(M) Chapter 26. The Final Stage
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not only did his body feel uncomfortable, his heart was also troubled by what was presented in front of him right now. They were no longer in the bedroom. Adrian was bathed and clothed in a suit by Devon. As the final show, everything was arranged like a theatre performance. There was a stage at the edge of the banquet hall, a dining table at the other edge of the hall and the audiences’ seats were situated in the middle of them. Adrian was seated nearest to the stage with Devon by his side. Meanwhile, the devil and his lover were seated at the last row of the seat which was nearest to the dining table. 

It was not food that was served on the dining table. What was served on the table were the body parts of Kevin Klaus which had started to emit the stench of rotten corpses. On the stage, there was Victor tied up to a pole. He was no longer being controlled like a puppet. He was crying in fear and also begging for mercy. He appeared to be very afraid. Lady Rebecca entered the stage, smiling excitedly like a child. “Adrian, I have been waiting for you to see this!” she exclaimed. She took a big bottle by one side of the centre stage and started to pour the content onto Victor. From the smell, Adrian could tell that it was gasoline. And from that, Adrian can already deduce what Lady Rebecca was about to do. Before he could even complete the scenario in his head, it had already begun. 

Lady Rebecca lit the match and threw it towards Victor, burning her husband alive in front of the audience. She laughed hysterically as she watched Victor scream and shake in pain as the fire ate his skin. It was like a sick performance. “I love you, Adrian,” Lady Rebecca spoke with madness displayed in her eyes. “This is all for you. Now I can be together with you, in hell,” she said. With another bottle of gasoline being opened, she poured its content onto herself. She laughed loudly and excitedly as she jumped into the fire, hugging her husband whose scream was slowly diminishing, marking the end of his life. The screaming was now replaced with hers. Adrian was speechless. But deep inside, he was also excited. He had long awaited for the moment for Victor to die. The only disappointment was that it wasn’t delivered by his own hand.

Adrian knew it all along that most people who died from fire didn’t really die from the burning. They die from breathing in the fire or from carbon monoxide poisoning or from their throats being burned alive. He knew this well because he had ‘died’ in a fire before. It would have been better if they could stop breathing for a moment so that they could die from the pain instead. That would have been more meaningful. If it was up to his own hand, he would make them stop breathing before they were burned. But nonetheless, it was still so satisfying to watch. But that’s that. So, what’s next? It was exciting when he was hunting for his prey, railing them in, fooling them and then killing them. But after that, there was no more excitement.

He needed more. There should be more to this. It was only an excuse, wasn’t it? Revenge and all that nonsense. All that Adrian ever wanted was to hunt, to kill, and to fuck. This couldn’t already be over. He needed to escape. He got up from his seat, looking around. The exit was near the dining table at the back. He slowly took steps back towards the exit while facing Devon who also had gotten up from his seat. “Do you like it, Adrian? This is all for you,” Devon said as he followed Adrian’s steps. With each of Adrian’s steps back, Devon took a step forward. 

William, watching them from afar, smiled to himself knowingly. He knew that Adrian planned to escape. “It’s almost the end, Adrian,” William warned playfully. He saw Adrian getting closer to where he was seated, towards the exit. But he stayed in place, refusing to bother himself with whatever that is to come.

“We can finally be together,” Devon spoke calmly. He stopped in his tracks when Adrian’s back hit the dining table. He knew that Adrian couldn’t escape him. Adrian’s hand unintentionally touched a metal on the dining table. He turned his head to see that it was the butcher’s knife that was used by Victor to kill Kevin. He quickly picked it up and rushed forward towards Devon. In that split seconds, Devon felt a sharp pain on his chest. Adrian had stabbed him with the butcher’s knife. “Aa-!” Devon groaned slightly in pain. “What are you doing?” he asked. 

Adrian grinned in satisfaction. He looked desperate and stupid at the moment that it didn’t fit his superior beauty at all. “If you die then I can have my abilities back,” Adrian said through his gritted teeth. In response, Devon only smiled sadly as he looked into Adrian’s eyes. He felt pain but he wouldn’t die from this. Adrian looked down on Devon’s chest. To his surprise, Devon didn’t drip blood. Instead of blood, liquid of multiple colours was dripping from his wound. As an artist, Adrian could tell what it was right away. That liquid was paint. It was paint that was flowing out of Devon’s wound.

Adrian immediately released his grip from holding the handle of the butcher’s knife. “What?! What are these?! Why are you-...?!” He started to form questions out loud. But he was cut in by Devon. “-All I wanted was to be with you, Adrian,” Devon spoke sadly. His voice sounded like he had given up on the whole world. It was like he had lost his light. “I love you. I love you the most in the world, remember?” He reiterated. 

Adrian didn’t realise by this time, William had been standing by his side, looking at them without a hint of worry on his face. “Tch tch tch, wrong move, Adrian,” William suddenly commented. Adrian turned to look at William angrily. “What’s the meaning of all these?! You fucking cunning devil!!!” Adrian cursed in anger. He was confused about what was happening around him. He became clueless as to what he was supposed to do at that moment. With an amused look on his face, William laughed out loud. “Cunning? Why, thank you for the compliment,” he simply responded. “Shall I jog up your memory, Adrian? Don’t you remember who Devon really is? Or- hold up. I mean what Devon really is…” William insinuated. A sick twisted smile was formed on his handsome face. It is time to reminisce about the past.

֍֍֍

*Author’s Note: We’re almost at the end of the story. Brace yourself for the truth. -K

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2023/04/11

֍֍֍

1