6. Deal With A God
193 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Hello, who are you? Aethra!" A rather beautiful woman opened the door to her home after Levana knocked on her door. Immediately, Aethra ran into the house to hug her mother. Before Levana could speak, Aethra introduced her to her mother.

" This is Levana! She has a cool sword. See! See!" Aethra said as she clung to her mother, Evangeline. Evangeline, quickly put up her guard the moment she noticed the weapon as a normal mother would if someone were to show up at the door with their child and with weapons.

" Don't worry, Miss. I am only here to meet Aethra's father." Levana said raising a hand as if to gesture that she meant them no harm. At least she meant the mother and child no harm. She still wasn't sure how to deal with the weakened primordial within the house.

The outstretched hand seemed to be shaking a little.

Levana could feel it, even from outside the house. She could feel the divine presence trying to intimidate her and dissuade her from entering. She could tell that the Primordial of the Heavenly Sky was purposely doing this as the mother-daughter duo were not affected by His presence.

However, she was determined. The fact that a Primordial, a being that would normally turn her to a bloody mist in a wave of his hand was TRYING to intimidate her was enough to give her the courage to continue with the haphazardly made plan she had.

" May I come in?" She said with a polite tone. The mother, though still suspicious of her, let her in.

" Aethra, please take your friend to your Papa," Evangeline said to her little angel. The cute girl's eyes turned from a regular brown to something resembling celestial bodies immediately as she accepted her task with a nod.

" Come, come, follow me, Levana." With a proud look, the girl brought Levana further into the house. Levana had to continuously stop herself from shivering. A drop of sweat rolled down her forehead as she stared at the door that would lead her to Ouranos.

Closing her eyes, Levana took a deep breath. When her eyes opened, they glowed gold signifying the use of her power. Stiffly, she opened the door and walked in not bothering to knock. Inside she saw a middle age man with pure white long hair and a white beard. The man was lying down on a bed, staring at her from his supine position.

" De... migod..." The old man said in a weak voice.

" Ouranos, Primordial God of the Greek Starry Heavens, you are trespassing in Sumerian lands," Levana said firmly, still experiencing the slowed time that her power allowed. The man stayed silent, however, His divine presence immediately blanketed her.

" You will stop that unless you want me to call upon my chief god. He might want to devour you to strengthen his Sky domain." Suddenly, the presence was retracted. The Primordial instead opted to glare at her hatefully.

" Make a suspicious twitch and I will do as I said," Levana said in a strained voice.

" W...hat is it... that you want... demigod..."

" Let us make a deal, Ouranos. Your daughter can already see the monsters. Her scent attracts more. You do know of the curse on the Greeks? I will take care of her and take her along on my journey after our deal is concluded. I will also keep quiet about you being here. You are hiding, aren't you? In exchange, you will fuse my divine ichor with my human blood to bring it out." Levana said as calmly as she could while being stared down by a formerly powerful Primordial.

There was a short pause as the being thought. He kept staring at Levana, whose face was pale. Her eyes were visibly bloodshot despite the bright glow they emitted. Snot dripped from her nose as the forgotten cold she had tried to act up.

" Deal... You will leave immediately..."

" No, I will leave when I can bleed Gold Ichor."

" Fine... In... twenty-four hours... you shall be a pseudo-god. You... shall... go... then..." For the first time since they met, the Primordial moved, lifting one arm. Instantly, Levana felt a change. Involuntarily, she took a deep breath.

" I... Also gave you better resistance to sickness... Be... thankful..." Then, the Primordial turned away and closed his eyes. Without another word, Levana stepped out of the room closing the door behind her. She didn't dare close her eyes yet.

Though Aethra greeted her, Levana could only stiffly nod. Then, she slowly hobbled her way out the front door that was still open. At least she didn't forget to give Evangeline a nod as she moved out of the house. She closed the front door behind her.

Immediately, she forcefully manipulated the Viel to cloud her presence. The moment she felt the Viel settle around her, Levana's legs buckled and she fell to her knees. She began hyperventilating and heaving. She clawed the dirt ground attempting to calm herself.

She also began blinking incessantly, as her dry eyes hurt. The usage of her power so many times in her day had left her exhausted as well. No, the entire experience had left her drained of all her energy.

Levana had been lucky and she knew it. Had she used up her entire lifetime's worth of luck on this day?

The stress from the encounter had left her in a bad state. She felt like scratching her face off. However, she refrained from doing so.

As her breathing slowed, she lay down on the ground and stared at the cloudy sky. Her shirt, drenched in sweat clung to her body. She then remembered that she had left her rucksack in the house and sighed.

She continued to stare at the sky as her racing heart slowed.

What were the odds… The odds that a weakened, negotiable god was in the first city she visited at the start of her journey. SHE HAD ALREADY GAINED GODHOOD FOR GODS' SAKE.

Had she unintentionally stolen someone else's luck? Did she have a new power? Where are the gods and goddesses of luck smiling upon her? Was there a prophecy dictating her fate? Was Lady Ninsun helping her?

She began mentally thanking all the gods of luck she could remember. She then thanked her father for giving her life and thanked Lord Anu for borrowing his name.

Sadly, the bit about her threatening Ouranos with Lord Anu's wrath was a gamble on her part. She had no way of knowing whether Lord Anu would even answer. So, Levana continued to reflect as she stared at the sky. Soon, Aethra and Evangeline came out and convinced her to come into their home to rest.

11