Moving
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We are in the process of changing our base of operations. My higher-ups say that the whiteboard demon has started to break through our security measures, anyway. But they also refuse to give me funding for a new whiteboard. Do they really think that is going to protect us? He is still moving Mars towards Earth, because Cody is still on another whiteboard. Of course he won't attack us, because we are not threatening him without access to his whiteboard. Can't they just hire better security? Ugh. I need to find where Cody has gone next.

Thankfully, I was able to sneak off of our transportation vehicle while on the move. I told them that I wanted to buy a few groceries. Gullible fools! Thankfully, if they fall for Cody's tricks, they can fall for mine, too. Sometimes I wonder if we are even on the same team here.

After leaving the vehicle and getting myself far out of sight, I burst towards the nearest store that would sell whiteboards. I had a fleeting thought, wishing that Cerealosis existed in real life, outside of that demon's deranged whiteboard fantasies. However, even without the aid of a non-ethereal Cerealosis, I found a store that sold whiteboards. I scanned the isles until... perfect! I saw the whiteboard that clearly must belong to Cody. I could tell because I brought my whiteboard demon scanner with me. I wear it like a set of glasses, and it shows me which whiteboards are tainted by demons.

I purchased the whiteboard and observed his thoughts, before slipping into them.

***

Todd was still carrying the entire invisible planet with him. He had travelled about halfway from its original distance from Earth.

Kire appeared, this time with a weapon: an entire marker sword he constructed from markers he had stuck together. "Halt, foul beast!" he cried, before striking Todd. Todd's green paint wore off further but he still deflected the blow, bouncing the marker sword off of his body.

***

I was now on the run. Cody had sent another being at me, this time a stray green dog. I threw a red marker from my marker sword at it and that seemed to stall the beast. It looked both confused and angry once it saw the improvised projectile. It jumped up and snatched the marker in its teeth and started trying to destroy it.

I hid my newly acquired whiteboard under my shirt and hopped back in our transport vehicle with my excuse groceries. Now that I was in a high speed vehicle, there was no way that darn dog could catch up to us, I thought. All I needed to do now was slash Todd a few times and the battle would be won.

However, as I was landing my finishing strikes on Todd, one of my higher-ups peeked at where I was sitting. I tried to conceal what I was doing but it was too late. My embarrassment led to hesitation on my part, whereupon Todd destroyed my marker sword in the whiteboard universe. I was worried that he would be victorious.

Then we heard a loud thump. We had run over the green dog. In the whiteboard universe, this meant that Todd had been hit by a stray meteor. We were saved! But not my ass, because now I had some explaining to do.

***

I pulled over for a stern lecture. Although I wasn't showing it, I was more scared than before. A green dog now? What is going on?

"Kire, I told you, no more whiteboards. I don't know what's going on, but they're nothing but trou-"

"I needed to save the Earth, don't you understand?"

"I need you safe, Kire, I don't want you-"

"The UNIVERSE isn't safe! Do you want BOTH of us to die when Mars impacts Earth?"

I was silent. I needed some time to think, but for now, I would continue driving to our new home. But first, I made sure to confiscate the whiteboard Kire had purchased.

***

Todd woke up after a few minutes. He was actually fine. The last of the green paint saved him.

Todd looked at the great blue marble and smiled.

1