Chapter 005 – Malevolence
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note:

Greetings our dear readers! We have opened up a Patreon page. If you like our work and want to see more of it, check it out. The link is below and also in the novel synopsis. Enjoy!

Your authors,

Rhaxtyx and Etherioux

 

Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/etherioux


"Wake up you idiot! How long do you plan sleeping for!?"

He started slapping him. And if it weren't for Evil God, he would keep going. He had an apologetic smile while he was looking at Ryuuya. After throwing Katsuki off of him, he helped Ryuuya get up.

"Sorry about all that."

"Didn't… Didn't you just … to Katsuki…"

"Ah that? It was an illusion."

Evil God had a grinning with his tongue out while waving his finger. Without controlling himself, and to be frank he was kind of unable, Ryuuya kicked Evil God's shin. Even though he was more than capable of dodging it, Evil God chose not to and started jumping around while holding his leg.

"Alright, I deserve it. But I wanted to see your max so bad! I think it was worth it."

"Worth it? I saw you almost kill my best friend! How is that worth it?! You should have said something at the beginning!"

As Ryuuya was getting angry again the wind started to pick up again and Shiro went ahead touched his shoulder to stop his power raging again. Because this test did indeed have shown Ryuuya's max power. In the place where he raged only remained a crater. They somehow calmed Ryuuya down and started explaining his situation. According to what the Principal said, floor around him started to turn to break into tiny fragments and evaporate. Truly befitting of the name 'Total Destruction'.

"In conclusion, the trigger for this power is your emotional state. I'm glad we learned that."

He then turned around and recreated the black gate and turned around with a devilish smile.

"But I still didn't tell you to stop."

Katsuki despaired and started rolling on the ground. Shiro gave a minute look at Ryuuya and walked towards the gate and started training. Without anything better to do, Katsuki also started training. Only Ryuuya was standing where he was and looking down. He was deep in thought and his head was aching. His injuries from before weren't completely healed either so he was in a difficult position. He was thinking if he could control that berserk power with all his current condition. But as if to blow all his worries away, Evil God grinned at him and tapped his shoulder.

"Don't worry. We will not do that again. Well, soon at the very least. What I want from you is controlling your emotions. I will do everything to irritate, shame and anger you. And if you lose control again, Shiro will stop you."

"At least you are warning first. Whatever, I don't have much of a choice. Plus, I want to see my own limits as well."

"That is good then."

With that, their training officially commenced. Katsuki was sweating and Shiro too, was working hard to stop the black gate. It was too strong for her and it really pushed her limits. She just hoped that it wouldn't reach the mines.

And as for Ryuuya and Evil God, well let's say that Evil God is actually really proficient at being an older brother. Ryuuya was really having a hard time as he had to endure the various taunts of Evil God. Hitting, pranking… Anything that can come to mind was done to him. As he was an only child and was lonely as he grew up, Ryuuya never experienced things like these so even if his mental fortitude was of a 15 year olds, he couldn't resist this 'elder brother'. There was a time when he was about to lose control again.

As the clock ticked closer to midnight, the Principal stopped the trio and released them from their first day of misery.

"I want you guys be at my office the same time tomorrow got it?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

"Nuuuuuuuu!"

"You signed up for this yourself Katsu."

"I know Ryuu but still!"

"I want no excuse! Well then, let's get out of here! I want to have some fresh air."

With that, he made his way towards the exit followed by the trio. The trio was staying together throughout the day. This was forced on them by the principal so that they could get to know together and make their teamwork better. They would wake up early and go jogging and after classes they would go to the special arena with the Principal and train their bodies and powers. At the beginning of their fourth day of training, Ryuuya woke up with pain in his chest and was sweating profusely.

He forced himself up from his bed and while supporting himself with the wall, went to his cell phone. His vision was a little blurry because of sweat getting in his eyes so he had difficulty seeing what he was typing in his password. He finally got it right somehow and he hurriedly called Katsuki.

"Hmm… What is it Ryuu?"

"Call… Call him!"

"What? What are you talking about? Are you okay?"

"Call... the Principal! Some-something is… wrong!"

"Ryuu what-"

He closed the call and he waddled towards the bathroom. He wanted to wash his face to clear his vision but before he could even take one step, he tripped on his other leg and fell down. He concluded that he could not reach the bathroom like this so he decided to crawl back to bed. As he started climbing back up, his door opened and Katsuki entered with the Principal and Shiro. Katsuki was shaking in anxiety and Shiro was shocked to see him in this condition. Only the Principal was calm. He went and touched his forehead.

"Akagi, close the door."

"Is he okay sir?"

"Do as I said."

"Y-yes. Yes."

Ryuuya was lying down on his back and Katsuki and the Principal were near his head. Shiro was directly in front of him and was directly looking at him.

"Hmm. I suspected as such."

"What is it sir Principal?"

"Nothing too serious. Just his power having a backlash that's all."

"I think that is plenty serious though?"

"Well it's not something that I can't handle."

The Principal put his hand on Ryuuya's forehead and took a deep breath. After that he closed his eyes and put his right hand on Ryuuya's chest and focused his power. He circulated it through Ryuuya and calmed the berserk energy. This took about 5 minutes and Katsuki was about to go nuts. He wanted to ask about his friend but was afraid of disturbing the Principal and thus harming Ryuuya. Shiro was similar. She never took her eyes off of the Principal's hands and wanted to know what kind of power he had. But she was up against a more experienced individual as she couldn't discover anything, there weren't even any fluctuations!

"There, done. It's good that you called so early or else you would've died before you could make it to the bathroom."

After speaking he took out a talisman from his breast pocket and put it around Ryuuya's neck.

"This is the best that I can do for now."

"S… sir?"

"Is he okay sir?! Please tell me that he's okay? Oh what will I do without him?!"

"He's okay."

"He was so young as well! He was so young! How?! How could you take him from me!? Curse you! Curse-"

A smack to the back of the head was enough to bring him back to earth from whichever fantasyland he was. He looked around him and saw the face palming Shiro and an irritated Principal. Even veins popped on his forehead.

"I said he is okay so shut up! And you be careful from now."

He said to Ryuuya.

"I couldn't completely stop it, so it is just suppressed. That talisman's purpose is to add another layer of suppression. It is not all powerful so be careful. It should last you around 5 to 6 months so you are covered through the tournament."

"I… see… Thank you."

"Well at least you let me know. It would be bad y'know. Anyway you rest for the day, I'll take care of the paperwork for it."

"What about the training?"

" 'S fine."

"But what if-"

"Nothing will happen so just rest already. Sheesh. You are worse than my wife!"

Principal just exited after that. Only Katsuki and Shiro remained in the room. Shiro cleared her throat and spoke.

"Well then, now that you are good, I will take my leave. I still have laps to run. You too Akagi."

"A-ah yes. I'll be there shortly."

"Thank you for coming."

"Hmph."

After she closed the door behind him Ryuuya and Katsuki looked at each other and lightly laughed.

"It's good that you are okay Ryuu."

"Well, you were the only person I could call so…"

"Well, you heard the man. Relax for today. But when you comeback you better be prepared as you'll eat my dust!"

"Haha, bring it on!"

They talked for another 5 minutes or so and Katsuki finally left for his morning exercise. Ryuuya was left on his own and did not know what to do. He could watch some videos from internet. In the meantime he decided to read some novels with his phone. He decided to read one that he discovered recently. It was about a god that got summoned to another world.

"Why are all gods weird in the head? But… now that I think about it this God of Magic is waaay better than the one I have.  Well, at least the author puts in hard work."

He surfed the internet all day long and when he was bored with it he studied and kept pace with his class. All in all, he had a pleasant holiday. He felt much better than before, he could walk with ease and he could even do some light physical exercise too. So he decided to at least go and watch his friends practicing. He made his way towards the principal's office around the last lesson.

But instead of climbing the stairs, he went down and headed to the entrance of the arena. Thanks to the Principal, they could now enter this place with ease with their fingerprints and irises. He entered and started waiting for the team. While he was waiting he did more light physical exercise like jogging and throwing punches and simple stretching.

But no one came no matter how long he waited. Even though they went eating, they should've arrived half an hour ago, thought Ryuuya and exited. He made his way towards the Principal's office this time and knocked on the door. But no response came. Surprised, Ryuuya tried a couple more times. After no response came from within for 5 minutes, he gave up and decided to walk around and see if he could meet with any of them.

He exited the main building and made his way towards the faculty where their class was. On the way he could see other students making their way towards their dorms, their school day was over and they were laughing and playing with each other. Some were talking about someone getting beat up but that was a common occurrence in this school.

"No man you don't understand. It was not just your Ordinary Joe that got beat up."

"Really who was it? Don't tell me it's someone from top 100?"

"Nope."

"No way! Top 50!?"

"No!"

"Dude shut up! Did another school attacked? Is it one of the Exalts?!"

"Shut up! Who could beat them!? It was that arrogant bitch that transferred the other day!"

"Really? Well I expected more. It was just that?"

"Excuse me? What is it that you said?"

"Hmm? Where have you been all day? Some second years cornered and beat the crap out of that dumb bitch! She should've learned her place the first time around."

"Oh… Okay… Thanks, I guess."

"Who was that?"

"Oh shit! Things are getting interesting man!"

"Why?"

"It was that powerless worm! You know how he and that bitch got close recently? Well I think he's on his way to get revenge!"

"Shit! Let's go and watch!"

"Nah man, they are long gone. It will be tomorrow I think. But let's spread the news."

"Hahaha."

Ryuuya rushed to the closest infirmary. The people that saw him made way for him and when they saw his face clearly, there were some people that made some interesting faces and some that started discussing.

Ryuuya entered the infirmary with a kick almost as the door slammed to the wall. There on the first bed was Shiro lying with her eyes closed. She was currently unconscious and Katsuki was beside her, looking enraged. When he saw Ryuuya enter, he turned to him and apologized with a cracked voice.

"I'm sorry man. I'm so sorry! I was- I was just buying something to drink!"

 

 

2