[S2] Ch58: Covetous domain #2
89 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time has passed. We continued. The sun goes down. The sun hides behind the clouds. The sun was replaced by the moon. It was now night. The invisible clouds of the night were windy today. I mean, since it's night, then I guess it's tonight. 

We made a camp for the moment using the carriage. Father also made a bon fire using some wood on the ground and a rock and magic something. We were sitting down on the carriage with the doors opened. 

"Well, let me hunt for our dinner." Father said. He stood up as he took his bow. He puts an arrow to the bow. He pulls the string. He points the bow upwards. He lets the string go off his hands. The arrow flies to the air. I watched the arrow. I saw it hit something. I saw it hit a bird shaped shadow. The bird was kinda far, so that's all I could see. I then heard a crroookk soud or something like that. The bird falls. Father then said to himself as he pulled the bow back down. "Bulls eye." 

"Wow, papa is so good at the bow." I complimented while clapping my hands. 

"Naturally." He replied. He then looked at Ethan who was taking a nap on the roof of the carriage in his small form. "Well then, you can go fetch it now as usual, Ethan." 

"Huhhh!!?? What do you think of me, a mere dog playing catch!!??" Ethan shouted.

"If you won't get it right now then you won't be eating anything tonight." Father threatened.

"Hah! Do you think I don't know how to hunt for myself? I can hunt a hundred and I won't give you any!" Ethan bragged. 

"You can't cook now in that form though. Perhaps you want them raw?" Father asked switch a smug.

"Nya ... Fine!" Ethan said. He jumps back to the ground as he turns back to his huge form. He then started running towards the direction where the bird got hit of father's arrow and fell.

"Hurry it up! If it gets dirtied or stolen by the wolves, you won't be eating anything!" Father shouted and chuckled. I watched Ethan's figure slowly getting smaller as he goes farther. 

"He sure is playful, don't you think so?" Father talked.

"Yeah. He's a cat so he's literally a pet, even if he can speak out human language." 

"Haha, a pet?" 

"Why?" 

"It's nothing." 

"Oh well, whatever. By the way papa, where are we supposed to go?" I asked. We seriously have been like, travelling without me knowing where we are heading to. 

"To the forest of eternity." He replied. It was my first time hearing it. 

"Forest of eternity?" I asked. 

"It's called that because it is where the dungeon of eternity is located."

"Dungeon? You mean, those cool things with many many floors?" 

"That's right."

"What are we going to do at the forest of eternity?" 

"We're going to the dungeon of eternity." 

"And?" 

"There will be a trial for gods there that you should do as early as you can. You'll know it once we get there. It's a surprise." 

"Surprise, huh. Why is it called dungeon of eternity, anyway?" 

"Because it is where the redundancy of life started." 

"... Ok. I guess that just means that we're going to have fun." 

Moments later, Ethan came back with the bird. The bird was large. It kinda looked like an eagle. Or so, yeah, it's an eagle with special powers to shoot wind that can cut. Father cooked it using the bon fire. It got cooked. We ate. It was fine, I guess. It tasted like a bird that was smoked. Smoked birdy. Of course, we used some wooden utensils and a table that were stored inside the carriage. They can be easily cleaned with the usual magical stones and water magic so it isn't much of a problem.

At first, Ethan was complaining how father wanted to make him eat on the ground. So, we lended him a plate as well. Though, he can't hold a spoon and fork so he's still eating like a cat in the end. After a while, we finished. We were no about to sleep. 

"Ethan, can we sleep on you?" I asked. I'm holding Ida's hands. 

"... Don't tell me you two want to use me as a pillow?" He asked. He was laying down beside the carriage using his small form.

"Yeah." I replied.

"... Well, two little girls sleeping on me doesn't seem that bad. Suit yourselves, just don't move too much." He said. He turned back to his larger form. We both laid down. I stared at the sky.

"Look, there's so many clouds. Aren't they pretty?" I asked Ida. I am raising my hands, pointing at the thousands of stars that were glittering. I can still remember how it was so rare to see stars this many on earth before for a bit.

"... They are..." Ida replied.

"The stars reminds me of you, very hot." I said. I smiled a bit

"Hot?" She asked. She looked confused.

"Yeah. Did you know, those stars are just very very big circle of fire. They are actually like, very very far from here. They can just be visible here in our world because they are so hot that it makes them very very bright that their light reaches here. So yeah, a single one of those stars can burn almost anything it touches."

"... What?" Ida looked confused. We stared at each other for a moment with our eyes open. She then looked back at the sky. She then added. "... The stars also reminds me of big sis." 

"Why?" I asked. 

"They're a bright light, surrounded by darkness." She said. She looked at me. We stared at each other for a moment with our eyes open. She then added. "Good night." 

"... Good night." I replied. She closed her eyes. I closed my eyes as well. We both closed our eyes. Whilst I closed my eyes, I heard Ethan murmur something. "... I wonder what these two are talking about?" 

3