Ch.72
680 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Matt Pov)

It's been a week since the 'vision' Alice had about the Volturi attacking us. During this time Carlisle was able to make contact with many of his old friends from other covens and ask them to come here to help us fight. Many showed up this week staying at the Cullen's house, as many of my clan's shifters came here to help the fight also staying with us once again. Once the clan heard Alice was 'human' again and now pregnant the response they had was expected, to party and get drunk. The next few days were tense with the rest of Carlisle's friends showing up slowly as we did the final preparations for the battle.

The ones who showed up for Carlisle were the Denali coven with Tanya, Kate, Carmen, and Eleazar. The Egyptian coven with Amun, Kebi, Benjamin, and Tia. The Irish Coven with Maggie, Siobhan, and Liam. The Amazon coven with Kachiri, Zafrina, and Senna.The two remaining vampires from the first Vampiric leaders Vladimir and Stefan. Plus several nomadic vampires that were not part of any coven, them being Nahuel, Huilen, Peter, Charlotte, Randall, Garrett, and Mary.

The ones from the Quileute tribe who would fight were few as many were tasked with protecting the village where many of our non-combats would stay in the meantime. Like Eva, Charlie, and Alice. Alice was mad she could not fight even though she could easily kill the vampires now as a goddess, but since she is 'human' again she couldn't fight plus Eva wouldn't let her knowing Alice is pregnant too and I agree with that. The only Quileute tribe members who would be fighting are Sam, Jacob, Leah, Jared, and Paul. The five were told to stick together in the fight with Sam leading them.

For my clan members a decent amount showed up, my grandparents showed up and my grandmother would be staying with the others in the Quileute tribe during the fight. Lucas, Astrid, and their parents Vera and Hugo, Gustav who is Vera's father, and Lars who is Eva's first cousin. There were more vampires than shifters in this battle to come, but us bears would be the tanks and front-line combatants. The wolves would be our hit and run fighters, with the allied vampires assisting the wolves or us bears in the fight depending our their abilities.

Before the fight, we were expecting tomorrow we all came together at our house for a final get-together and preparations. Plus everyone wanted to know how many would be on our side and who they are. With everyone crowding our house, some mingling, and others avoiding each other it was an interesting sight. Though my clan couldn't care less for the awkward atmosphere as they were excited about the battle and with Thor were all drinking heavily.

"Well I know everyone is an adult here, well most of us, but we should go around introducing ourselves. We might as well get to know each other before the battle, who knows who might save who in the fight," I say to everyone, getting some chuckles at my joke but ultimately most of Carlisle's friends were wary of everyone.

"I am Matt, the next clan head for the Strömberg clan. Husband of Alice Cullen and a very good fighter in any of my forms," I say introducing myself first to everyone as the vampires just stare at me.

"I'm Thor! Brother of Matt! I like to drink! I also love bashing heads!" Thor shouts slightly drunk as my clan laughs and nods agreeing with him, as most of the vampires look at him in either disgust or indifference. Then my clan introduces themselves one by one.

"I'm Sam, the leader of the wolves. We are allies with the Strömberg clan and the Cullen coven. We work very well in a pack, alone if the vampire is arrogant we can overpower them," Sam says shooting some glares toward the red-eyed vampires showing they drink human blood. The vampires snort at the wolves as they all glare more in return.

"I'm Tanya leader of the Denali coven, this is Kate, Carmen, and her mate Eleazar. We are from Alaska currently, like the Cullens prefer animal blood," Tanya says introducing her coven and I can see Kate and Garret one of the nomad vampires are mates through the bond they have just had looking at one another.

"I am Amun the leader of the Egyptian coven, once one of the strongest Covens. This is my wife and mate Kebi. These are our adopted son and daughter, Benjamin and Tia, who are also mates of one another," Amun says with a stoic and heavily accented voice hearing Tanya introducing her Coven. Though they are a Coven of human blood drinkers as each of their eyes is red.

"Hello, I'm Maggie we are the Irish Coven, this is Siobhan and her mate Liam," Maggie says in her Irish accent and with a small smile, her personality reminds me a bit of Alice. Though this coven also drinks human blood.

"I am Kachiri founder of the Amazonian Coven. These are two of my best warriors Zafrina and Senna," Kachiri says with an exotic accent. The coven looks to be human blood drinks also. Then each of the Nomadic vampires introduce themselves one by one. After everyone but the two oldest vampires introduce themselves, we all look at them waiting for them to introduce themselves.

"Vladimir and this is Stefan, we just want to wipe out the Volturi as they did to our Coven," Vladimir states with an angry look and a thick Italian accent. Stefan nods his head in agreement with what Vladimir said.

"What a group of rage-tag people, though we would all feel better if we drank! Drinks bring people together!" Thor says after a few moments of awkward silence that took place after the introductions.

"We are vampires fool, we can not eat or drink anything other than blood," Vladimir says with dislike towards Thor.

"Aye, I can tell from your red eyes and angry self-important attitude, but we have made drinks that even you vampire can drink," Thor says back with a chuckle making Vladimir's eyebrow twitch in annoyance, but the other vampires, especially the Irish coven are now interested. The wolves have already sat with my clan, since they are much more comfortable around us, and begun eating and drinking with my clan since before the introductions have started.

"Sounds interesting, been a very long time since I could drink anything other than blood. You sure we can drink it?" Maggie the apparent leader of the Irish coven asks Thor.

"Yeah, and it's fucking delicious, though made from animal blood so maybe not as good tasting to you," Emmett says as he walks over to Thor and beings drinking, making Rosalie sigh but have a small smile on her face at his antics.

"Well shit, let me try," Liam the only male member of the Irish coven says and grabs a blood-infused ale. After taking a sip his face turns to surprise and downs the drink in seconds.

"FUCK! That was the best tasting drink I've had in a long fucking time!" Liam says after finishing the ale. After hearing him the rest of the Irish coven start drinking, and then the Egyptian Coven follows suit shortly after. The Amazon Coven doesn't take part in drinking the alcohol but remains sitting around with us. Each of the Nomadic vampires does take part in the drinking also, along with all the Cullens.

"You all drink your worries away, we will watch for the Volturi," Vladimir says as he and Stefan leave the area to go and wait eagerly for the battle.

The next few hours were everyone sharing stories, asking questions of one another, and Thor wrestling all those who challenged him. Seeing the comradery that is now formed between each group even though most of the people here originally did not like each other was nice.

'Guess Thor is right for once, alcohol is a magical drink that gets people along. Though at the same time could initiate fights,' I think to myself watching Thor and Emmett wrestling each other on the ground as Jasper is taking bets on who can best Thor.

Smiling to myself, I leave the area without alerting anyone and teleport to Jotunheim. As I need to see if Sarnald has found the several ice giants who I can bring to earth with me as the last line of defense for Alice and the others in case Chaos tries something while we are battling. Arriving in my throne room in my true form, I walk to where I sense Sarnald is. Seems she is currently training a handful of Ice giants personally. Upon my arrival, they all stop and kneel to me.

"Sarnald, are these the ones who are going to be undercover and watching for chaos?" I ask her looking over the stronger five Ice giants hand picked by my strongest general.

"Yes my king, they are the best warriors we have trained since you tasked us with making a formal army. These five would be the best for this mission unless you want us, generals, to come," Sarnald says to me.

"No, I need you all here watching over the city and ensuring our people are ready for this war. These five are the last line of defense and will buy me enough time to arrive should chaos show its face," I say after looking over the five ice giants who remain with their heads bowed and kneeling to me. I can sense the admiration and loyalty they feel for me.

"Understood, this is Corror the strongest of the five and leader of them," Sarnald says motioning to the ice giant in the middle of the five.

"We will not fail you our King and will die before we let anything happen to our Queen," Corror says with conviction and determination deeply lacing his voice.

"Good, because the Queen has recently became pregnant and is carrying our future child. Your future prince or princess," I say to them and Sarnald looks overjoyed hearing the news, as do the other giants.

"I can not wait to share this news with the others, the royal family is growing!" Sarnald says with excitement.

"You can share this news, I will take these with me now," I say smiling at Sarnald's excitement.

"Stay safe my King and tell my Queen all of our congratulations to her and you," Sarnald says bowing her head at me. I nod and with a flick of the wrist teleport me and all the ice giants back to earth. Far away from everyone else, at least a few dozen miles away deep in the forest.

"Remain hidden from everyone, only show yourselves if chaos appears," I say to the ice giants turning back to my human form and turning them into human forms.

"Your will be done," Corror says and they all rush off to protect and watch over Alice and the others staying in the Quileute tribe.

After watching them leave, I teleport back to my room and make my way back to the party that is now happening with everyone drinking and getting drunk.

Surprisingly or not surprisingly the Irish and Egyptian Covens are holding their alcohol very well, even out drinking some of my clan members. The rest of the night people slowly start passing out from drinking or stumbling to bed, as the rest of us who didn't get black out drunk are fine.

"Brother, are the frost giants you brought taking part in the battle?" Thor asks me when we are alone outside smoking and drinking.

"No, they are here to protect Alice in case chaos tries anything stupid and I can step in," I say to Thor who nods his head in understanding.

"I hope this fight is a fun one, been a long time since I had a good fight," Thor says with a chuckle. I just laugh and shake my head at his battle crazed attitude.

29