Chapter 20 – Pecees Town (1)
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mercenaries renowned for their skills in escorting merchants and fighting through dangerous territories, and we could see Marlone with them, the mercenaries are of course Rachel and Alejandro who escort Marco.

They are escorting Marco to the town of Pecees, a town several days away, through hills and valleys.

Marco, a lean, wiry man, is silent most of the time, except for the occasional complaint about the length of the trip or the weight of his load. We will reassure him by telling him that we will soon arrive at Pecees and that he will be able to sell his goods at a good price.

After all, Pecees is the largest trading town on the west coast of human territory.

"I can't wait to get to Pecees, and I hope I don't run into any monsters and bandits, after all I'm still hurt. »

We advance at a brisk pace, avoiding the most dangerous paths and bandits who might attack us. But for some unknown reason, Marlone still kept one hand on his saber and one eye on the horizon, looking for any signs of danger.

"Ahahahaha, Marlone no need to be so worried we currently go through the least dangerous paths and where there are the least monsters, there is very little chance that we will be attacked by anyone. Laughed Alejandro

"I know, but I don't feel it right now, my intuition tells me that something is going to happen to us. Marlone said, which annoyed Marco.

Filled with anger, Marco spoke, "Oh! Marlone stop jinxing us all right! »

"Ahahahah" laughed Rachel while Marlone was a bit embarrassed.

As we chatted, we could hear grunts coming from outside.

Rachel and Marlone rushed out of the car, guns drawn, and they could see four wolves that are the size of bears on the ground.

So Rachel warned Marlone "Those are F-rank monsters!" Be careful they are known to have a one ton bite but despite their monstrous strength they are only F- rated as they cannot use mana making them weak against magic and mana use so with each attack, fills the mana! »

" Heard ! Marlone said and charged her black lightning saber.

A wolf rushed towards him recognizing him as the weakest and the rest rushed towards Rachel, Marlone got off balance and put his leg forward then attacked in an arrow with his saber filled with black lightning which badly injured the wolf and his flesh was all cooked.

But the wolf didn't give up and swung his right claw at Marlone's neck and Marlone dodged as he ducked to the ground but some of that hair was cut off, panicked he charged his body with mana then jumped in the air and put a spinning kick jumped into the wolf's eye which literally destroyed him and to finish it he placed his saber filled with black lightning into the wolf's heart and the wolf fell and died.

Rachel is long overdue defeating the wolves, but she watches Marlone's fight intently and congratulates him once again.

"Okay you're really strong, I feel like I'm seeing a legendary magic swordsman ahaha" said Rachel

"Magic swordsman?" Is it a class? Marlone said as he wiped the blood from his saber.

"Yes, a very rare class that allows you to control all the elements as a swordsman, maybe you will become one in this case. " She says.

“I hope so too, it will increase my strength dozens of times. »

"Put all the monster bodies in your space ring, I'm giving them to you, I'm not interested" Rachel said with a small smile trying to charm Marlone.

" THANKS. Rachel, that's very sweet. Said Marlone

Then the two got back in the car and the usual routine of the trip continued.

On our journey, we pass by picturesque villages and green fields, where farmers work hard to grow their crops. We also meet travelers and other merchants, who give us advice on the routes to take and the dangers to avoid.

However, our journey is far from easy. We face violent thunderstorms, muddy roads and freezing temperatures at night.

We often have to light a campfire to keep warm and cook food.

Merchant Marco is grateful for these little touches, but I know he's in a hurry to get to Pecees.

Finally, after several days of travel, we see the walls of the city of Pecees on the horizon.

I feel the relief on Merchant Marco's shoulders as we approach our destination.

We enter the city through the main gate, where we are greeted by the sounds and smells of the bustling city.

1