[S1] Ch54: Castle trip #20
96 5 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The black sludge disintegrated. The black sludge deformed. The black sludge started falling. It rained black liquid. The street was painted with sitcky black paint. Everything. I was painted as well. I was covered with it. They were really uncomfortable with how slimy it is. Though, I guess it also feels nice somehow as it's a bit warm. I felt like I was getting bathed with hot water mixed with some weird unexplainable chemicals. Thankfully, nothing got through my eyes, or I would have gouged my own vision. I guess this is how it feels to swim in dirty mud. 

I let myself fall back to the ground. I was laying down. I am staring at the sky. The sky wasn't dark anymore. The sky was getting red and redder. It was so bright, but I didn't mind. It seems like it will get darker and darker. The sunset looked nice. The sky looked like the sky I wanted it to be. The sky looks like a sky that I prefer it to be. It looks like how a normal sky should have always been. 

Beautiful. Very beautiful. The normalness of the sunset everyone could see everyday makes it beautiful enough. Normal is beautiful. I am normal, so I am beautiful. The orange clouds felt nice. I'm tired. It somehow makes me comfortable. It somehow eases my mind. It somehow empties my mind. There are clouds. There is also the sun. Why do I feel like there's something missing? Oh right, there are no birds flying around. It would've been a perfect view with them. Very sad, very sadly. 

I think I'm being pretty dramatic here. I don't know the cause as to why. I hope no one will judge me. I hope no one will mind me. I hope no one will think about me at all. I'm kinda shy to other people, afterall. I'm a normally perfect being, born to be perfect more than anyone. A very good and behaved child, who doesn't like annoying strangers. Who erases bad people. Who erases the annoying ones. Well, I just want to not think about anyone thinking me for now, because I want. What I want is what I want. Am I talking too much? I'm not talking though. This is called my useless inner monologue. The world within me. The world within my mind. The world within my dream. 

"Hah..." I let out a weak and small sigh. I sighed because I couldn't stop it. I sighed because I wanted to do so. I don't need any deep reason to do a simple sigh. Well, sigh is the act of sighing, because I sighed so is the sighing. 

While I was enjoying the smell of the sunset, something blocked the view. That something was someone. The someone I meant was a bit familiar. Someone I haven't seen for a while. The someone was handsome, which is true since I rarely compliment someone else. It was a guy. He has blue hair and blue eyes. He's wearing some very white cloth that looks like it was newly washed clean and toughroly that is covering him. He's also wearing a gold crown on his head. He has some ornaments around him. He was smiling, smiling weirdly. "... Who?" I asked. 

"Eh? Did you just forget this great great uncle of yours, Epheus? That makes me really really really sad." He said. Epheus said. He looked like he's pretending to be sad. His expression looks so fake. His expression looks so plastic. For some unknown reason, I wanted to burn that face of his. I guess, I'm just tired right now. "Well, I've been observing my cute niece for a while. You're having a splendid progress. Though, you're going too fast which was, to be honest, ended up really disappointing. Still, don't be disheartened! This is just actually my way of complimenting someone I care for."

I listened to what he was saying. I didn't bother myself replying since I don't have anything to say. I just stayed still, laying down while waiting for him to move away so that I can enjoy the sun again. Seems like he understood what I was thinking as he did moved away for a bit. Now, I can enjoy this imaginary sun again. Epheus then continued talking.

"Ahem, let me introduce my one and true identy. I am non other than, the Vainglory. My existence is the same as you. While you are the Gluttony, I am normally known as the Pride, one of this world's Seven deadly sins. Did you know that I'm not actually the king of this country? That's right, why would I even destroy my own city if I was the king? In truth, I am just possessing this body as the true one is already dead. I pretended to be the ruler in order to accomplish my plans! Just like what Linel did to you." He said. "My plan is to reign over the world. This era has been nothing but peace. The world shall know the existence of us sins once again." 

"..." I stayed silent. Still, I was listening at least. Basically, he's a god who's one of the so called seven deadly sins like me, right? Man, my dream world sure is getting more and more complicated. 

"This stone will be the key to help me succeed in taking over the world." Epheus said. Then, something glowed on his hands. Something appeared on his hands. It was a large piece of jade that is about the size of a ball. "This is a fragment of the Lunox core, Lunox of nature. This is the core of the seven nations which protects them from from disasters. I will travel each nations and once I combine all of the Lunox stones, I will have the power to make dreams come to reality!"

"... To make dreams come to reality?" I asked. I was a bit curious.

"Heh, do you perhaps have a dream that you'd like to come true?" He asked.

"... Nope. I mean, I prefer my dreams to be just a dream. My dreams becoming reality is scary. That's why I want to have dreams, to escape from reality. The purpose of imagining is to imagine impossibly unrealistic things. Living in reality is difficult, but you don't want the reality to feel like a dream, do you? Just like this world." I replied. I then added with a tired voice. "Do you know why I refer father as papa? I do so to remind myself that I'm still five years old. Do you know why I refer father as father in my inner monologues? I do so to remind myself that I'm mentally older. I kept telling myself that I'm an alien this, I'm an alien that. I know this world is different from mine. I already know this isn't a dream, I would be a retard to believe so. Still, I prefer to think this as a dream, it makes me more confident. I could do things I couldn't have the courage to this way. To do anything I want. To do anything I could."

"I see. So you see things as merely, confusing. You don't know whether you want to dream, or to try becoming a better person." Epheus replied. "Still, you should join me in my conquest. This world, Alestera, shall feel the horrors of us sins again like we were in our prime. Oh right, you're not the original Gluttony, so it will be natural for you to haven't witness our true terror." 

Epheus then started levitating upwards. He's flying. Then, I heard a loud sound. I slowly stood up. I looked back. I saw the parts of the collapsed castle levitating as well. Seconds later, the castle combined itself again. It fixed itself. It was in a state as if it's newly built. It was as if the time was rewinded. I was flabbergasted. Suddenly, the castle floated, or rather, it stood up. The castle has legs that looks like that of a spider, but metal. It was so large, it was impossible to not see. All I could say is that, it's a walking castle.

"Take your time, your still nothing but a young soul. This world has its own danger, and I am one of them. I'll be heading out to convince that Not So Angry All The Time big brother of yours, and the other's as well. Also, if you happen to meet someone introducing himself as the Greed in the future, don't trust him. Judging you, you'll be having a hard time escaping that bastard's cunningness for sure."

Epheus flew towards the castle. He landed on top of a roof from its first floor. The castle walked towards me. I was below it. It just passed through me. It was enormous machine. 

Suddenly, the ground shook again. It made me dizzy. I then saw something rising up in front, behind, left, and right. It was gigantic golem's, many of them around me. They were about like, more than ten.

"When you find me, you'll be able to find me. Let's meet again." Epheus shouted. The golem's are following the castle. They were all heading to the same direction. They were starting to get farther. I watched. I looked around. It was such a mess.

Hello guys, I just want to tell that I greatly appreciate comments. Having a notification makes me squee. Well, next chapter will be the end of S1. Not a literal "ending", just end of S1 so after that will be S2.

5