13- No lunch for you!
152 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beside Z, Odrunn started making gagging noises as he started looking like he was going to vomit.

Z just shook his head as he started to jog, the instructors didn't jog with them, instead, they immediately hopped on a transport vehicle and drove beside the students. The group of Vanguard recruits started to jog, left, right, left, right. Step by step, they inched forward through the rough terrain as their belongings were clanging behind them.

By the 5 kilometre mark, some recruits were at the end of their wits, they were physically unable to keep up. Reaching the 8-kilometre mark, one of the recruits gave a loud howl and shouted.

"I won't make it if I don't use my manifest, they didn't say we couldn't use it! So let's just go all out!" The young man who shouted slowly turned his body into metal, immediately his trembling muscles stopped, allowing him to run more stably through the jungle.

Those surrounding him, also followed suit one by one using their manifests, different strengthening abilities, body transformations started appearing. One particular kid transformed into a large bear as he started lumbering through the jungle on all fours.

"That kid, Uris, he managed to catch on that in a situation like this, it's better to do anything to survive. He's good, his manifest isn't that bad as well, although it's only an E grade manifest, who knows if his manifest will improve in the future." Staff Sergeant Ufrad looked at his digital clipboard as he told Sergeant Scuse who was driving the Transport Artefact.

"He is resourceful for sure, let's see how he fares in the later exercises. Let's make him the leader for now." Sergeant Scuse continued.

Soon, pretty much everyone was ahead of the pack, the ones left behind are those that are un-manifested as well as Odrunn who was struggling because of his big body.

Z shook his head as he ran beside the large Odrunn,

"Hey, take regulate your breathing, take two breaths in and two breaths out. Keep your breathing constant. Also, can you feel your manifest? like a surge of energy in your chest?"

Odrunn, slowed down his breathing and as he was running, started to use his hands to rub his chest.
"I'm not asking you to feel your chest literally, I mean feel with your mind, do you feel your manifest?" Z shouted at the dumbstruck Odrunn who turned red from embarrassment.

Odrunn tried again and closed his eyes as he felt connected to his manifest.

"Boss I feel it! It's there" Odrunn shouted out excitedly.

"Right, Usually you'll feel it spread through your body and that's the default, it will automatically heal your body when you get injured. Feel your manifest and guide it to your legs and your lower back, Imagine guiding a fire down your body and the fire burning the specific parts of your body."

Odrunn tried his best, focusing on his breathing as he guided his manifest to his legs and lower back. Immediately he felt comfort as his fatigue was gone immediately.

"Boss! I did it! But... I wasn't injured.. Does my manifest have other usages too?" Odrunn spoke excitedly, hoping that his manifest had grown to a level that branched out to more usages.

"Nope, your healing manifest is still a healing manifest, what you just did was to heal the muscle fibres as soon as they started to tear. Although you are out of breath, with your muscles being healed, it makes your movement much easier." Z smiled as he continued to run step by step.

In the Transport Artefact, Staff Sergeant Ufrad nodded his head as he looked at his digital clipboard. "Zero Cromwell, Unmanifested, yet he can easily tell Odrunn Braveflight how to use his manifest with ease. In all my life, I have only seen someone with a healing manifest that is augment based only once." He smiled as he spoke.

Sergeant Scuse looked at Staff Sergeant Ufrad with a confused look, as he asked,

"I don't remember there being someone in the Vanguards with that kind of manifest though?"

Staff Sergeant Ufrad smiled as he replied, "That's because he's in the offence and his physical strength is second to none."

Sergeant Scuse just whistled as he shook his head and continued driving forward.

An hour later, the campsite was littered with the bodies of the recruits, whether they used their manifests to reach, or those that jogged here entirely not a single person was standing up. Of course mid-run there were a few people who ended up falling out and not completing the run, those were sent to the healers to be healed and when they returned their training would be worse off.

Staff Sergeant Ufrad stepped out of the Transportation Artefact, he looked at everyone on the floor sprawled out,

"Good job for making it to camp, you can leave your personal items on the floor and we can start our training."

'clang' the sound of personal belongings dropping on the floor resounded everywhere as the recruits who were sprawled out on the floor felt like cursing out loud but only dared to do so inwardly.

"Your mother! we just ran 15 kilometres in an hour and we still haven't started training?"

Staff Sergeant Ufrad paused, before starting to speak again. "Oh right, I forgot to mention, that while you're here, you need not eat the nutrition bars. We have a supply of food catered for every meal for the recruits."

Hearing this, the recruits started to get excited. Real food! they are going to eat real food. Other than the nobles who felt like this was normal, the commoners all struggled to feed themselves, so usually they will just have nutrition bars.

"Right, those who do not complete the training today, won't be able to eat lunch." Staff Ufrad finally finished speaking as he laughed and walked straight into the empty patch.

Like a bolt of lightning, all the recruits who were mentally drained felt like their strength has once again left their body.

3