The Stage was Stolen
1.3k 4 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Don Takagi, his wife, his subordinates, and other few who were struggling against the hoard of undeads needed support. They were too outnumbered. The more the time passed, the harder it became for them, as more and more undeads piled up. A few of the fighters had even join the ranks of the undeads...

The constantly firing guns and blowing grenades didn't seem to be working at all as the number of undeads only grew more and more! Most specifically, the sound released by them wasn't helping!

The support that Soichiro and his men needed was just behind them... but too afraid!

At such a moment, Takashi tore through the crowd and stood at the front, his back facing the masses.

It was as if the world was providing him with a stage, a stage for the main character to perform. The spotlight was only upon him as he stood there in silence for a few moments.

With a sigh, he parted his lips, "There is no way Don Takagi and his couple of men could win against that many undeads. Even if everyone here puts everything into it, it'd be still impossible, death or worse, turning into THEM is an outcome impossible to change now..." Takashi sighed.

He wasn't shouting out his words, but for whatever logic-defying reason everyone could hear or feel him, clear as day.

Takashi's intention wasn't to provide the most needed motivation and resolve to the people who needed it.

No...

He was just going to do what he thought he could and should do. His depressed mind just resigned to the circumstances and had accepted the worst outcome as is, that when the worse outcome was inevitable then why not bash a few heads off while dying...?

"When I have to die either way, then why not..."

Nonetheless, his words, for some reason seemed to be igniting a spark of resolution within the hearts of the people. It was like a program. Some kind of mechanism... that required some kind of trigger to initialize.

"Noo!" Kazu interrupted Takashi's 'words' as he shouted, "We're not gonna die!"

Kazu also wasn't fighting till now, he was with his mother. Looking out for her, giving her the solicitous company she needed in this horrifying scene even though he wanted to help Saya and Don Takagi! He couldn't just leave his terrified mother all alone, he had his duty as a son as well.

Duty as a son...

At that moment he realized.

'No this was wrong!'

Giving his mother a meager temporary comfort wasn't enough! If he really is the son of his mother then he should protect her with his life! If he really is the kind person that everyone says he is, that Arthur says he is, then he can't just be idle and stand as others struggled and died!

Kazu continued, no he shouted, he wanted everyone present to hear his heart, "It's true that they are not enough! It's true that fighting those undeads is extremely dangerous, disgusting even! It seems like murdering your own kind, I know! But call me a murderer, I don't care! To protect myself, my mother, my friends, to protect my loved ones... I can't stay idle! Takashi is right! Don Takagi and just a few of his people are nearly not enough to fight this many undeads, but maybe... just maybe... if there is a chance that my contribution helps them break through! Then I will cease that chance and survive! We will live! We can survive!!!!"

Miku also came beside him, "Kazu-Kun! I will fight too!"

This time, there was no trace of her usual bitchy attitude, she was serious. For some reason, she feared losing him. She wasn't a dense person, she had long realized that she had fallen for this boy. So, she'll help him and give her everything to not lose him!

The other students in Saya's team, along with their guardians also joined in, "Yes!!"

Kazu's mother, a beautiful black-haired woman in her early forties, who was too terrified to even move earlier, had also picked up a steel rod. "I will protect my son too!"

Kazu turned and pointed his spear toward the hoard of undeads, "We will fight to break though!! We will win!!!!!!!!!" He yelled as he charged toward the hoard.

At this moment... the grandiose stage the world had prepared for Takashi was completely and utterly stolen by this mob character that shouldn't have even been alive right now! The spark the world had forcefully ignited within the hearts of the people for the victory and survival of the main character against these severe odds was transformed into a burning inferno by that same mob character.

For every person present here, it'd be Kazu's speech that motivated them, not that of a 'random guy' who came in front and murmured something.

Everyone charged toward the undeads, to fight for their own survival! Be it the Shina and Shun, the newlywed couple, be it the Yoshiro and his family of bakers, be it Masae, the single mother with her toddler crying as he was tied on her back. Everyone yelled and swung their arms for their survival.

A shimmering hope glistened across Saya's face as she shot an undead's head with her revolver, she thanked Kazu in her mind for vanishing the hesitation and fear in people's hearts.

It was now 15000 undeads vs 300 humans.

Now, the odds may have become better but... not entirely favorable.

True the undeads were getting pushed back a bit, but their numbers still didn't seem to be decreasing at all. There was no end to these rotten bastards!

A man in his late twenties, named Itsuki Yamato, panted, 'How *haaf* many undeads *haah~* did I kill?'

He was tired. He had been fighting for who knows how much time... 'What a pain...'

He leaned on a wall, panting, catching his breath. 'That Don Takagi, just what's he made off? Does he ever get tired?'

He looked at Yuriko, 'I wish I had a girl like that... always covering for my back.'

He slumped on the road, his legs were giving up. An undead seemed to be approaching him, he gritted his teeth and tightened his grasp on his knife. 'fuck this bastard!'

*zHHOoooooooOoooM*

But the approaching undead disintegrated into thin air as an azure beam struck it. Between his panting breath, he muttered out a thank you to the fatso who saved him. 'Honestly, if this fatso, that optimistic guy, or that tanned chick wasn't here then our numbers would've been halved by now.'

He clutched his shirt as he gathered his strength to get up, 'I gotta help too! I need to kill at least five more undeads!'

He looked up, 'I soo wanna go back to that boring mundane routine! Tearing my eyes off from sleep and rushing to the office was so many times better than being in this situation!'

"Huh? What's that?" He tilted his head.

In the clear sky, he could spot a black dot, getting bigger each moment. Its shape seemed like that of a bird, true, but birds don't move like that nor with that insane speed!

"I-It's not a bird! It's a plane!!!" He yelled as his eyes lit up. Could it be... Has help finally arrived?

The engine of the jet-black aircraft roared as it descended.

"Huhโ€ฆ?"

More than a dozen persons donned in all-black combat suits jumped off from the hatch of the floating ship with ropes to support their descent. Their faces were protected by black helmets and on their backs, silver rifles, similar to the one which the fatso and that tanned woman had, were attached.

After landing on the ground, without any delay, as if they had rehearsed it countless times, they quickly spread into some kind of formation and crossed their hands in a weird way before chanting "HAIL HYDRA"

'Were they trying to imitate classic Kamen rider pose or something?' Itsuki mused.

An orange haired girl beside him, gritted her teeth but there was also a smirk on her face. "Those words... he said them when we were in the roof on that day. So, he's finally here, huh."

And then men in black started shooting the undeads, blue beams of super-hot plasma flickered about.

A few moments later a violet-haired woman also came down from the ship, this one had a sword, and she started slashing undeads with the same aggressive elegant style as the Don.

And then... That gigantic ship... as if it was never there in the sky, disappeared into nothingness, leaving only a single person up above to drop from that height.

And the person... That man! Without any parachute or any kind of support fell from the sky. That height was no less than a three-story house and after landing on the ground, without anything cushioning his fall, that person stood up and walked forward with a silver rifle in his hand and started blasting off the undeads like no tomorrow, as if he didn't just fall off from such an incredible height.

He was definitely not a normal person!

Itsuki rubbed his eyes, 'how was this even possible?'

Disappearing ships!? Superhumans!?

What the hell?!

Itsuki looked around to see others' reactions, some people had similarly surprised and astonished faces as him, while most didn't bother doubting the scene and were just relieved to see the help arrive.

Don's daughter had an annoying yet knowing smirk on her small and cute face, and that optimistic guy, whose words motivated Itsuki to fight on a while ago, too had a knowing grateful smile on his face. Did they know him? Itsuki wondered.

He smiled, 'Well, whatever... Looks like we'll live through the day!'

Itsuki's gaze fell on the tanned woman holding that strange overpowered blue beam emitting rifle, she was still shooting the undeads just like earlier although with a bit relieved face.

Then Itsuki then also gathered up his bearings, getting a bit hyped up, to kill five more undeads!

Arthur and hydra soldiers have also joined the fray, and have started to clear the undeads of the way.

He had to put Valkyrie back into his inventory as it was just bomber ship, there were no weapon built below it.

'Welp, another thing added into the modification list of Val...' Arthur thought as he blasted an undead that was too close to biting an old man.

After the undeads were pushed back a little, and the people were separated from the hoard. He took out all four tanks from his inventory, these military beasts were equipped with tesseract cannons, obviously stored in his inventory in his previous mission, they could disintegrate several targets in a single shot. Those beams were just too destructive!

Eight Hydra soldiers of the fourteen in total quickly moved into the tanks, two inside one, and then the march of the tanks began that trampled upon the rotten-moving dead.

The cannons on the top of the tanks weren't idle as well, the undeads at a distance were getting disintegrated by its plasma blasts.

The street in front of the Estate was sufficiently wide but was littered with too many 'unalive' undeads, a normal vehicle could no way wade through such a path but for a Tank... it was just a walk in the park.

Hydra's Tanks moved forward, trampling and crushing the undeads in their wake.

Thanks for reading!

Predictable? You fault for predicting.

1900 words!

And thanks Rokatsa for joining the ranks of my precious patrons!!!!!๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Support me and read ahead on pa treon upto 5 advanced chapters! There are more benefits than just advanced chaps there, the total benefits are :

1. Advanced chaps.

2. Choosing your favorite waifu as a harem member.

3. Hiring Omniversal Mercenary for a mission in the world of your choosing, obviously you get to choose harem member too.

4. The power behind your votes will have the power depending on your tier, which is obviously, much higher than the free readers on webnovel, scribbleHub or Royal Road.

https://www.pat reon.com/marveller

(remove the space)

Oh, I now have a ko fi as well! You can sub there too if you wanna read ahead.

Ko-fi Link: Ko-fi.com/marveller

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/T3GN7nqKgS

59