Chapter 006 – Unexpected Resistance
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note:

Greetings our dear readers! We have opened up a Patreon page. If you like our work and want to see more of it, check it out. The link is below and also in the novel synopsis. Enjoy!

Your authors,

Rhaxtyx and Etherioux

 

Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/etherioux

------------------------------------

"I'm sorry man. I'm so sorry! I was- I was just buying something to drink!"

Katsuki's voice trembled when he spoke. There were tears forming up in the corner of his eyes and his gaze towards Ryuuya was truly heart wrenching. Ryuuya, after seeing Shiro in this condition, had a hard time controlling his emotions. He was enraged, his eyes opened wide and his nostrils were opened as well. His teeth were clenched and cracking sounds were coming from his knuckles.

"Katsu. I want you to tell me, clearly, who did this."

"Ryuu, I-I can't"

"Katsu tell me."

"I promised to her man! I can't!!!"

"KATSUKI!!!"

"No yelling in my infirmary!"

At that time the doctor appeared behind Ryuuya and lightly smacked him in the back of his head with a book. Ryuuya turned with a swish and threw a punch but his speed was nothing to the Doctor as her experience was much broader and she was much quicker. She nimbly blocked the punch with her book and smacked Ryuuya with it again. A red mark appeared on his forehead and when he looked again, he realized that he attacked a school staff. A doctor, nonetheless!

"I'm sorry, sir."

"Apology accepted. Your friend is fine, she's just exhausted. I healed her injuries so there's nothing to be afraid of. So don't yell! There are other students resting here!"

""Yes ma'am.""

After their confirmation, doctor gave a sweet smile and returned to her desk to keep reading her book. Ryuuya went beside Shiro and saw that it was indeed as the doctor said. There were no injuries and her breathing was steady as well. She was like the princess in that story. Her white hair blended with the bed sheets and her chest slowly moved up and down with her every breath.

"She wanted something to drink so I went to get it. I'm sorry! I should've been there for her!"

"It's okay man. She has a lot of enemies anyway. It was natural. But you should really tell me who it was."

"I can't Ryuu. While I carried her here she made me promise that I wouldn't tell you who they were!"

"Is it from our class?"

"I told you I can't."

Ryuuya could see that Katsuki broke eye contact for a split second.

"I see. Is it the same group from the other day?"

"Ryuu… I-I… Dude knock it off!"

It looked like it was. Katsuki was a terrible liar after all. His face could be read by Ryuuya better as they were friends for a long time. He smiled and chuckled.

"Fine fine. I won't pursue this okay?"

"Promise me."

"I promise."

Only after this could Katsuki smile. He got up and stretched and said that he was going to toilet. He left the room and left Ryuuya and Shiro alone. Ryuuya's expression was complex as he was in deep thought. He would continue school tomorrow and he was sure that those guys would poke fun at him. He was currently planning how he should deal with all that. He looked at Shiro's sleeping face and sighed.

Katsuki arrived not long after and told Ryuuya that he saw the Principal.

"He said that we should return to our rooms. I mean we still have training tomorrow."

"You're right. Let's go. Sir, thank you."

"It's fine. It's my job to take care of you children."

They bowed and thanked the doctor and left the infirmary. They were late for meal time so they had their dinner together. There was an awkward silence around them. Katsuki wanted to talk but Ryuuya was still in deep thought. He just gave vague replies. This made Katsuki more nervous but while having dinner it was as if Ryuuya was changed in a split second. He became his usual self to ease Katsuki's worries. But once he returned his room, his eyes had a cold glint in them.

"The die is cast indeed."

He closed his lights and went to bed. His day started as usual the next day, he got up early and went jogging, returned home and took a shower and left for school. Weirdly, he didn't see Katsuki that morning. Normally he would rush around looking at girls asses and joke around. You would know he was approaching from his loud laugh. But this morning he didn't catch these signs at all. Without minding much, he kept on going.

But instead of directly going to class, he made his way towards the park. This park was on the way to one of the boys' dorms. He sat on a bench and put his backpack beside him. He put on his headphones and started looking around and waiting.

After about 20 minutes, he calmly put his headphones in his backpack and got up. He went to the back of a nearby tree and took position. This was all because his first target was approaching. His name was Kouda and he was the first person to try and hit Shiro the other day. This guy was truly unlucky the moment he entered this academy. The only people he could get along with were staying too far from him and he was almost always the target of bullying. That's why he was getting his revenge from his underclassmen. He was not liked even by his teachers but there were some weird headed individuals that are alike and were getting along with him.

As he was alone, he was the first target. Ryuuya picked up several pebbles from the ground and aimed. After he got closer to the bench, he made his move. Kouda's power was to control water so he didn't have much to worry about in this park. Unless he could control the moisture of plants, which could only be done by higher tiered power users, he could take care of him fairly easily.

He threw the pebble and it flew straight at his head from behind. Kouda instantly turned around while rubbing his head and looked around. His actions were futile though as he saw nothing and no one. He looked down and saw the pebble that hit him. He picked it up and when he determined there was nothing special about it, threw it to the ground and kept walking.

This was when a second pebble hit him. This time he more furiously turned around gnashed his teeth while looking around. But the same scenery was in front of him. With a hmph, he turned back again. But this time his attention was focused behind him and when he heard an object flying towards him he dodged and looked back. He saw a silhouette behind a tree and ran towards it.

Ryuuya was waiting for this. He rotated around the tree as Kouda was approaching and with a sleight of hand, picked the bottle of water that was hanging on Kouda's bag. He threw the rest of the pebbles to Kouda's head and threw the bottle the other side. Then he started punching in quick succession.

"Who?!"

Kouda was shocked and panicked when he got attacked. He wanted to turn around when the pebbles hit him but the punches after that came like a gale and he could not even find an opening to even open his eyes. Soon, his face swelled up and his nose was broken as well. After getting beat up for 5 minutes, he was finally let go of. 3 teeth accompanied him to the ground as he fell. Ryuuya's hands were bloodied so he wiped them on Kouda's jacket and left him moaning and rolling on the ground.

He made his way towards the classroom. People were already in there and they were having their usual mornings. Katsuki was there as well, albeit a little down. His eyes were more serious than usual. When Ryuuya entered some people looked at him with complicated gazes. There were indifferent gazes and there were mocking gazes. There were some people that were looking provocatively as well but these were the people that beat up Shiro yesterday. He didn't give them any attention and went to his seat. He exchanged pleasantries with Katsuki and sat down. They were having their mornings as usual as well, Katsuki cheered up when he saw him.

After about 5 minutes though, a student entered the classroom while panting and sweating. It was obvious he was running quite a bit. He went towards the group of people that were responsible for Shiro and told them something.

"What? To Yuki?"

"Shhhh!"

Yuki was another one of those who were responsible. When he heard Ryuuya he was confused but was indifferent but when he looked at Katsuki's face, he could tell that he was hiding his smile. At that time another student entered the class but this time they yelled instead of telling in secret.

"Someone beat up Kouda! Quite badly at that! He can't even open his eyes!"

"Kouda too!?"

"What is going on?"

Everybody was shocked at this but the most shocked ones were their friend group. They involuntarily looked at Katsuki and Ryuuya but they were indifferent about this and they were having their usual morning talks. At this time their teacher entered and started their lesson.

"Ryuu. I'll admit I was behind that girl but were you the one on Kouda?"

"Yes."

"You promised me!"

"Well you weren't calm either!"

"Akagi! Amano! Get your act together or you'll find yourselves out."

"We'll talk about this!"

After their class was over, they went to the canteen and started talking over coffee.

"You promised me Ryuu!"

"What about you? You weren't the type to get revenge!"

"But you didn't see what they did to her Ryuu! If you did then you wouldn't be calm right now!"

"They've done enough already! Just like Caesar said: The die is cast. Whatever happens from now, there's no turning back for me!"

"Me as well! So, what do you think we should do?"

"I was going to ambush them one by one but since we are going to work together let me think. Hmm… What about this…"

As such, they planned until the next class started. They calmly entered and took their seat. Their attitude didn't escape from the eyes of the culprits, they even locked their gazes on the group for a second. This made them nervous as they knew the reason why Yuki and Kouda got beaten and the people that did it. That is why starting from the next period, they started to move in a one big group.

Ryuuya and Katsuki observed them for now and didn't act. Their plan was to corner them when the school ended because they would go their separate ways then. So they waited. And once the school was over, the group involuntarily parted. They were all from the same family except for one. While that one girl was from the Lightning Branch, the others were from Water Branch. Even though they're from the same clan with Katsuki, there was no hesitation in his eyes. Indeed they're from the same clan but there were seven branches and each one of them has lots of members.

The girls were numbered at 3 with that lightning girl and boys numbered at 2. They would target the girls first. Katsuki would hold down the lightning girl and one of the other ones if he could and Ryuuya would knock down the other. Ryuuya started the ambush as he did with Kouda but this time he threw with more power.

Once the pebble hit the back of their heads, one of the girls cried out and fell down, she couldn't move due to pain. Fastest one to react was the lightning girl, she threw a lightning towards were Ryuuya was. But unfortunately for her he had already changed his position and threw more stones. This time however, he failed to hit as they were already expecting another attack. The one on the ground was able to clench her teeth and stand up only to get knocked down again by a charging Katsuki. He charged straight at the lightning girl. She was surprised by this but was able to dodge his attack.

While all this happened Ryuuya was able to sneak up behind the other water girl and started beating her up like he did with Kouda. Their fighting attracted observers of course so a crowd was gathering around them. They were exclaiming at the moves done by Ryuuya as he had an overwhelming advantage. Their sounds also attracted the attention of the boys of the group. They also entered the crowd and when they saw the scene they were enraged and entered the fray.

Ryuuya was done with the water girl quite fast so he was helping Katsuki about with the lightning girl when the others saw them. Girl's lightning was being blocked by Katsuki but everyone could see that he was getting more and more tired as lightning and fire was close in nature and the girl's control over her power was better than him.

Ryuuya threw a couple more pebbles only to be reduced to ash by her lightning.

"You are aiming for something out of your reach, Discarded One!"

"We'll see that! Katsu! Do it!"

When he said it, Ryuuya went behind a tree to hide. When Katsuki saw that he was in a safe position he grinned and hugged himself while speaking.

"You all did something that you shouldn't have! Now prepare for your punishment! HA!"

After his shout, he spread his arms and countless fire snakes spread out. He was using these fire snakes to constrict the group and also to attack them like a whip! Even though the group used their water bottles to defend against this attack but the flames were too hot, even lightning girl was having a hard time. But that was the same for Katsuki as well. Seeing the sweat beads on Katsuki's forehead anyone could understand that it was taxing for him too. That's why Ryuuya took of his belt and wrapped it around his fist. Right as Katsuki stopped the technique, he rushed and started punching them and gathering them to one place. As they were weakened by the fire snakes, it wasn't that difficult to gather them. He unwrapped the belt and looked around.

"Listen up! Until now indeed I was powerless. But from now on, you won't have your way anymore! I had enough of your bullshit! It's my turn now!"

He whipped the belt.

"I won't endure your ridiculing gazes anymore!"

He whipped again.

"I won't just watch as you make fun of me!"

He whipped with every word.

"And finally! I! WILL! NOT! TOLARATE! WHEN YOU BASTARDS! HIT! MY! FRIENDS!"

And he whipped for one final time. After looking around the people for a while, he left with Katsuki. He intentionally made his way towards the back of a building and when they turned the corner he let go of his breath and supported himself with the wall. He was sweating profusely and his breath was jagged.

"You okay Ryuu?"

"Yeah, somewhat. Let's go before something happens."

1