Chapter 19. Painful Memory
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Adrian desperately searches for the painting with his eyes, he is shocked to have heard what’s come next from Devon’s mouth. “I’m frustrated with myself. I was disabled back then. I couldn’t help you when you were burning in the fire.”

Adrian’s eyes sharply fixate themselves on the outline of Devon in the darkness. He is shocked to find out that Devon knew about the fire. Has he known him since back then? Who is he then? Just who the fuck is Devon?!

Devon moves his body closer towards Adrian. He brushes his fingers along the side of Adrian’s face and his hand moves to play with Adrian’s hair as he speaks. “But what frustrates me the most is that you don’t even remember who I am, Adrian.” His hand then started to grip Adrian’s hair, causing him pain. “How could you?! You told me that I was your one true friend! You don’t even remember my name! Or is everything back when you were deformed and blind bad to you that you refused to remember even a single one good memory? Or was I never even a good memory to you? I meant nothing to you, am I?” Devon rambled like a mad man before he broke down and cried. He lets go of his grip on Adrian’s hair and begins to caress him gently again as he sobs. Adrian can feel his tears drop to the side of his own face.

By this time, Adrian gets fragments of memories from his past. Maybe it was due to Devon’s sobbing that his own eyes are watery too, remembering little by little of the memories he is not fond of. The memories of his past when he wasn’t beautiful and when the world was dark to him. “How can you forget me, the boy who was always by your side when you were nothing? When you were ugly and nothing? You may look beautiful now, but deep down, Adrian, deep down, you’re rotten to the core,” Devon spoke again but now, he starts to kiss Adrian’s cheeks, ear, and face wantonly while his hands had started to move around undressing Adrian and caressing every part of his skin like a hungry beast. “But I love you anyway… I’m even worse than you. The things that I had done just to be with you like this, I’m as rotten as you. I hate you. And I also love you. This is all your faults,” Devon accused. When his last words fell, Adrian is stripped naked and he can already guess what Devon wants from him.

In the back of Adrian’s mind, he can still remember a boy who was always by his side. He doesn’t know what the boy looks like. But he remembers his soothing voice. The boy who would always make him feel at least better in a life where everything was falling apart. After the night of the fire, he never once tried to look for the boy. He wanted so much to put his past behind him that even little things that made him happy back then were not worth for him to remember. He was afraid of the memory. He was afraid of going back to become who he was. He was afraid to be reminded that his face, body and demonic abilities are borrowed. In due time, he will lose it all. For the deal with the devil meant no good ending for him or for anyone at all. Sadly, because of him, that gentle boy from back then was also dragged into this quagmire of torture. There will not be a good ending for both of them. He knows that the devil will ensure that.

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2023/02/21

1