Chapter 21, World O.P.A.
87 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 21, World O.P.A.

Tokyo, Watanabe’s Building.

Bam.

The young man landed hard on the mattresses, breathing hard as he immediately got up to pursue the spare. He used his forearms as an X, blocking a down-kick from his opponent. The woman, more adept to fighting than him, never slowed down in her series of attacks. Not that Takashi would have let her do it. He knew his principal weakness was in close quarters fights. His training regimen included two daily hours of fights, with Kaze and Sei, one after the other then at the same time. Sometime he would train with Kato, bare hands against swords. The black long haired young man upped his game lately, as he was now able to fight with two swords at the same time.

For the rest of the team, Kurono chose to train bare hands, like their leader, while the girls simply used it at a last defense, being more adept with weapons. Takashi still insisted they worked on it, nobody knew what could happen during a mission. They all needed to be able to keep their ground by themselves.

Blocking a punch to his ribs and a strike to his neck, Takashi grabbed Sei’s arm, twisting around it to throw her above his shoulder. It was a mistake, as she pushed her left leg between his, grabbing his right leg between her tights. Against this, Takashi used his free leg to jump, placing her under him to break his fall, a move that would hurt her without the mattresses they were using. Sei let him put her down, but swiftly rolled around placing him face first on the floor. Twisting his arm, she put him in a block, ending the fight.

While she stood up after releasing him, she noticed a strange noise from Takashi’s phone. It must have been important as the young man rushed to it.

The phone was one of a serie he gave them. Way in advance compared to the normal ones people had. No keys, just a screen. It had all old phone’s functions and added some. They now had a dedicated chat group they could use either in video, vocal or text messages. Privates groups could be added, as the first one to exist was between Reika and the leader. The followings were created by Kishimoto and Kurono, then Anzu for her and Kato.

Looking around, she could see that Horndog and Bunnygirl as Takashi let their call name in place, weren’t there today. Kurono having called ahead of time to inform the team his brother was in the hospital. Apparently they didn’t know yet what he was suffering from.

Takashi was reading intensely on the phone, his eyes moving rapidly. It wasn’t the first time Sei eared that tone from his phone. It started shortly after the first mission. Since then, Takashi kept whatever it was for himself, making her intrigued. As her curiosity level reached a new high, Sei finally asked him.

What are you working on that have you so focused?”

It’s my takeover progression from the old gantz system.”

Takeover?”

Yes, I had to implant a series of codes to prevent the guys running it until now to interfere, but without keeping their intel from coming in. Plus, every time one of the others gantz’ team were ready, I transferred there to talk to them. Explaining my plans and what I could give them.”

How many times did you do it exactly? And when, we saw you here everyday.”

Mostly when I’m alone in my computer room, and also when the group turn in for the night. Sometimes I wouldn’t need to go there physically and a simple holographic projection would suffice.”

How many did you convince?”

Japan is complete, even if Osaka would not be considered a friendly place for us, their new members would still cooperate with us. The two other teams agreed easily. I won most of Asia’s countries but still need to contact some Chineses’ teams, they are more numerous than us and not all regions react the same way.

The southern half of Africa is in, so are south and central America. Canada was one of the first to agree, no problems with them, but I won’t ever try to toast with them against, they poured me some kind of alcohol cocktail mixed up with maple syrup. They didn’t take it hard and laughed when they saw my face. US only wanted the boosts and that we follow them. No progress there.

India and it’s neighbors were more difficult, most were happy with not dying and the technological boost, but wanted to by autonomous. Same with the Arabic peninsula. Russia and some of the eastern countries were straightforwards. I only had to pay them.”

Pay?” Said Reika, who came to see him and was listening on his explanation after she finished her own training session.

Yep, easiest agreement I had. Don’t worry, we have deep pockets.”

What about Europe?” Asked Sei.

Negotiations are progressing, some easiest than others. UK has some internal problems, but as long as I don’t poke the “who’s the UK’s real leader’s nest” they don’t mind following me. Spain and Portugal didn’t give a dime about me leading after their updates. North Europe countries wand to follow me with some conditions regarding the implantation of facilities to help them train. I was able to get an agreement when Sweden agreed to help by vacating one of their navy’s base. This guys have some of the best underground submarines bases ever for their navy. The kind of stuff that would make it in spy movies blockbusters. I felt myself like Ernst Blofeld in a Bond movie when Switzerland did the same. A whole mountain with multiples exits. Never felt myself more close to buying a white fluffy cat and a black leather couch.” Takashi said, making the group laugh and putting a huge smile on Kaze, a huge win knowing him.

Eastern Europe is quietly and slowly joining me.”

What about Italy, Germany and France?” Asked Kato.

Italy didn’t want to join. I contacted Germany a little over three weeks ago and they finally responded two days ago, they were busy with Oktoberfest. The leader didn’t want to discuss anything without being sober. France just responded today, the Paris’ team leader having just convinced the squad. I explained what I could do for them, including showing them that gantz wanted to send them in mission when night would fall for them tomorrow night.”

A mission?” Asked Reika.

Yes, the system is about to require them to fight next to the Eiffel Tower, so the leader didn’t want to take any chance. I was able to rent a building in Paris’ suburb were they will be able to train with their new gear. So now the question is who want to come to Paris with me?”

4