[S1] Ch55: Castle trip #21
102 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I saw father nearby. He's also covered with the black slimy liquid. He's just there. I slowly walked towards him. He smiled. Even though he's face is blocked by the black liquid, father's smile was bright. He then said. "Seems like we'll need to take a long deep bath after this." He patted my head. It was dirty, but it was fine since I'm also dirty. 

"How about you lick this mud on me, papa? I can get clean with that." I said.

"Haha." He chuckled. "No." He added. After that, I heard a noise. I turned my head to the back. I saw a white smoke. There's a familiar and obvious shadow behind the smoke. The smoke vanishes, there's a figure. It was a small black cat. 

"I—is it finally finished?" Ethan asked. He looked around. He then added. "Wow, what in the world is this disaster?" 

"A gigantic golem attacked us." I said.

"Oh, where is it now?" Ethan asked. He's looking around cautiously. 

"It's was destroyed." I replied.

"What?" Ethan asked.

"I ate it." I answered.

"What do you mean by ate it? I don't quite get it." Ethan said.

"Well, whatever. I don't have the energy to explain. And I don't want to bother myself explaining." I said. 

"Wait, where is that damn golem that was with you guys!? I'll disintegrate that piece of junk for killing me and making my life six!" Ethan said angrily. 

"You mean Aljur? I ate him already." I said.

"Again, what do you mean by ate? Don't joke with me, little girl." Ethan said.

"Basically, the gigantic golem destroyed him." Father said.

"Really? Hah! Now that's the answer I was looking for! Good for him or else I would've wasted my time in enjoying him suffer with my wrath!" Ethan shouted with a smug. "By the way, did you guys marinated yourselves on some gasoline?" 

We ignored him. We walked around the town. While we're walking, we saw someone. It was a little girl, wearing a white dress that looks like a saint's. She was holding a bouquet of green flowers. 

"Hello. I have brought some flowers." Ida said.

"Hey, it's Ida. Well, hi." I greeted. Ida then handed the flowers over to me. I accepted it. The flowers were very familiar. The scent is something I normally use. 

"It smells like the magical stones that we use as a soap." I murmured. My nose are close to the flowers.

"Isn't that Soapweed Yukka?" Father asked. 

"Soapweed Yukka?" I asked.

"That's right. See that white stone in the middle?" Father said while pointing at the white transparent stones in the middle of every flowers. He then added. "That's what normally is used to clean our bodies. It's texture is hard but soft to the skin. As the name suggests, the crushed roots of soapweed yucca produce a lather that makes a good soap or shampoo. The lathering substances called saponins are found in many plants, but are exceptionally concentrated in yucca roots.

"Oh, that's understandable. It's my first time hearing that." I said. I then asked. "Well, where did you get this?" 

"I—I picked it on the side of the streets." Ida replied.

"Well, good timing. We need to wash ourselves. Thanks." I said.

"Your welcome." Ida said. 

We then continued walking. We were going around. We were searching for a house that is still in a good state. We found one after a while. We headed inside. The sun goes down. It was night. We took a bath first. We were cleaned beautifully and nicely. There happened to be some food stack on the house, so father decided to cook. Even though it looked a bit plain at first, it tasted good at least. As expected of father. 

After eating, we decided to sleep. Ethan gets to sleep on a wooden box. We all headed to a single room with the box that Ethan was on. We all slept together in on room. We three slept together on a bed. Good night. May I close my eyes. May I be alone. 

[End of S1] 

6