08- Introductions to manifest (1)
222 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tent flap started to rustle as the door opened once again...

"Boss! I'm here! Your roommate really didn't want to be in the same room with you so I swapped with him. Now that you're here to protect me I feel so much better! Don't let them use me as a punching bag please!"

"Thud Thud Thud" the sound of the massive Odrunn's footsteps sounded out loudly as he ran towards Zero. Right before he could hug on Zero, a foot landed on his face.

"First of all, I'm not your boss and secondly, why should I protect you?" Z turned around and walked back to his bed.

"Boss, I know you care about me! Please take care of me. I have credits, I can pay you!"

Z rolled his eyes and gave a sigh,

"Just stick to your side of the room... I mean tent"

Z started to unpack his things and set up his rickety bed. The bed was lumpy and hard, but Z was tired from the events that happened today. He started to lie on his bed and slowly drifted off to sleep, as he fell into a deep sleep he started to recall what happened in his previous life.

__________________________________________________
"These are your living spaces recruits! It comes with all you need, a mattress a blanket and a pillow." A cruel voice shouted to the 30 or so recruits.

"But sir, there's only 1 of each item..." A brave recruit questioned after raising his hands.

"So... Fight for it. HAHAHA"

The cruel man laughed as he walked away laughing,

"By the way, the temperatures will drop to 10 degrees Celsius at night. Good luck kids!"

The stunned shadow recruits looked at each other in confusion, the recruit closest to the blanket picked it up and just as he was about to try to defuse the situation tactfully, a punch was thrown in his direction. It was thrown with a significant amount of force and he was thrown against the wall dropping the blanket as he flew.

Pretty soon, it was pandemonium and everyone was fighting tooth and nail for every piece of item on the floor. Z stood at the corner of the room not wanting to join in on the fighting and quietly sat down slowly.

"Crash!"

A body flew past him just as he sat on the floor and a young girl with long black hair turned and stared at him.

Instantly she accelerated towards him, her black hair flowing beside her as Z watched her feet fly in slow motion towards his face. The next thing he knew he felt a sharp pain on his chin as he fell to the floor, feeling his world spinning.

__________________________________________________________________
"Boss wake up, we're going to be late! wake up, boss!"

Z snapped opened his eyes as he forcefully sat up straight. The dream he had obviously taken a toll on his psyche, his head smashed into that of Odrunn who was right beside him trying to get him to wake up. They both rubbed their forehead from the pain from the impact.

Rubbing his head, Odrunn slowly stood up,

"Boss, we have to go, there is an introduction to manifests class starting in 45 minutes. It's in the main building and really far away from our tentage.

Z Immediately stood up and left the tentage.

"Boss, wait for me! I'm coming too!" Odrunn panicked and rushed out afraid to lose sight of Zero.

"Huff huff!" After a 20 minute walk, the sound of heavy breathing resounded "How long more will it take?" Odrunn exclaimed with shortness of breath.

"…. We'll be reaching soon, How did you think you could be part of the military when you get tired after a short walk"

Z mentioned with a confused look.

"I'm not tired! It's just, I don't walk often and I'm slightly out of breath"

Odrunn hastily replied.

After another 10 minutes, both of them arrived in front of a large hall with a massive sign at the front

[Scientia est potentia]

Scientia est potentia meaning knowledge is power. When humanity was thrust into an awakening of a world of manifests, what held the world together was not the strength of abilities, but rather the knowledge on how to use those abilities wisely. Although in the recent climate, it seems like the original idea was diluted and power was regarded as the basis of all respect.

The two walked into the classroom and immediately found their seat towards the back. The seating arrangements were arranged as such, Nobility at the front, Commoners with mid to high tiers at the centre and commoners with low tiers sitting at the back.

On the right-hand side, way at the front was Basil Draco, there with his group of lackeys occupying the front, cocky as they get.

On the other side of the room were a group of girls beautiful as can be, with Soli taking the centre looking as if she could freeze hell over. Every guy in the room would want to approach her, but her aura was suffocating. No one is able to resist it.

"Bang!" The door swung open wide a young male in green robes strolled in, with a group of students dressed in similar fashion by his side. They immediately found a seat in the centre of the room and sat down.

The young man in green, Fenris snarled, showing off his canines as he asked his underlings to give him some food to eat.

"Boss, the one who just came in is Fenris Finch, he comes from a long line of ancient art masters. I heard he is really talented in the ancient arts and his dad wants him to inherit the Finch Dojo." Odrunn spoke lightly withholding his sound, it was as if he had learnt his lesson yesterday from speaking out loudly.

The ancient arts were basically long lost forms of martial arts, in the past practitioners of martial arts could use their internal energy to do incredible things. Of course, years after the Manifest event happened, not many people knew how to effectively use their internal energy. The ancient arts strove to teach the masses ways to activate that internal energy so they wouldn't be at a disadvantage if they were called into war or had weak manifests.

Zero nodded intently, he was also trained in the ancient arts so he understood how terrifying it could be.

"Tap! Tap! Tap!" as Zero was deep in thought, a sound resounded from the front of the lecture hall.

.

5