19. NOT Part of the Plan
117 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Levana smiled as her body began adapting to the horrible situation she had put herself into. The whole process hurt a lot but she had long learnt how to dull her pain receptors. Did she even have any as a goddess? Maybe it was all just in her head.

For the first time in a while, she moved her body. She removed her right arm from holding up the sky and looked at the palm of her hand through the tears of molten glass. Immediately, the sky seemed to get heavier.

Aided by fate, her muscles ripped and regenerated faster than they should be, increasing her already supernatural strength to levels that shouldn't be possible to achieve through just training. Golden ichor leaked from the pores of her skin as she pushed herself against the weight of the sky.

Through the haze of pain, she noticed the titans yelling at her. It took her some effort to get her thoughts straight to understand what they were saying only to figure out that they were telling her to stop emitting heat. Though she didn't really want to stop, she did as she was told.

Why?

Because of the blonde girl. She wasn't allowed to kill the blonde demigod. Fate would attempt to rebel against her if she did. 

So, no.

She would follow fate's whims for now. It seemed to be on her side for now and Levana really wanted to keep it that way. At least for now.

The titans seemed to calm down when she turned down the heat. Rather than stop emitting heat, Levana just made sure that the heat did not escape a certain distance away from her.

So, using her last prepared spell, she created a nice Levana-shaped barrier around her. The magical barrier traced her figure but was half a centimetre away from her skin. Any traces of clothing was instantly burnt off her body from the spike in temperature.

Not just clothing, but everything started burning. Levana began screaming as her body began vapourising in her self-made furnace. Or rather she tried to scream but nothing came out of her mouth. As her body melted or vapourised, fate intervened and forced her body to regenerate. 

The body, mind and soul exist in a trinity that all thinking beings require lest they die. Without a body, the soul and mind would wander the Earth unable to interact with it, was that living? Without the mind, could the person still be called a person? Without the soul, the mind would collapse and the body would cease.

These were all things that could have happened to Levana had fate not intervened. Yet, fate still had plans for her and would not allow her to die before she had played her part.

Unable to continue holding up the sky as her body broke down, the Levana-shaped barrier held it up. Small fractures formed on the barrier as the sky pushed against it.

The titans seemed to stumble over themselves as they tried to reach the sky before the barrier broke. Having the sky fall upon the Earth would cause a catastrophe that even the titans didn't wish for. However, just as the barrier broke, Levana rose from the molten puddle that she was and held up the sky.

Forged in fire, with the help of fate and an illogical thought process, Levana rose up stronger than ever. She had also attained a new domain from the ordeal. She had dominion over heat, not fire but heat.

Moistening her lips, Levana spoke.

"Atlas, the Titan of Endurance, it is time for you to keep your promise. I, the Goddess of Promises, order you to do so." As Levana spoke these words, she felt Fate's annoying chains of responsibilities fall off her body. Levana stepped aside as Luke Castallen was urged to take her place.

The remaining molten glass that had not been vapourised in her "forge" suddenly came to life and wrapped itself around Levana's body forming glowing armour on her and covering her lady bits. She absorbed all the heat that she and her new armour emitted to keep Luke from overheating. Then, she stepped away from her training tool, the sky.

She had thoroughly used, Ouranos. Even his body!

Levana let out a small laugh at the joke she made internally and patted the confused Atlas on his back. She understood that it was not cool to mind control the only titan that respected her but her other personality had already begun merging with her and had caused her morality to go slightly askew.

Yes, it was uncool of her. Don't worry, a queen rewards their subjects for a job well done even if they don't know why they did it.

" What did you do!" Kronos said calmly. Was that a slight growl in his voice that Levana had heard?

" Well, Titan of Time, I just milked your father for benefits. It is TIME to milk you too!" Levana said cheerfully, then she put a hand on her mouth and looked surprised.

" So, anywa-" Before she could finish her sentence, the ground rushed up at her pushing her through walls and right out of the palace. As this occurred, what Levana had feared would happen, happened. Fate intervened and slowed her enough that she could see but could not react to the attack from the Earth itself.

As Levana fell from the top of mount Othrys, she could only lament.

" F*ck, I knew everything was going too well..." Channeling her new domain, she heated the air beneath her. The hot air rose and cushioned and slowed her fall. She crashed into the ground but didn't break anything in her body. She didn't stay on the ground as she felt the Earth attempt to swallow her into the ground.

Displaying a large amount of skill, in her slowed perception of time, she channelled her heat to create a kind of wind funnel under her feat to push her above the ground to fly. Kind of.

" Fighting the Earth, huh... " Levana sighed as she watched as the ground attempted to grab her from the sky.

5