Chapter 18. In the Dark
78 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The thing about making a deal with the devil is… no matter how sweet and satisfying the end result may sound, there is always a catch. Like how Adrian was blinded by his own desire to ensure the innocents remain as pure as they should be and driven by his own hunger for revenge had led him to be where he is now. He is paralyzed on the bed. Not only that his body couldn’t move, he also couldn’t speak. Only his eyes can look around while the rest of his limbs are as good as dead. He was confused at first as to what was happening to him but he later realized that the boy who had been standing by the side of his bed, smiling down at him, a smile of a winner, could be the perpetrator to it all.

Devon caresses the side of Adrian’s face softly and he leans down on him. “Don’t worry, love. Everything will be okay now. You will be free,” he said softly then planted a kiss on Adrian’s unmoving lips. “You are now mine.” With that being said, Adrian’s world has gone black.

When he regains his consciousness, the first thing that catches his mind is the thirst. His throat felt like it had been dried for days and it is almost excruciating. He can move his limbs but they are heavy and numb and he notices that he is in an unfamiliar room. He is no longer at his studio. The room he is currently in is dark and gloomy. If he could make a painting out of it, it’ll mostly be like Rothko’s abstract painting with blocks of black and white and blue. That in itself reflects how desolate it feels like to be in that confined space.

“You’re awake? Have a drink,” he heard the familiar voice of Devon speaking to him. He saw a figure walking towards him. In the dark, he couldn’t see the face clearly but he knows that it is Devon. He can feel it. Devon brought a cup of water towards his mouth. Through the straw, Adrian manages to suck the water into his throat, quenching his thirst. He feels that he hasn’t had enough when the cup was sucked dry by him but he couldn’t form words through his mouth to ask for more. He can open his lips slightly but he can only produce unintelligible sounds. He can feel Devon was smiling in the dark, probably amused to the futile efforts of himself trying to speak.

Adrian wanted to ask Devon about so many things. He wanted to yell angrily at him. He wanted to probably even beat the boy to death but he still couldn’t speak or move. He feels angry and confused. But mostly, he feels frustrated. How can he be fooled by a boy like Devon? How can he lose his abilities? What of his mind control? What of his ability to summon his double? Where did they go? How come he is helpless like this now? Where is the Devil? Is he lurking the dark, laughing at him for becoming this? What’s happening to him? Why is this happening?

“You must be angry right now, Adrian, I know but let me tell you, this is all your fault,” Devon begins to speak as he places the cup down on a table next to the bed where Adrian was being laid on. It was at this moment that Adrian can feel that the painting is there with them in this room. He desperately searches for any sign of it in the dark room with his eyes but he can’t find it. He is then distracted at his effort to find the painting when he hears what’s come next from Devon’s mouth.

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2023/02/14

1