Chapter 19: Sacrificial Power ~ Illusory Realm of Self-Perfection (2)
257 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"For the love of Christ, will you stop flinging corpses around? It's unsanitary!" The second man, who was wearing a lab coat, declared angrily. "Fuck! My priceless lab coat has blood on it because of you."

The man, who was wearing a lab coat, suddenly grabbed the other man by the collar.

"Who the hell are you, bastards?" The golden-haired man demanded. His voice was hoarse due to his damaged throat.

Both of the men ignored him, instead focusing their attention on Ayame's body.

The man with the lab coat walked closer and inspected her body.

"What the fuck is this? Is this the patient?" He stared at Lin Feng with a look of complete bewilderment on his face, "You've gotta be shitting with me, Lin Feng. I might be a good doctor, but I'm not a god. Every part of this woman is broken. What the hell did you make her do?"

He took out his tools and started doing different kinds of diagnoses.

"Holy shit, this poor girl has been decimated to the point that all of her internal organs have been destroyed. How is it even possible that she remains alive and breathing? Even the kid you sent the last time, who was riddled with shotgun buckshot wounds all over his body, seemed to be in better shape than this kid."

"She used the Illusory Realm of Self-Perfection." Lin Feng answered his question.

"What's that?" The guy in the lab coat inquired as he turned back around to face Lin Feng, looking perplexed.

"It's a technique that allows you to ignore cultivation realms in return for sacrificing your body, and after several seconds to a few minutes, the user dies. "Lin Feng elaborated to him the effects of the technique.

"What? Are you fucking with me? There's no way that's possible," The man in the lab coat exclaimed loudly, shaking his head as if he had heard the most unbelievable thing in the world.

"It comes from a God-class scripture called the Asura Warpath Sutra. Do you really need me to explain how strange and powerful the techniques inside it are?"

He pondered for a moment before continuing, "Goddammit, Lin Feng. Why are you teaching those to kids?"

Lin Feng became silent and did not respond for a period of time after he had stopped talking.

"I did not teach it to her. I'm sure I have removed almost every technique in Asura Warpath Sutra before passing it to her. God-class scriptures have forbidden techniques that could kill its users, so I made sure to only give her the basic techniques."

"Then what? Are you trying to say she stole it?"

"No, I think," Lin Feng stopped once more before continuing, it was a notion that he wanted to dismiss, yet there was no other plausible explanation.

"I think she may have learned it on her own."

"That's impossible!" The man wearing a lab coat interjected.

He was about to tell Lin Feng how impossible his conclusion was when suddenly, he noticed Ayame's vital signs dropping.

"We have to get going. I can't treat this girl without the equipment at the base." He said, turning around behind him, but when he glanced back, he saw that Lin Feng was nowhere to be found.

"Fuck! Lin Feng, where did you go? We have to leave now!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, desperately hoping that Lin Feng would hear him.

After finishing his shouts and receiving no response, he cussed under his breath, "Fuck!"

After then, he realized that the guy with the golden hair was no longer there.

"Did he try to chase him? Fuck, he should have let the guy go away. With his qi reserve almost exhausted and his heart destroyed, there's no chance he could leave the forest alive."

After what seemed like an eternity, the individual dressed in the white lab coat eventually saw Lin Feng make his way back, this time lugging a big pot behind him.

He hurried to catch up to Lin Feng and immediately began shouting at him.

"What the hell was that about? Why did you disappear? And what's with that thing?" He questioned, still yelling at Lin Feng.

"It's a pill-making cauldron. Here, feed this to her." Lin Feng explained before handing out a red pill.

"Why would I do that? What kind of bullshit is this? We need to bring her to the intensive care unit at the base as soon as possible." The man with the lab coat argued.

"Just trust me and feed it to her quickly." Lin Feng urged.

The guy took the pill and examined its contents. Unfortunately, he was unfamiliar with the contents of the pill.

After that, he gave it to Ayame against his better judgment, and he watched carefully as her body began to heal rapidly.

Although Ayame did not regain consciousness, her body seemed to have been restored to a healthy state.

Her skin quickly returned to its normal hue, and the damaged tissue in her internal organs began to repair.

Her wounds were healed, and her heart had ceased its irregular beating.

It seemed as if she had fully recovered her health.

"What…the shit was that?! Where did you get that thing?" The man with the lab coat muttered to himself as he watched everything unfold in front of him.

"I told you, it's from the pill-making cauldron right there," he explained and pointed to the cauldron. "It's a potent artifact, that's for sure."

"No way!" He gasped.

"It's probably a lost artifact that was recently discovered," Lin Feng added.

"And what happened to the other man? You can't possibly tell me that he made it out of the woods already, can you? I had the impression that you were pursuing him." He prodded Lin Feng with questions.

"I threw his body inside the cauldron." Lin Feng said with a sneer on his face, "he won't bother us anymore."

He was met with a look of bewilderment from the person dressed in the lab coat.

"So that artifact's required materials is a live human?" The man with the lab coat stated worriedly.

"Exactly." Lin Feng cracked a grin.

"In any case, we need to go. You still need to do a proper diagnosis on her just in case something is wrong." Lin Feng spoke those words before taking a piece of paper from his pocket and tearing it.

In front of the two of them, a vortex formed seemingly out of thin air.

Together, they entered the vortex, which spun about them before abruptly stopping and disappearing without a trace.

They had entered an undisclosed island that served as a military facility somewhere in the midst of the South Pacific Ocean.

"I'm taking this girl to the medical center. Stop by later to check the report." The man in the lab coat said after they were back outside.

He gave Lin Feng a brief nod before turning and walking away.

Several days later.

Ayame opened her eyes and woke up with a gasp. She immediately sat up with shaky legs.

She discovered that an intravenous line had been inserted into her arm and was attached to a plastic bag carrying medicine.

She rose cautiously from the bed and assessed her surroundings before continuing.

"Am I at a hospital?" She wondered whether or not she should believe it was a hospital after seeing the immaculate white decor and arrangement of the room. "No, more importantly, who brought me here?"

She activated Meikyo Shisui, and it was quick to pick up on the fact that someone was getting ready to open the door.

Ayame, fearful of what was about to happen, made a break for it behind the door and raced as quickly as she could.

When the door was opened, the person who opened the door saw right away that the patient had vanished.

"Where did she-" The unfamiliar man spoke before being interrupted. His eyes widened when he realized that Ayame was about to attack him.

"Uggh!" He groaned after he got struck in the balls.

The subsequent agony caused him to fall to his knees.

Ayame started to strangle the guy who had fallen to the ground, and then she began questioning him.

"Who are you?"

"Where am I?"

"Who brought me here?"

Ayame asked several questions without stopping.

Due to the lack of oxygen in his lungs and the discomfort in his groin and neck, the guy was unable to utter a single word.

"Tell me, now!" She yelled at him furiously.

"Hhmmm..." The man struggled to say something.

After a few seconds of silence, the man finally found his words, "Lin... Feng."

When Ayame heard the name, she immediately froze, but then she regained her composure.

She released her grip on his neck and pulled her hand away.

"Fuck!! Lin Feng doesn't pay me enough for this shit." He shouted with a pained expression as he got up from the ground.

He held his crotch, feeling pained by the experience of getting kicked in the balls.

"How long has it been since I've been unconscious?" She asked.

"Nearly a month."

 

If you have any complaints, suggestions, and compliments please feel free to write it down on the comment section.

Also hey how about donating 2$ on my Ko-fi to help me feed my catgirl addiction.

10