[Arc 0] Chapter 1: The one who is above all.
5.2k 26 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Edit:

Well, things turned out differently than I expected, and I ended up doing the chapter review because I was quite annoyed that it was a bunch of completely unnecessary stuff, and since it felt pretty good to be told about that, I decided to go for it and cut as much as I could, keeping things that I felt were important or that I couldn't figure out how to fix. Anyway, this would be the new version of chapter 01/prologue. Feel free to comment and let me know what other mistakes you find.

Rise of the dungeon master is a dungeon simulator and RPG game, developed by Algerian Games Inc. which remained among the top streaming positions during its first 6 months since its release. His story was not one of the best. It was very basic. “You found a dungeon core and now you are its master, use it to achieve your greatest ambitions.” As you can see, quite simple.

You had to create a dungeon, collect monsters and expand your domain. You could choose between destruction, conquest, maintaining friendly relations, or never revealing yourself to the world, but that was considered a bad ending.

Although it seems simple, you had a lot of things to do in this game. As expected, you had to design a dungeon with a maximum of 50 floors. Place a boss every 10 floors, and repel attacks from the adventurers and heroes of that world.

On top of that, you can invade game-generated dungeons or even other players' dungeons to further level up your dungeon. There was a ranking that ranked the dungeons in different ways. The degree of difficulty of the monsters, the number of deaths accumulated weekly, the maximum DP reached, etc.

And I haven't even talked about the best part. The character designs.

This game had one of the most complete customization systems that existed. You could do almost anything that came out of your twisted head. Do you want a four-armed Amazon with tentacles instead of legs and bunny ears? Why don't you add a 40cm penis too? The game even lets you choose the texture of her balls! Do you want a shota with insect wings, gorilla limbs, and a crab body? Make his skin dripping with green liquid and even choose what flavor it would have!

There were no limits to what you could do and many chose to do just that, creating extremely strange designs. Aberrations that seemed taken from the myths of H.P. Lovecraft.

But our protagonist was not one of those weirdos. Well, maybe a little bit, but in a different sense than you'd expect. His name isn't even important, he doesn't usually use it anyway. He was a complete shut-in, all of his food was ordered online, as was everything he bought. He never used his real name, he used an alias, “Reilan” and was somewhat known to be one of the biggest scammers on the internet. For some reason, he always managed to escape capture and no one could figure out who he was. In this way and others just as illegal, he managed to get the money for his apartment, the internet, and electricity and even had enough left over to buy games and buy things in them.

When he discovered Rise of the Dungeon Master, ROTDM for short, it was as if he had discovered his paradise.

He managed to get early access, and his legend began. He spent almost 12 hours designing his character. Each pixel had to be exactly as he had it in his head. Reilan was, to be blunt, a lolicon. The vast majority of the characters he created in all of his games were lolis of every kind that existed. And if a game didn't allow for that kind of aesthetic, no matter how highly rated it was, he never played it. You can imagine then that, when he discovered that ROTDM had such a complete and free system, he would jump right in.

His main character, a 145 cm (4.7) tall red-skinned Oni with 2 horns on her forehead about 15 cm (6-inch) long, grows upwards from her head. They started the same shade of red as her skin, fading to white until they reached the tip. She had silver hair, long to her waist and tied in a full braid. Her golden eyes were like molten gold and with a white outline. Slightly pronounced chest, about a B cup. She had gold tattoos on her arms, similar to flames that went up to her shoulders and joined at her back, then came down to form a Japanese Oni mask outlined in black. Around her neck was a necklace, just a strip of leather with a carved bone at the end like the point of a trident pointing downwards. And as a finishing touch, he turned her into a futanari. You may be wondering, why? Well… why not? "If there is the possibility of doing it, it would be foolish not to take advantage of it." That would be his answer if you asked him. And he takes advantage of one of the options to be able to “hide” it and take it out at will. Just because it looked funny in the preview.

So now he had a red-skinned, albino-haired, well-muscled Oni with an 18 cm (7-inch) penis between her legs.

"But narrator, wouldn't it be better if she had a bigger penis?" Well no. I don't get why internet guys think futanari should have exaggerated stuff. Anything over 25 cm (9-inch) should be considered a weapon, as it seems you like to see waifus being stabbed in their doujinshi. They should be ashamed. Don't you know how painful that is? Well, not that I know either, I'm just a storyteller. But I can imagine how painful it is!

*Cough* *Cough*

Reilan was beyond proud of her. Definitely a work of art in his eyes. And with her, Reilanis (Not very original, I know, but hey, at least it makes it easier to remember), began her adventure.

Reilan dedicated himself to doing what he had always done, staying in the starting zone and going up as many levels as he could. In 4 months, he had reached level 50. That was his favorite number, so it was always his limit to start any game.

With his goal achieved, his story began. He destroys all monsters and bosses from the beginning of the game. He visited different regions and learned as much as he could about the fantasy world, he was in. He did a lot of things during those 2 months, and then, on the first day of the third month, he finally decided to set up his dungeon.

Now let me explain this to you.

ROTDM allowed you to take on your dungeon core and settle in almost any region of the world you wanted, except, of course, territories of some NPC realm.

Reilan settled in a region of very thick forest, which had what the game called "a ley line source" and began to work on his dungeon. He spends several days creating each floor, little by little.

Of course, this would take a lot of time, but every second for him was worth it. Then, when his dungeon reached level 3, the option he was waiting for so much appeared. The creation of NPCs.

ROTDM had a system that many waited for years for some companies to develop, and although Algerian Games was not the first to implement it, it was the only one that used the same main character creation system for NPC customization, also adding a checkout store for more options, and the first to use advanced AI to control them

The first was a dragon girl. Pretty cliche, I know. But, if you had the choice, wouldn't you have done the same? He works on her for a few hours, making sure she was as cute and tough as he can. When finished, he was pleased.

The second one was a bit different. Normally he would have turned all of them into lolis, as he always did, but for the first time, something impelled him to create her this way, as if he was forced to. And so, she looked like a very strict army secretary. It felt strange, but for some reason, he didn't dislike the result. He even felt good about that change.

Next was an even smaller girl, a Beastkin. She was one of the races that could be purchased at the paid store. There were the rarest and some variants of the common ones, among them were the Fennec. A type of fox that is very small in size and has longer ears. They were some of the most popular races in the store. Reilan didn't hesitate for a second, bought it, and started working on it.

As if compensating for the previous design, the new girl was turned into a loli, one who was the exact image of cuteness among beastkin. And as icing on the cake, he put a 5-pointed black star drawn on each of her 3 tails, a reference to someone special to him.

Reilan was satisfied. Another great success, another work of art he thought. He was getting closer to finishing his dream team of NPCs that would accompany him throughout the game. He didn’t want to waste any more time and went to work on the fourth character.

He thought for a while and after reviewing the different race variants in the store, he found one that stood out, one called "True Elf". From the description, it was said that light elves and dark elves loathed each other, as was typical in fantasy. But this was something that seemed to be overlooked in that world. If both races of elves were mixed, they would give birth to a child that could be called a "True Elf". They had an incredible balance between the abilities of both types of elves. A high magical affinity from the light elves and unsurpassed agility and dexterity from the dark elves. This is the next one Reilan thought and started to work.

When the figure of this elf appeared, he immediately thought of a character from another game, the undead elf leader of a horde, which many will know from that famous MMORPG.

This elf was one of her favorite characters, so Reilan thought "Why not?"

He reduced her height and kept most of her original design. But there was something about her. It gave him a feeling he couldn't describe. The look on her was as if she was looking into him. Making him feel uncomfortable. Then he decided to leave it as it was and go to the last

 

With the fourth member finished, there was only a single slot left.

Reilan went back and forth between all the races, but none caught his attention. He decided to put the random option and go with the one that comes out. And “Automaton” was the winner.

That was when Reilan realized it. There was a space for the “non-biologicals” that he had overlooked. He searches through them, finding the automaton, wooden puppets, gargoyles, and golems.

Reilan had never done characters like that. Automatons used to always be maids or the like, and it wasn't something he wanted. In addition to the fact that a literal robot breaks the aesthetics of the fantasy world. So, he played it safe and took the golem. He checked to see if any variants looked good, and found one called a "living rock golem." According to his description, it was a very rare type of golem that was born under very specific conditions. They were capable of having their thoughts and even some primitive emotions. A very soft way of saying that they are hardly smarter than a stone. Bad joke I know.

He didn't want to think about it too much so he just did a quick setup and with that he was satisfied. The easiest of all to create, but also one of the best, given its simplicity.

Reilan looked at the NPCs with a big smile on his face. He gave them basic gear and spent the next month level-grinding his new comrades. Reilan had already reached level 80 since he started following the story quests and leveling up his dungeon, so raising the levels of his team of NPCs had been more than child's play for him.

Reilan felt more and more attached to his characters that his mind began to fabricate a story for them. Every one of them. He even tried to fit each one with the route he had taken since he started playing and until the moment, he managed to settle his dungeon definitively. Even thought about writing a fanfic about it. But he rejects the idea. Those things were too embarrassing to share with strangers.

By the time he had completed the year of play, he was already in the End game stage and reached the maximum level. His Reilanis was level 120, and his 5 NPCs were level 100. Fully equipped, and with skills maxed out, Reilan felt a sense of accomplishment. And the game rewarded him for it.

He earned the "The One Who Is Above All" achievement. An achievement and title earned upon reaching level 120.

But what was so special about that? It was a hidden mission that took several months to complete but when he finally did it, such was the joy and relief that Reilan wept with happiness. There was nothing more satisfying than not only achieving a hidden achievement that seemed impossible but being the only one in the whole world to possess it.

Reilan, feeling enlightened, decided it was best to go to rest. As his daily routine dictated, he would turn off his pc, throw away all the bags of chips, bottles of soda, and cans of energy drinks that were practically 90% caffeine and 10% sugar water, and then lay down on his bed with his cell phone, using the excuse of having insomnia to stay awake for another 3 hours watching Twitter posts.

Said and done, he spent the next few hours reviewing the events of the day. Posts from his favorite Vtubers, news about new games, or anime.

just when he wanted to call it a day, a post from Algerian Games suddenly appeared. The announcement was about the first expansion pack for ROTDM. This caused Reilan to jump from his bed and scream in confusion.

"What the hell!? It's only been a year and they were already announcing an expansion! I didn't expect them to release one for at least another 2 years! This is Amazing!

Caught off guard, Reilan completely lost sleep in that instant. This was incredibly wonderful news.

Needless to say, he couldn't sleep that night, and he spent researching that and for several more days, going through the game's forums and everywhere he could, for any little bit of information or leak about the new expansion.

There was curiously enough actually. It was said that part of the story would be facing an army of divine heroes who had been sent by the gods to eradicate the one who had wreaked havoc on their world. It strangely sounded far superior to the simplistic story that was in the base game. On top of that, the level cap would be increased from 120 to 150 for main characters, and from 100 to 130 for NPCs. There was quite a stir because no one knew that the level cap was 120. This made Reilan, who was the only known player to have completed that achievement, smirk.

According to the leaks that were coming out over the days, some of the new races included new types of beastkin. From aquatic races, some others that inhabited the tundra of the new southern continent, and demon races, who inhabited the other new continent to the west, which were previously unavailable but were mentioned in some of the game's quests and story.

Reilan wrote everything he found quickly. He read it three times making sure that everything he found out about the new content had been etched deep into his memory.

With the feeling of accomplishment still surging through his body, Reilan felt his eyes grow heavy. Perhaps tired from the intense search for information or simply because the tension had left him, he decided to settle back in his chair and take a nap. Maybe when he woke up, he would eat something or review his game. Reilan closed his eyes and fell asleep, not knowing that this would be his last moment in this world.

Well, what do you think about the first chapter? I know it can be a bit messy, and I still feel like it doesn't qualify as a first chapter, but a prologue, but since it's Reilan's point of view, I wanted to do it this way.

There's a lot of information and clues about what will happen in the future (some quite obvious :P), but I feel like I'm satisfied with how it turned out, despite the mess!

There will be two chapters today to commemorate the beginning of the story. The next chapter will possibly be next Wednesday. Although, depending on the acceptance that there is today, I may release a couple more for the weekend. It's up to you guys!

Without more to say, criticize me (constructively and respectfully) as much as you can, and ask as many questions as you like, I'll be reading them!

76