[S2] Ch63: Covetous domain #7
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Earlier, I took a bath. Yeah, as I am emphasising, I took a bath earlier. It felt really good to be clean and new. It really feels better if I smoked myself with bathwater. How refreshing. As of now, I'm wearing a normal white skirt instead of my usual costume I got from that moving castle with legs a few days ago. Interestingly, my costume didn't get wet even after swimming in an aquarium. Still, I kinda wanted to change so I asked for simple clothes and hung them for the meantime... Clothes are clothes so I don't care if it's just plain white. Also, it was basically for free since he said he already received payment that I don't remember. Well, whatever. He's a good guy.

"So, got anything you like?" Fred asked. He meant if I wanted to buy something from his mini market. There were many things like a typical powerful sword that has powerful abilities. A rose ring that can save you from death once. There was also that magical lamp. Oh, and a gold shaped fish that can be displayed at mansions too! Well, there are so many that I don't wanna mention them one by one. They're just, very magical items, yeah yeah.

"Can I have everything? Hehe." I replied with a smile. I know it sounds very unrealistic if we're thinking practically. Who in the world will give someone their everything unless they're dumb or they're forced to. However, if I don't think practically, then it will be very realistic.

"Haha, I'm sorry but no." He said. 

"I see. I don't have money though so I guess I'll just go out. I'm sorry too." I said, with a bit of disappointment written on my face. Though, it's not like I mind. I don't even care about this place nor the treasures he has. I won't die if I can't buy even one. So yeah, I don't really care... To be honest, I'm still kinda disappointed though.

"You can at least choose one from any of those. Remember when I told you that I did a prank on you as the price for the cake and such? The higher the value of something, the higher the price you should expect. I think you can get the point of it." He said. 

"Hoh, so that's how it is. Are you sure about it though? I'll make sure to get the best of the best among here. I'm kinda wasting my time in this so called domain of yours. So of course, I'll have to at least take something worth it...." I said. However, I suddenly realised the one that he was trying to say. "... Oh right, about the prank or something... Please be gentle to me. I really didn't like what you did, if I'm going to be honest... It was really filthy."

"Ahahaha. I'll make sure to keep that in mind. You're rather special to me, so I'll give a discount. Still, it depends." He said with a laugh. After that, I go around with him for the last time. I looked wisely. There were so many interesting things that I couldn't choose. They seemed like a waste if those are not my possession. Hehe. I'm being too greedy these days. I wonder why?! Ehehehe. Too funny. Now laugh. Where's the joke, eh? Perhaps, is this the true feeling of going to shopping where I can't buy everything I want? This is such a scam. Everything are so damn expensive that I feel like this Fred is cheating. Ah, whatever.

Anyways, back to the topic. I saw many things. That's right. I'm saying things again and again cause everything here are things. After a while, I finally decided to choose. It was either this or that. And I chose this. And the this was something that I thought would be very useful to me and for everyone and for my enemies as well. A very powerful item. 

"You can at least make a good decision, I guess. How unexpected. Well, a Domain core, hmm." Fred said. He was holding a thing called the Domain core. The Domain core is a sphere shape thingy that is glowing a bright colorful rainbow light. It's size is about the size of a small ball that can be thrown. It is about the size of a palm. However, despite it being small, the size inside of it is actually as big as a normal room, and it can even be expanded more as you upgrade it... Or so it's what he said, but I have never been inside of the so called room. 

Fred is the creator of this thing. You see, as the name suggests, it's a domain that only the owner has control. From what he described, this thing is like a portable tent where I can make my own house and make other people live inside of it without using real land in the real world. The difference between a tent and this Domain core is that you will be in a different dimension, like a world, but has a limited space. Though, as I have just said, it's still only the size of a room. I don't know how it works, but it's magic. Also, the time is slower inside the core. Well, it's interesting, isn't it? 

"Are you sure you want this? Perhaps, you'll regret it." He said. 

"I want it. I kinda want to use it as a place where I will live as well as store many foods there for travelling. Although there exists a storage bag already, it doesn't have that much space and it can't widen itself. Unless it's special. I don't wanna eat things from the road all the time. I want to have something stored for me and for my family.... So umm, why do you sound so not confident when you're the one who made this... Don't tell me it's a scam?" I asked with my eyes looking at him suspiciously and worriedly. 

"Of course not. What a good joke. My creations aren't comparable to things from the outside, and creating Domain cores is one of my best specialty. So, rest assured, scamming will only scare away my potential active costumers afterall." He said. 

"I'm starting to have doubts since it kinda sounds surreal, but I'll still take it with me as I am not shy of blessings. How about you show me some demonstration first? Likez free taste. You know, for validation purposes?" I replied. 

"I'm sorry, but I cannot demonstrate it with you here. You cannot make another domain while being since a domain after all. That will cause some malfunctioning to the core along with the user. Maybe later. All I can show for now is to make you consider it as the owner." He said. He then added as he showed me his left hand's palm. "Well then, what spells can you use?" 

"... Spells? As in, magic?" I asked to make sure.

"Indeed." He replied.

"... Fireball.... The spell I use the most is Fireball." I answered. 

"I see. Now, start chanting fire ball, and cancel it the moment I say so." He instructed me.

"Why again?" I asked. 

"Just do as I say so." 

"... Where am I going to aim?" I asked. 

"Anywhere. You're not supposed to complete the casting. Stay still." He replied. I then started chanting Fireball as he said so. I was aiming at the ground. I don't know why he's asking me to, but I just did it anyways. Suddenly, he shoved the core into my chest. The core magically goes through my chest. The core seemed to be inside my chest. I was startled. I stared at him. He smiled. 

"You can cancel chanting now." Fred said. I stopped. 

"... What was that for?" I muttered.

"I still haven't perfected the Domain cores. So, in order to place the core to your core, I need to have you open it. Also, I need another spell in order to rewrite it. You won't understand if I explained magic theories with you either way. So I won't say much. That's it and congratulations."

".... What am I supposed to do after this?" I asked. 

"Close your eyes." He answered. 

"... Is this going to be another one of your dumb pranks?" I asked tiringly. He didn't reply. He just smiled. It was weird. Seeing so, I decided to just do what he wanted me to do again and closed my eyes. 

2