Act 2. Intermission Chapter
117 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra

As Andrew is having the most shameful moment of his life, let's look somewhere else. 

Have you ever thought, about how similar are houses of bachelor and divorcee are? You would be right if you say that in the first case its lacks of women's touch in some areas. But what about differences? And what if we look at the question more philosophically?

House of Bachelors is an embodiment of chaos. Usually, everything is a mess. Some places are just a dumpster. But if we look closer there is still some ephemeral logic in the position of all things inside. Chair hidden under closes which hangs on him, the mystery of the lost second sock ( which could be found in most unexpected places), never ever used iron, a gigantic pack of napkins near the PC and bed ( really rarely used to wipe runny nose ), stacks of empty boxes from pizza... One and only bathtowel is used for every part of the body. Biggest stash of cup noodles in kitchen and etc. Well, most of you know what I'm talking about.

 Even in the most horrible examples, their housings are brimming with life.

Unlike the house of an ex-husband. It could be squeaky clean but... If any word comes to mind after visiting such a house it will be one such as "decay", "stagnation", or "ruin". 

Just like Brian's. His house now is just an empty shell of what it was once.

The big white house is now surrounded by an unkempt lawn. A massive shoe-rack with several pairs of shoes looks almost empty. Windowsills became cemeteries, with graves of withered flowers in colorful pots. Dust reigns supreme everywhere. Bathroom with many empty shelves and a myriad of towels. Kitchen with untouched utensils, and bottles of strong alcohol standing here and there. 

Brian, owner of the house is now sitting on the chair in the only room which still keeps signs of life - his parlor. Before him is a lavishly decorated table with exquisite food and expensive wine. Half lit magic circle is drawn in the middle of the room.

Brian's eyes are vacant right now. In his mind, for who knows which time, is being replayed memories of his previous life. Life with her. 

In some moments, he sees how they met. In other, he remembers their talks about their previous mortal lives. Their first date, the first night. Then, in his memories appears their new neighbor, a geeky but energetic woman. He remembers how they became acquaintances, how she became her friend. How many times have their parties ended in a mess. He recalls how two adult women squealed like little girls, watching anime on TV. Then, he remembers how it all ended. Unlocked front door, clothes thrown off in the corridor. His surprise, when he saw bra and panties among them. He comes into the bedroom. Their bedroom! His shock, when he saw them both, in bed, connected to each other with a big black plastic thing. He will never forget his feeling of disgust when Otaku offered to join them, or when Ellen begged him to forgive her. In the end, he couldn't understand, what he expected from a mere clone.

"Heh. Ha. Ahahaha. Ugh..."

His laugh was interrupted by a new wave of pain. Not mental, but physical scorching pain, inflicted to him by an uninvited guest,  whom he hates with all his being. 

"Otaakuuu!!"

"What? Has your mind finally cleared? Then answer me, what have you done this time" she says, while pulling out a syringe from his vein. 

"I... have nothing... to tell you..." 

He would gladly punch her in the face, but it is impossible to do with his hands tied to the chair

*slap*

"Bullshit. I will never believe that it's just a coincidence, that I can't see him in MY world. Especially, after he was in the company of such a small-minded man. And that man is you, Brian."

"Ha-ptoey " Brian finds nothing better than to spit at her as an answer.

Otaku takes a deep breath, wipes her face with the sleeve of her hoodie, and then pulls out a half-liter plastic bottle from her backpack, which was lying nearby.

"Brian, Brian, Brian... In such moments, I'm glad that I was born as an angel." she opens the bottle " And you know, what we angels will never lack ? Dind-ding, right answer . It's holy water . " with such words, she pours what was inside the bottle over his head.

"Urrrggguaahhhh!!!"

Along with his screams room is filled with sizzling sounds. Reacting to water, the skin of his face is covered with blisters and part of his hair peeled off. Then stumps of his once majestic horns light up and regeneration kicks in.

"Heeh, they still work,  even after I broke your horns so long ago. It is such a mystery, that such a scum like you is gifted with such strong ability. But I'm glad, it means that I can interrogate you with no holds barred."

"Me? Scum? Look who is talking. It's you, you who destroyed my life, my marriage. You have stolen my Ellen !"

*slap*

"Yuck..." Otaku shakes her hand because bits of Brian's skin is stuck to her palm. "You now have no right to call Ripley by her name, after what you have done. Should I remind you, why exactly I broke your horns? "

After her words, Brian's expression changes

"I tried to fix her..."

"Fix ?" *smack* "Her ?" *smack* " You, fucker, kidnapped her, cut up her stomach, pulled out her intestines, and almost fried up her brain with electroshock " *smack* "Stop kidding me. And what did you try to fix? Her, or your marriage? "

After a pause demon looks at his tied legs and answers

"Both" 

Otaku pulled Brian's head by his hair, then grabbed his cheeks to look into his eyes with a cold smile. 

"Nice joke. Just like your "love" or your "marriage". The only one, who should be fixed is you. Do you want to know why? No? But I'll tell you anyway. For you, Ripley was just an accessory. An attribute of a successful attorney. You thought that people around you would see a demon with a wife as a good man, nothing more than that. You did give her "relationships" but didn't give her the "warmth" that she sought so much. You did give her a "house" but couldn't give her a "home". For you, love equals to possession, and marriage is a sign of ownership. Ripley wanted something else and found it by being with me."

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!!!"

"Sure, just tell me what have you done. Why Andrew is disconnected from me ?"

"Fuck. You."

Otaku lets go of his head with exhaling and pulls another bottle from her backpack. 

"You are so stupid Brian, uh-huh, not smart. You should understand that I don't care about your attempts to make my life harder or about Andrew, for me, he is just a tool. Buuuut. I have already got many subscribers which paid really big money to follow his life in my world. And I can't disappoint them. So, be a good boy, because otherwise, I will make you feel bad. Really, really bad. " 

Otaku takes the previously used syringe and fills it with holy water from a plastic bottle, then shows it to Brian. Imagining what will happen to him next, his face pales.

"I'm counting to three and then ... "

Her words are interrupted by bright lights coming from a magic circle inside the room. It glows for twenty seconds then dies out.

"Uahahaha. It's too late Otaku, I have won. Soon, very soon you can forget about your crazy world. In some ways, we are similar, bitch. For me, just like for you, that mortal is a tool. No, he is a vessel from which it all starts. He is my "Prometheus"."

"What does it mean ?"

"Oh, my bitchy angel doesn't understand? Ask your slut at ho..."

Without waiting for the end of his speech, Otaku stabs his neck with a syringe and injects holy water into his bloodstream.

While Brian howls like a wolf put on fire, she pulls out a satellite phone from a backpack and makes a call.

"Hai, hai, Otaku-sama! Any good news for me ?"

"No, I need your help ."

"Moou, I can't hear you with these screams. What's going on there? 

" Wait a minute. Pi piru piru piru piii "

In her hand appears a spiked club with which she blows Brian's head off. Finally, he met his end.

"As I was saying, I need your help. "

"Suuure, but you know that I don't work for free "

"What do you want ?"

"Naruto. New season ."

"Impossible, that story has come to the end"

"Then bye-bye"

"Wait! Give me a minute, stay on the line "

Otaku puts his call on hold and makes another one.

"Yes, my goddess "

"Kishimoto, I need a new season about ninjas"

"Please, no. Goddess, this series existed for too long. At most, we can make a new film ."

"Shush , "Sazae-san" has 7700+ episodes and still goes on. Be like Shaya , just do it ."

"Touche , well maybe I can create something about their children ?"

"That is better than nothing. You know that I'm tired of Naruto too . Naruto-shmaruto , boooring. Oh, let this shit be named Boruto.

"Okay, my goddess."

"And fillers, the more the better "

"Fillers? I'm on it "

"Love you, bye"

She ends the call, takes a couple of breaths, then continues the first call.

"There will be a new story, mainly about their children. Good ?"

"Muuuuu , fine. But then I send a batch of clones? They are not adjusted yet. Deal?

"Deal. I will send the coordinates in an SMS later. "

"Okay, will be waiting. Bye"

Call ends. Otaku sees a bottle of wine on the table, uncorks it with her teeth, and drinks directly from the bottle. After a few big gulps, she says.

"It's damn hard to be a deity"

2