06- How dare you!
231 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Z sat to the side quietly as he began laughing cynically. 'The Shadow guards you respect are the worst type of people, they are powerful, but they have lost their humanity in the process. This time, things will be different. I won't be put into that position ever again!'

On the stage, Envoy Hatetrail, a tall skinny man in deep dark robes took a step forward and placed himself next to a machine. He took a seat in front of the small machine with a huge crystal in the middle and started to read out names, the students watching anxiously as they waited for their tier gradings.

An assistant by his side scanning the student's Commwatches, so as to confirm the identity of the students. Aside from being a communication device, the Commwatches played huge roles in the state of the world. Commwatches basically were a token of identity with all their information stored within.

As the students patiently waited, one anxious meat mountain of a student started to get antsy and whispered to Z,

"Hey Zero, I've read some ancient text that mentioned something like this. I think it's called a sorting hat. Schools in the ancient times all have it, they sort you to classes according to your personality. Cool huh!"

Zero just looked on as he felt his eyes roll so far back he could see his brain.

"Basil Draco, please come up to the stage. Place your hand firmly on the crystal." The assistant shouted.

"A Tier Manifest" Envoy Hatetrail spoke out, "Good job, you may return to your seat."

Basil turned around and smiled to his group of friends at the noble seating area. He raised his fist up as he triumphantly walked down from the stage.

There were cheers coming from the seats below, there were different tiers of nobility and those nobles who wanted to associate with one of the top noble houses needed a head start for brown-nosing. Basil turned and nodded at the envoy before taking a seat back with his group.

"Soli Aquos, please come up to the stage and place your hands on the crystal!" the assistant shouted next.

"Don't be too worried if you're weaker Soli, I'll protect you" Basil sneered as Soli moved from her seat, ignoring him completely as she took the steps up to the machine.

"A Tier Manifest, it seems there are quite a few diamonds in this batch."

Soli calmly walked back to her seat ignoring Basil completely. She was ice cool, calm and composed like an iceberg staying in the sea.

Basil, upset that he failed to get a reaction from her got even more upset. He looked like he was going to blow his top. The students around Basil sensed the temperature of the room rising, but they couldn't bear to bring themselves to placate the angry Basil.

Soli, on the other hand, hidden beneath her icy exterior was quite happy with how the situation turned out. After all, her family wanted to match her with Basil, but she had her own thoughts about arranged marriages.

One by one all the nobility went ahead and had their tier tested, some had excited expressions while others looked as if they've been dealt a horrible blow. It was one thing to get an E Tier rating, but if you were from nobility, it would be your death warrant. You'd lose almost all respect you had previously. The same could be said about the U tier.

After the nobility completed their testing all the common students lined up in a line as they slowly walked up to the stage to get tested. The differences between the castes were as bright as the day the treatment was entirely different, even the Envoy Hatetrail looked like he didn't even want to stay.

At Soli's side, a girl with two pigtails started whispering to her, she pointed at Odrunn and started laughing. It seems like this petite loli had an evil idea and had to tell Soli about it. Together they hatched a plan, Soli used her manifest and made a puddle of water on the floor right beside Odrunn before turning it into ice, just as he was walking past Basil. The little pigtail girl extended her hand and gently pushed. A strange force landed on Odrunn's fat body, gently nudging him onto the ice. Stepping onto the ice Odrunn slipped entirely and landed with a thud on Basil.

Basil who was now lying directly under the huge Odrunn got even more upset than he already did. In all his life, he had never once been embarrassed like this. Roiling flames started rising as Odrunn hurriedly got off from Basil and rushed off to the side. Basil stood up as his hair turned into flames as well he gathered a fireball in his hands and shouted out loudly.

"You lowly commoner! How dare you lay a hand on this noble!" He pulled back his arm and prepared to hurl the fireball into Odrunn. The fireball might not have killed Odrunn but it definitely would have hurt him badly at the least. With the difference in caste, even if he was killed no one would blink an eye.

Principal Devonport turned to look at the commotion, just as he was about to rush in to intervene, it was too late. The fireball had already left his hands. Odrunn was stunned and in a panic as he was rooted to the spot. It seemed like it was definitive that he would be hit.

Z sighed and kicked the back of Odrunn's leg immediately, the force caused him Odrunn's knees to buckle and fall on the floor, avoiding the fireball as it landed on one of the chairs behind him and started to catch fire.

Seeing how the fireball had missed the target, Basil got even more furious.

"YOU! HOW DARE YOU DODGE! YOU FILTHY COMMONER!"

4