Chapter 2: Thank you for your cooperation…
155 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     "...and this one is among our longest lasting experiments and the only survivor of the pandemic series!"

     Two hazy fingers became clearer and were getting larger.

     'No, they're getting closer...'

     Finally it's vision finally became clear enough to realize they were inside a large white room with a glass wall for viewing.

     "Would you like to take a closer look? Oh, don't worry! She's been injected with our special sleeping serem!"

     Both hazy figures dressed mostly in white but they had a hazy pair of blue legs, but it sounds like the voice came from the one on the left.

     "Then if she's not dangerous then why is she in a special security room?" The other figure looked similar but it sounded like a female?

     "That's because she went through the plague experiments and her power level was too high to be moved to a minimal security room."

     "Plagues?! Isn't that dangerous for us? Wouldn't she be contagious?!"

     "N-No! Of course I wouldn't bring you somewhere so dangerous! She's long past the plague experiments so her system has been cleared of all the diseases."

     'Is he talking about me? No, more than that, is he trying to... show me off? How long ha--AAHH!?'

     As her senses became clearer, so did her sense of pain. Her teeth clenched shut as her entire body went stiff as board. There was nothing restraining her but she didn't move anyways as the pain only intensified. It was coming from all of the IVs and tubes that were attached to her body.

     "Are you sure we can be here? I don't think she looked like that before..."

    "We'll be fine! What could she possibly do? Plus, we haven't had an incident in a long time, at least not after the last facility exploded."

     The blaring alarm ran through the building, the scientists looked at each other in panic.

     "What the hell is that?!"

     "[Intruder alert. West side breach]"

     An automated voice rang through the halls, it was an external breach.

     She could barely keep tabs on her surroundings but she managed to sit up when they turned their backs to her. Some of the tubes and IVs were still attached but she doesn't have time to think about that because right now, they had something she needed, a way out.

     Standing was far more difficult than it should have been, or maybe not? Most of the IVs had been yanked from her skin but that doesn't matter because now she was falling.

     All of the tubes had slowed her fall so she tried reaching out to one of the people but was too slow to grab anything, so she hit the floor.

     "*EEEK!* I thought you said she couldn't move!"

     "Wha--?!"

     Looking up, she grabbed an IV needle and reached out to the girl. Her grip wasn't strong enough to keep the girl from moving but she was able to stab the girl through the suit with the needle. The girl didn't seem to notice though.

     "HURRY UP!" The woman yelled at the man, he was panicking and fumbling with something.

     The girl grabbed a thin metal slate from the boy.

     "D*mn it! I'll do it myself!"

     She pushed him to the ground and opened the door. She tried closing the door but the boy had placed his hands in the frame.

     "NO!"

     But the woman didn't listen, she started slamming the door on his hands, trying to get him to move. By this time she had stood back up and was removing the left over tubes and such. She could see the boy's hands had been blooded and his gloves had been abolished.

    This is when an explosion happened somewhere further in the facility. The explosion sent a blast of pressure down the hall, this ended up knocking the woman down, and flinging the door open.

     She tried standing back up and then felt the throbbing pain in her foot. Looking down, the woman started screaming. Her ankle had swollen so much the skin was tearing, and it was only getting worse.

     Stepping over the boy, the thought of a paralyzed girl pushed open the door. There's blood on the floor and stepping through it, she realized she's barefoot and not in much to begin with. Just a strange blue gown to cover her private parts.

     Holding up the large needle she looked at the two scientists. A chilling smile formed on her sickly pale face. Both scientist's felt terror flood their bodies as they looked into her eyes, they were so cold and dark...

     'How lucky, if they hadn't come at the time they did, or if that alarm hadn't gone off, who knows if I'd ever get another chance at escape, but for them to panic so much... really, I got very lucky....'

     Grabbing the female scientist, she stuck the needle in her neck after a bit of struggling with the inconsolable scientist.

     Much like her foot, her neck started swelling. Looking further up the leg of the foot that'd been pricked, it had turned purple and all her veins kept swelling and getting bigger. She's now bleeding from every opening she had.

     After observing her work, she turned her head and smiled at the male scientist. In fright, he scrambled backwards in a futile attempt to get away from her.

     "W-What do you want?! P-Please spare me!! I'll give you anything!"

     But then the girl gave a cruel smile and tilted her head.

     "Anything? My, what an offer... you better start talking then."

     The poor man looked at her with trembling eyes, it was like a scene straight from his worst nightmare.

     The girl with black hair and eyes stared at him like he was an animal about to be slaughtered. His dead colleague was in the background and bloody footprints lead away from her, to him.

     The girl's eyes were so dark, he couldn't even see a reflection of light in them. To make things worse, the blaring alarms were warning everyone of danger with flashing red lights.

     By now the girl had stopped smiling and glared down at the scientist. She crouched in front of him and threateningly positioned the needle over his hand.

     "I said start talking."

     "W-What do you want to know!?"

     "Where am I?"

     "Y-Your at a government research facility!"

     "What were you injecting me with?"

     "I-I don't know what experiments you're currently under!"

     "Oh really? You seemed to know a lot about my experiments earlier."

     "T-That's because all scientists have access to complete experiments!"

     "Really? Then this is your last question, where is the exit?"

    "T-There is an emergency exit at the entrance of every new section..."

    "Mmm, thank you for your cooperation..."

    She smiled and stabbed his hand with the needle. Shock flashed through his eyes as he looked at the girls retreating back.

    His screams rang through the halls as more explosions were set off in the facility.

9