Conversation
2.1k 6 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaaaa~~" Arthur released a long relaxed sigh as he submerged himself in the bathtub.

The foundation of all of his objectives has been neatly laid today itself, one even already accomplished.

He had successfully established an image of him in their minds, each different and dependent upon the individual. But in those diverse images, the common thing was that, he was a nonchalant otherworlder, who although was a little blunt, was reliable and reasonable enough to listen to others and also a bit caring in his own way.

The incident on the bus, has pushed Takashi away from him, coupled with no unique quality in him aside from a basic athletic physique, he'd be drowned in the ordinary, chances are that right now he was disconsolate over comparing himself with Hisashi.

Pushing him away from him was necessary since those who will be close to him are automatically special. This was just an obvious fact.

If this continues longer then he will drown himself at his lowest point.

And making sure that it doesn't become a shitty character development Arc is wholly dependent on both Kazu and Kohta. They are the ones who need to make sure that Takashi doesn't rise from his lowest point. They need to steal every opportunity from him to become better. They need to tell him that he is just an ordinary average person in this world and that the world will move as is, even without him.

And then finally, the last hit would be delivered by none other than...

'Whenever planning about Takashi, I feel like a low-grade villain.'

Anyway, Arthur removed his head from the water and sighed again as his expression melted into a pleasant smile, he wasn't wrong when he thought everything in this world was made for comfort.

Here, he could use unlimited water. He also didn't need to test the toxicity level of the water before touching it.

It was bliss, just relaxing in this mildly hot water which killed off the ever-so-slight stiffness in his muscles.

'I wish, she was here too...' He sighed as he reminisced about Luna.

"Phew." He got out of the bathtub, and after wiping himself off with a long white towel and wrapping it around his waist, he exited the bathroom.

Most of the group was already asleep, they were too tired, so, when their stomach filled, they fell asleep without much delay.

One thing he noticed was that the girls weren't as brazen as in the anime, maybe the presence of people downstairs compelled them to act modestly.

Now, he won't be able to see the legendary naked (almost) apron getup of Saeko nor a towel-wrapped Shizuka.

He was aware that he had a small crush on Saeko but it wasn't like he was aiming for her, nor was he a massive pervert but what kind of straight man denies a little eye candy.

He took a can of beer from the refrigerator and walked to the balcony.

Kohta was already there, observing the situation of the city through binoculars.

"Sup..." Arthur waved as he leaned on the balcony.

"Oh, a-ahem, Arthur! I was just looking at the city, it's really bad out there" Kohta smiled ruefully and passed the binoculars to him.

He waved it off and sipped from the can, "Ewegh!" He winced and spat it out, "Man! Never knew these tasted so foul."

It was part acting and part truth, well, alcohol can't affect his mind, but it doesn't mean it'll suddenly become palatable for a first-timer like him.

"Haha, I guess you don't know about the drink of our world, huh?" Kohta chuckled. "Let me fetch you some soft drinks. They're much better than these!"

Arthur turned back to see the night view of the city after he saw Kohta trot away. He smiled wryly as he watched outside.

A few moments later, he heard a faint set of footsteps entering the balcony, they were Saeko's.

A light blush covered her face when she saw Arthur's bare upper body but quickly composed herself and walked beside him.

"Can't sleep?" Arthur gave a nod.

"Mhm." She just hummed before taking a sip from a can of juice and joining him in watching the neighborhood.

A beat of silence ensued.

"Arthur... may I ask something?" She asked breaking the pleasant silence.

"... Go ahead." He replied, must be something about her 'personality', he thought still looking at the neighbourhood.

"Why... are you... smiling?"

He exhaled through his nose, "Amused, that's all...

She frowned, "Amused by the people's suffering?"

'She's misunderstanding it...'

"Amused by this world as a whole. And no, their struggle doesn't amuse me, I relate to them, my original world was quite similar to this, but still, the fact is, their struggles are meaningless." He corrected.

"They struggling to protect their selves..." Saeko retorted.

'Is she trying to find fault in me? Reasons to hate me?'

'But why...? Unless...'

"Yes, of course... but from what? Mindless undeads? Unless their numbers aren't too big they can't even break a closed 'wooden' door. Their panic is quite worthless. What's more sad, is their over-reliance on their government. In my world, even mana-less eight years olds would and did better than these." He snorted.

Seeing her complicated expression upon hearing his words, he sighed.

Arthur shrugged. "I know you don't get it. Perhaps, due to my previous words, I may appear absurd. But my reasons, my thinking, and even my common sense are quite different from you all. I'm not exactly from this world, you see." He chuckled lightly.

"I see..." She fell silent and smiled... his words... they seemed to have quenched her inner anxiety, a worry that she didn't want to think about but often wondered about.

She always wondered if anyone in this world would accept her real self. When she realized that Arthur knew her real self, she mused why was he treating her as if it was nothing, as if she was NORMAL... was he just treating her that way to not hurt her? But hearing his words now, it became clear to her.

He really didn't mind her real self... She might be just another girl for him. A normal girl just for him due to his twisted common sense.

Her smile wasn't diminishing. Since he wasn't looking at her, she didn't even bother to hide it.

Her unintended wild, crazy smile.

"Arthur, I got the drinks!" Kohta chimed in as he entered the balcony with two cola cans.

"Ah, nice." He took a can and sipped.

Saeko was back to her calm self, she gave a polite smile to Kohta and left.

"Busujima-senpai looked quite cheerful, what happened?" Kohta asked.

Arthur narrowed his eyes, 'Was she?'

— Next day- Morning 5:00 am—

Arthur didn't sleep all night, he went out for a few hours and extracted the Tesseract from the Aircraft after taking it out from this inventory. Currently, he was studying Hydra's heavy assault rifle, to reverse engineer it, in the living room.

The circuitry wasn't that complex, but the mechanism was sure quite intricate. Each tube, each joint, and each vent were perfectly placed and balanced to give the optimum output and durability... he was fascinated.

'Just how Zola even managed to mass produce them at such a backward time.'

'He was an absolute genius.'

That was a fact, the short scientist was able to harness the power of an infinity stone at such a backward time alone is enough to prove it. Not to mention, he was also able to engineer some pretty interesting brainwashing techniques and a kinda successful version of the super soldier serum.

Only comics what more feats he accomplished?

'Sigh... nukes, huh?' He leaned back and stared at the ceiling.

Another problem that he needed to deal with, no doubt, nukes were the second biggest threat to his mission.

His enhanced memory told him that the nuke that detonated in the stratosphere, causing an EMP blast throughout the city, will be launched on the evening of day five after Z-day.

This one wasn't the only nuke... no... every nuke that existed on this planet needed to be dealt with.

Call it paranoia, but without dealing with all the nukes in this world, he doesn't think his future shelter will last for long.

Although sticking close to the main character provided relatively better survival chances in this world, it also meant eventful (struggle-filled) days.

He can't have his future shelter get wrecked just because of a nuke event, can he?

Arthur came out of his thoughts when he heard footsteps and a cute yawn.

"*yawn* huh~ Arthur, what happened to Kohta-Kun?" Shizuka asked as she came downstairs with her disheveled hair and dizzy face.

Above, she was wearing black spaghetti straps, and below just violet panties that fully displayed her long exotic legs.

Her footsteps were slightly heavy due to drowsiness, and due to that, her breasts jiggled with her each step. It seemed she had just woken up.

The person she asked about, Kohta, was fibbing on the floor with a goofy grin and a drooling mouth while hugging the handle of a dismantled Tesseract Rifle.

"Nothing, he just had a massive orgasm while looking at the gun's parts and passed out, he'll wake up soon," Arthur replied as he dipped the power source of the ammo in a beaker filled with a crystal blue liquid.

"Fufu~ your humor is quite... strange..." She giggled a bit as she sat on the other corner of the couch.

"Huh? I'm not joking though." He looked at her with innocent eyes and tilted his head.

Shizuka's eyes widened, for a moment, they stared at each other, until they couldn't contain it any longer. The two of them devolved into gales of pure laughter.

When they finally calmed down, Shizuka wiped tears from her eyes and seemed to sober up, her gaze settling upon a mildly smiling Arthur who had resumed whatever he was doing.

"I thought... I'd never be able to laugh so freely when all of this began. I guess... it's because your presence doesn't let anxiety creep into my chest." She put her palm above her breasts and gently closed her eyes, "We all feel safe with you around, Arthur, thank you..."

He blushed slightly... 'This woman's a temptress.'

"Hmm, hey, in a few hours or so... I'll be leaving for the Offshore Airport, to contact your friend, Rika Minami, for some stuff, so... I wanted to know your opinion, who do you think should be the in charge and who do you trust the most?"

"Mmm...." She swayed her head left to right as her finger tapped her sensual lips.

"You should be the one in charge and you are the one I trust the most..." She spoke enthusiastically.

He smiled, "I'm leaving, remember?"

"Then Busujima-san...? Or perhaps, Ishi-kun... Saya-san?" She blinked.

'This day, had the perfect outcomes...' Arthur sighed.

"Anyway, I wanted a favor to ask from you," his eyes inadvertently fell on her melons peeking out from her black top.

==========================

Thanks for reading!

Do comment how you like the chapter! And can I get a review or two 🙃

Support me and read ahead on pa treon upto 5 advanced chapters!

There are more benefits than just advanced chaps there, the total benefits are :

1. Advanced chaps.

2. Choosing your favorite waifu as a harem member.

3. Hiring Omniversal Mercenary for a mission in the world of your choosing, obviously you get to choose harem member too.

4. The power behind your votes will have the power depending on your tier, which is obviously, much higher than the free readers on webnovel, scribbleHub or Royal Road.

https://www.pat reon.com/marveller

(remove the space)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/T3GN7nqKgS

 

91