Ryoma’s Story
467 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

About four years ago, Ryoma used to be a human. In those days of yore, Ryoma was a servant at the illustrious mansion of the daimyo (feudal lord), Ryuchi Tsubasa.

He had dedicated his services to the lord since the very day of his birth, a tradition that had been passed down through generations of his family.

Despite his station in life, Ryoma was content with his lot, relishing in the tranquility of his humble existence. He executed his duties with unwavering diligence, meticulousness, and assiduity, never faltering even in the most minor of tasks. As a testament to his exemplary work ethic, Ryoma was repeatedly promoted throughout his tenure at the Tsubasa mansion.

His life took a turn when the daughter of the lord came of marriageable age and her groom-to-be came to give a visit at the mansion. That day, Ryoma was assigned as the young lady's personal servant's assistant, a great feat among the servants.

That day, he fell for one of the maids that came from the groom's side, Sei Ochika was her name. Beautiful black hair, big round eyes, cherry full lips, and an adorable shy personality, she was just the girl for Ryoma. He felt like he'd die for her, that much how he was infatuated with the girl.

He wasn't exactly like a son to Lord Tsubasa but he was close to him, he could be even called one of the favorites of Lord Tsubasa. He had never asked for anything from his Lord Tsubasa, but that day he did. He bowed his head and begged his lord to arrange for him a formal meeting with the maid for marriage.

His lord, at first, laughed in amusement, he said that Ryoma's father had done something similar too. Ryoma's father had also begged Lord Tsubasa's father in the same pose, for Ryoma's mother. And Tsubasa was happy to do the same for Ryoma.

Fortunately, the meeting was a success. Seems like just like him, the shy maid, Sei was also infatuated with him. With the blessing of the gods and his Master, they soon got married.

And in just a few months, the couple were expecting a baby. These few months were the peak of happiness in Ryoma's life.

But then a tragedy struck him, turning his whole life upside down.

Jealous of his success, favourability with the lord, beautiful wife, and content life, a servant in the same mansion instigated several other servants who bore similar hostile thoughts towards Ryoma to take away all his happiness. Tell him the consequences of getting 'carried away'.

"Those bastards hit me, restrained me, and then killed my Sei along with my child in her b-belly." Ryoma's voice started to tremble remembering his past.

It reminded his own situation... reminded him about the day on which Luna died. Arthur sighed, and asked in a low voice, "And then?"

"And then...", Ryoma inhaled, "They went away, leaving me just there lying helplessly... Alive, to suffer. I gathered all my strength and crawled to embrace Sei's body for the one last time, memorizing the warmth of her body as it faded, and the texture of blood on her clothes.

I don't know when I passed out that night, hugging her like that but when I woke up there was a burning desire for revenge.

They had impaled three katanas in her belly and then slit her throat with a knife, all in front of me.

I removed all the swords from her body, buried her, and used those same swords to exact my revenge, I wasn't exactly a weak person, you know, My lord."

Ryoma had a wide smile as he told Arthur about the details of how he exacted his revenge, how he slashed their arms and legs, making them a nugget and then impaled their stomachs with swords and finally slit their throats just like they did to his wife.

"I see." Arthur hummed, perhaps, his wife the reason for Ryoma's fetish of killing and consuming pregnant women. "And how did you become a demon?"

"That man, Kibutsuji Muzan." Ryoma shuddered, recalling the presence of the progenitor demon, "After I was done with my vengeance, he offered me to become one. Well, more like he muttered that question on his own and inserted his finger into my forehead without even hearing my reply. The pain I felt was excruciating. Still, a lot more tolerable than what you inflicted on me, I'm not complaining, My Lord."

"It's fine.", Arthur nodded, "Ryoma, this question was in my mind from yesterday, but what are your thoughts about me? I mean, I've tortured you for two whole months, Muzan was a saint for you compared to me."

Ryoma hummed, "Well, My lord, I can't lie to you. I hated you with every fiber of my being, I would've certainly killed you the moment I had a chance. But since yesterday, after that corpse woman bit me. I... There was a change... in me. Before yesterday, I didn't remember my past, the love I had for Sei, I had forgotten it. The only thing that mattered was to consume human flesh and become strong.

I had let my 'strange' instincts drive me for all these years after I had been a demon.

When that corpse woman bit me... I felt like I'd die, my life flashed before me, my human life as well as the life I lived as a demon and I regretted the deeds I did as a demon...  I felt like... the human Ryoma in me who was dormant till now, resurfaced. The loss of Sei plagued my heart, again... I'm still a demon, I know it. I still want to eat human flesh and drink their blood, but now it's not my sole purpose for existing.

I have lost the morals of human Ryoma, but so did the animalistic behavior of Demon Ryoma, I'm something new... I don't know what I am now. But most of all... I found a sense of unyielding loyalty towards you.

I feel most happy when I'm serving you. All I want is to be of most use to you, find every way in which my humble existence could ease even a tiny portion of your burdens, and do whatever it takes to accomplish the tasks given by you to the utmost perfection. And, and—"

"Okay, I understand. Is there any other change you've noticed in you?" Arthur asked, uncrossing his legs and putting the cup of coffee on the table. "This time in a physical context."

Ryoma knitted his brows in contemplation, "My skin complexion has turned grey, like that corpse woman. And I don't feel pain anymore, my regeneration speed has increased a bit. Aside from those, I don't feel much change, My Lord."

"Is it necessary to call me Lord?" Arthur tilted his head.

"I can call you Young Master, if you wish, My Lord." Ryoma gave a wide smile.

"It's okay, I've already gotten used to it. You can leave, train or do whatever you wish."

Ryoma nodded and went away.

'I see so when demons are injected with the undead virus, this is what happens...', Arthur sighed.

If Arthur was being honest, Ryoma's story did move him a bit. But his sad backstory doesn't pardon his sins. Anyway, it did help him understand Ryoma's behavior better and also told him where he got his butler skills and formal way of speech.

The most interesting thing about the conversation was how Ryoma's mentality changed about Arthur. And how his human and demon parts seemed to have merged in a mysterious way.

Intriguing really, an undead virus had such effects huh...

So that was the story of the future strongest subordinate of the Mercenary who ascended to the level of gods and became the successor to the one of the most powerful higher beings.

===========

Thanks for reading!

Yeah, sorry folks of scribblehub, I kinda forgot about y'all.

Treat it as a side chapter if you wish, I'll post another chapter in a few hours! Or you can read a couple of chapter ahead on webnovel.

Also, I'll have posted a new fanfic, it will be pure Marvel one. (Not posted here yet.)

It's title is  : Marvel: I Need A Body!

(Click it)

Here's the synopsis:

Jerry Anderson, a 25-year office worker, is transmigrated into Ebony Maw's body, adoptive son of Thanos and a member of Black Order, a noseless and a creepy-looking thin bastard.

Maybe he'll be able to get a new, more beautiful body in the future?

But the real question is... do hot girls dig ugly fellows like Maw, or the whole inner beauty concept is just a farce? Let's see.

-----------------

Support me and read ahead on pa treon!

Pat-reon Link: https://www.pat reon.com/marveller

Ko-fi Link: Ko-fi.com/marveller

(remove the space)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/T3GN7nqKgS

24