Todd
73 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Todd was perfect. Todd is perfect. Todd will always be perfect.

Cody was imperfect, he admitted to himself. Which really troubled him. How could the genius who invented flying whiteboards, computing whiteboards, and most recently, the AEW, be imperfect? Well, sometimes there can be too much of a good thing.

"Todd," Cody said, pensively, "sometimes I worry, that I am so bright and smart, that people feel terrible in my presence. Making comparison to me, people realize their follies and must feel awful. Unlike you, Todd. Todd, you never speak at all, so no one ever feels bad around you. You don't have this terrible flaw that I have, for you could never make someone feel stupid in your presence."

Todd smiled again, having been complimented by his master.

***

Cody thought back to when he purchased his Todd. It was back when he was just hired as head whiteboard engineer. Things were stressful back then. Deadlines were piling up. He needed respite, he needed to take a hiatus.

He was browsing his favorite store, Cerealosis, for something to relieve his stress. This was before he had invented the flying whiteboard, so he was still walking around the store the old-fashioned way. Nowadays he'd surf on his flying whiteboard around the store and get his general shopping done at least 5 times faster.

Despite his genius, he failed to find anything that would help him. He tried out the stress balls they had, but even the green ones seemed unable to fill the void inside of him.

Green. Such a good color. Green is the color of life and happiness. It felt like the opposite of nothingness, it was the most something of any color he had ever seen. Green is good.

But not even the green stress ball satisfied him. Sure, it looked pretty, but the color did not change how it felt to squeeze it. The squeeze itself felt empty and meaningless. "Honestly," Cody thought, "they really should have added more meaningfulness to these stress balls. Their squeezes are quite lackluster." So he spoke with the store manager.

"Hey, Frank?" Frank was the manager of Cerealosis, the general store for all your needs. It was, (frankly), a revolutionary leap for stores. It was a shame no one seemed to know about Cerealosis and its seemingly endless array of anything you could possibly desire. "Frank, I need your help here!"

"Yes, Cody?" Cody had just walked into his office without knocking. A bit annoyed, (Cody caught him in the middle of... eh, better that you don't know), he asked "Can you please keep it brief? I need to get back to my important business."

Cody replied, "Well, I need something to help me relax from work. I just feel like no one ever listens to me at work and I get so frustrated, like all these people keep on saying that there is this color 'red' out there, like, ugh, can you believe them?" He chuckled self-confidently to himself, knowing how foolish red-believers were.

Frank, prudently avoiding the subject of red, suggested, "Well, have you heard of the Todd?"

"What is a Todd?"

"Well," Frank explained, "there is actually only one in stock. There is only one Todd, but as you might know, we at Cerealosis have anything you might possibly need. Todd is a mute man who we captured from the street and found has an incredible fondness for being talked to. And he will never say anything disagreeable. You can even tell he enjoys it, because he is always smiling."

"Is his hair green?"

"No, but we also sell green hair dye. You can dye Todd green yourself. I'm sure he won't say anything against it."

And that was that. A sale was made and Cody found himself enjoying life again.

***

"I don't know what I would do without you, Todd," Cody said. Todd's hair was still bright green, and his skin was, too.

2