15. Preparation
121 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Levana stood with her back facing the mirror while naked. She glanced at the mirror from the corner of her eye to see if the scar was still on her back. In the full-body mirror, she clearly saw that the claw mark was still there.

This caused her to feel a little surprised, after all, ever since her ascension to godhood all her injuries and scars had healed without leaving a mark. All her old scars except for the large claw mark on her back had healed perfectly leaving unblemished skin.

Her right eye twitched a little as she heard her own voice insult herself in her mind. Licking her lips she answered herself.

" Well, we are one, we have the same body. You are insulting yourself." Though her retort was sound that voice in her head continued to rant and rave. Fortunately, through a month of practice, Levana smoothly ignored the voice and proceeded to snap her fingers. In an instant, a fresh pair of clothes manifested of the Veil clad her body.

Willing them into the palm of her left hand, two small golden seeds appeared. It was time to plant the divine seeds. After a month of research, scouting and training, Levana had made a plan. One of the seeds disappeared leaving only one in her palm.

She walked over to the small bird cage on her bedside table and opened the cage's door. The bird inside was frightened of her, Levana's divine presence flowed and fluctuated as her mood dictated. Her lack of control is apparent to even the bird.

" Eat this my little blue bird~" Levana sang in a light-hearted manner as she fed the bird the glowing seed. Her eyes glowed intensely as she watched the bird eat the seed. The cerulean Eurasian blue tit glowed lightly after swallowing the seed. The glow quickly settled and the bird's eyes seemed to gain sapience.

Satisfied, Levana held a finger still for the bird to hop onto it. The bird did as he was expected to and was promptly brought out of the cage. As is expected, the bluebird was still afraid of Levana but was coherent and intelligent enough to understand the power and new information it was given by the seed.

Levana walked over to the open window and stood in front of it. An illusionary gold crown flickered into existence on Levana's head as near-invisible violet raiment buzzed into existence on her shoulders. Her right eye glowed violet instead of its normal sunlight-yellow glow.

" I, as your Queen ask you to heed my orders. Watch... watch the humans, watch the animals and watch the immortals. Learn from them. Think... think for yourself, think of a name, think of plans... think. However, you are to keep your distance until the time is right.

I, as the Goddess of Promises, promise to give you a nice little gift if you behave right. Go!" As she had ordered the newly minted divine bird flew out of the window, into the distance.

She watched for another second as the bird flew. She felt it a shame that she would not be able to name the bird. Though she had really wanted to, the type of relationship that would be made with the bird if she had named it was not the type she had wanted. She wanted a good servant, not a son or a family member. She already had Aethra who she thought of as a little sister.

Her uncontrolled presence became heavier as she thought of Aethra. It was not yet time to confront the enemies. Closing the window, she stood in the middle of the dark room her mismatched eyes glowing with their gold and violet colours respectively.

Holding out her left hand she summoned her blade. The tattoo snaked down her arm and manifested as her knife. Holding out her glowing blade, she began making movements that seemed to resemble a blade dance but in slow motion. She then began chanting in a language only she knew. It was one that she had used to write in her journal. It was also one that was only given verbal pronunciations 5 days ago.

It was a simple language based on English. It had little grammar and almost no nuances. Exactly as she had wanted. The simpler the better for rituals. The simpler the easier to hide meanings in contracts. The simpler the more difficult it is to differentiate between false had and lies.

Though creating the language was at least two rotten eggs worth of unpleasantness, Levana was glad and proud of her creation. It was useful for keeping secrets back then and now it was going to be useful again.

As Levana twirled to a stop her chanting was also finished. Around her, floating in the air glowing words surrounded her. They moved slowly and seemed to echo what they mean with feelings of what they should mean. Slowly, the rings of words shrunk and constricted around Levana's heart.

Even in their merged form, Levana Ba'al Kaer felt anxious as she watched the rings of words spin faster and faster around her heart. It wasn't as if she couldn't continue living without her heart, it was just that this ritual-made spell would do far more than permanently remove her heart if it failed or backfired.

The moment the golden spell passed through her heart, Levana felt a wave of relief and collapsed onto the ground. With a sigh, the crown and raiment faded, and her eyes returned to normal as she felt exhaustion seep into her body.

She continued ignoring the annoying voice in her head and got up from the floor and contemplated if she should take a shower or go to sleep for the night. Finally, she made up her mind and left for bed. She was a little sweaty but she didn't think it really mattered.

The voice in her head definitely thought otherwise, though...

" Shut up!" Levana snapped at the voice and closed her eyes, trying to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a rough day.

6