Chapter 1 – My death and the girl’s story
606 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"BOOM!!!"

A car crashed into the car in front of it, causing a fire from the collision. Both drivers were killed. The driver who was struck was a middle aged woman in her early 30s, wearing a business suit with a name tag saying "Rose". That woman was me.

I, who was a businesswoman working in a distinguished company, was driving home from work. Growing up as an orphan, I did not have a normal family life. I have no parents to love and care for me, but the social workers at the orphanage raised other children and me up while trying to find us a suitable home.

Despite their efforts, we were not all adopted; I was one of them. Hence, I grew up in the orphanage and became a stoic and adaptable woman to her surroundings.

To repay the orphanage and the social workers, I worked hard to get a good-paying job to support myself and the orphanage and became a volunteer myself.

I had just scheduled a visit to the orphanage the next day before the collision occurred. As I felt my breath slowly slipping away, I thought solemnly to myself, "Is this the end? To think, I would die before I could repay or visit the orphanage. Luckily I was far-sighted to save up enough money for the orphanage to get by for some period of time if I died in an accident or of old age."

My consciousness went dark as I took my last breath. I soon felt myself floating aimlessly in the sea of dark, knowing I had already passed on. Before I could comprehend where I am, a soft feminine voice resounded around me.


Grey - the color that surrounds her world. Violence and hunger - that has been the life story of a nameless girl. For 15 years, she had endured under the abuse of her family. Her family, with two adults and three children, was poor. They had lived with the meager amount earned through begging and scavenged food.

The girl, the youngest daughter of the family, had been the target of her parents’ frustration and was abused regularly. She would be beaten to near-death daily or would have only a few scraps of food to eat. She was weak and would barely survive; she had to sneak out at night to steal food to eat. Her two older siblings, only one to two years older than her, were powerless to help her and acted like a bystander.

They, who did nothing to help the girl, abused and berated her just to get onto the good side of their parents. 15 years have passed, she had managed to survive their abuse but like a chain attached to her, and she could not escape. Because she was malnourished, the girl had grown to look like a 12 years-old kid.

Four days ago, a slave trader came to the family and offered a large sum of money for a kid in the family. With that much money, they could be well off for several years. The parents readily agreed and sold her into slavery. She thought she was finally free from her parents, but she was wrong. She was treated worse than before and placed in a cage with other slaves as a product to be sold.

Four days later, the girl’s body gave in to the abuse and died while she was getting whipped. That girl was me. For years, I have endured their abuse just to earn their love and gain their acceptance. I hate my parents for their treatment towards me but how can I hate my siblings since they are also a victim of them? If they had helped me, they would have also been the target of abuse. I regretted for not being able to escape, for believing that one day my parents will accept me.

I… I do not wish to bore you with the ‘minor’ details of what they had done. If you ever wish to know, you can look through the memories I have left behind. I cannot give you anything else other than my body and the new life.

Just as my spirit started to dissipate, I noticed your spirit lingering around. Hence, using the very spirit energy I have, I brought you here into my body. I know it was selfish of me to give you my body when you could have gotten a new life. But, I only ask for you to hear my wishes before my energy runs out.

I only hope you will do two things for me. The first thing is that gives me a fair justice. I will let you decide what 'justice' means for you but all I wish is for my parents and siblings to get what they deserved.

The last thing I wish for you to do, on my behalf, changes my fate. It seemed as though I was born to have an abused life and was even sold to slavery. Hence, escape from this fate and lead on behalf of me.

Even though I will not be here anymore, I wish you the best of luck.


The voice seemed to have told me her story and her final wishes. While listening, I notoced not only did she told her life story in an expressionless voice, she also seemed to have concealed what had mostly happened as if it was painful to remember. As she drew closer to saying her wishes, I felt her tone changed as she spoke in a voice filled with anger and loath.

Soon after the story ended, the voice slowly faded away, leaving me alone. I was left speechless at the situation I was facing. Before I can come to terms and analyze what was told to me, I felt a strong suction and pulled back. Soon, the feeling of pain covered my whole body.

 

Editors: The Yandere Darkling, Dark Nekoi

Sorry for the long wait! There are a few things I need to edit for this chapter but this is 98% done! I'll will edit the description once I thought of a better one.

This story was meant for the SSSC V but I decided to turn it into a series. Hope you enjoy.

 

Announcement
UPDATE: I have fully finished updating this chapter
6