Chapter 4 – A Dream
192 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And she failed.

Eleonora screamed in despair, a silent scream.

She couldn't do anything.

She didn't want to wait any longer.

She wanted to act! She had fought many enemies, but now she couldn't even shake off the snow?

Eleonora felt useless.

Eleonora remembered the days when her human body allowed her to move freely.

She knew trying to transform was useless, but was there another option?

500 years passed... she no longer counted time. She was tired of telling herself that everything would change, but everything remained the same.

Eleonora was angry.

Very angry.

This was her fault, but still, a part of her couldn't help but think:

What if she hadn't broken the contract?

What if she had simply... retained control of her candidate's body until they changed their mind?

Part of her knew it was wrong, but her other thoughts were overpowering her.

If she had absolute control... it wouldn't have ended like this.

That was a thought that repeated itself, but she refused to accept it because...

Wasn't her purpose to fulfill the wishes of her candidates?

Something inside Eleonora was changing.

And as the days, months, and years passed... a desire was forged within her.

She would never repeat such a situation again.

Amidst all the accumulated fatigue, Eleonora entered a deep sleep for the first time while a part of her remained alert in case a candidate approached.

Among all the abilities she had tried, there was one that worked.

Telepathy.

Unfortunately, no matter how much she communicated with the animals, they were unable to follow her instructions.

They were too foolish.

◇◆◇

As she opened her eyes, Eleonora heard Eirlys speaking.

She didn't quite understand what she was saying, but Eirlys was kneeling as she listened while nodding.

Turning around, she faced a table with floating food that her other sisters were eating carelessly.

After blinking several times, Eleonora was seated near the stairs leading to her sanctuary.

Someone was beside her, but their face was blurry.

Yet, there were a few words she heard somewhat clearly.

"Yes! If you concentrate your energy while closing your eyes, instead of doing our typical boring meditation, you have to focus and feel that energy transform into... something you like. Do you understand, sister? You have to try!"

Sister?

Eleonora suddenly felt herself regaining consciousness as she gradually lost the memory of everything that had happened seconds ago.

It was there that she once again felt the cold that had not existed a few seconds before.

It was unpleasant.

Eleonora, noticing how the memories of those events were erased from her mind, tried to make sense of them.

But it was futile.

Nothing made sense!

Why was the food floating?

And... upon analyzing what each of her sisters was doing while eating, definitely, that was not how they behaved!

Those girls who appeared in her memory seemed insane as they tossed food into their mouths.

It was strange.

No matter how much she tried to make sense of the dream, the more she searched, nothing added up.

Everything had been so quick.

Those words spoken by one of her sisters still echoed in her head.

"Using magic... And... what was the other thing she said?" Eleonora wondered, seeking an answer.

Hello! I'll get right to the point. Since this story is one of the most liked of the ones I've posted, for this week only, it will receive 2 consecutive updates (This Saturday and Sunday).

From the rest this novel will be updated..... Every Friday!

See you in another update.

9