Chapter 20: Eclipse
318 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Goddammit." The unnamed man said as he suddenly let out a sigh.

"Come with me. I'll take you to Lin Feng."

Without making a sound, Ayame followed the unnamed man.

She meticulously observed the routes they followed through the building's maze of corridors, as well as the rooms they visited and the individuals she saw.

They went outside of the medical facility.

"Is this a military base?" She asked the question following her observation of the structure of the exterior environment,

There was a stretch of road that looked like an airport runway, thanks to the white symbols that had been painted on it.

In addition, there were other big structures throughout the neighborhood that had the same style and seemed to be elongated igloos. These buildings were located in the vicinity.

The area was surrounded by a variety of military vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, and other vehicles.

"Yes, but I recommend calling it a terrorist base." He said before turning his head to look at her.

After a brief period of time, an automobile pulled up.

It has the appearance of a lightweight military buggy with six seats and a design that has open windows.

The unnamed man entered the car.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go!" He yelled in Ayame's direction.

She sat at the rearmost position of the vehicle.

"Bring us to the administrative building." He addressed the soldier who was driving the vehicle.

"Affirmative." The soldier replied.

Along the way, the soldier attempted to strike up a conversation with the unnamed guy in the lab coat.

"Err, who's the girl? A new recruit?" The soldier inquired about it.

"Yeah," He answered as he was staring out the window and attempting to avoid making eye contact.

"You look a little tired, sir," The soldier commented.

The unnamed man was silent for a few seconds before he answered, "Yeah... I am. The 10-hour shifts and getting hit in the balls and choked by a patient have been taking their toll on me."

Ayame let out a nervous chuckle.

She mumbled "Sorry" with an expression of regret.

They arrived at the location rather quickly.

Both the unnamed guy and Ayame got out of the vehicle and walked toward the administrative building.

They were led to the room where Lin Feng was supposed to be waiting for them.

"Greetings, Ayame, and thank you for making your way to the South Pacific Military Base of Eclipse."

Lin Feng gave Ayame a kind smile and greeted her.

"So, are you ready to join us, Ayame?" He inquired while holding a card in his palm.

"Uh, sure. So, tell me, what exactly does this 'Eclipse' do?" Ayame asked with a puzzled expression on her face, cocking her head to the side.

"Our organization is a private paramilitary company. A band of mercenaries and soldiers of fortune. No matter how dirty it is, as long as they are willing to pay for our services, we will take care of it. It makes no difference if they are affiliated with the government or are other terrorists. We are able to send a single, a squad, or even a whole brigade depending on the specifics of the request."

He answered in a level-headed manner.

"So, are you giving me an assignment right away?" Ayame said while her gaze was riveted on Lin Feng.

"No, not for now." Lin Feng shook his head.

"Oh."

"How about you focus on cultivating for the time being?

In a couple of months, you're going to participate in a competition, right?"

He asked.

Ayame gave a little nod of her head, but then she abruptly remembered something.

"Hey, what happened with the cauldron?" She questioned him urgently.

He let out a soft laugh. "It is stored in the private armory that I maintain. Would you be interested in having it?"

"Ah, no, keep it. It is safer here." Ayame gave a slight shake of her head.

Lin Feng nodded in agreement and said, "Alright."

"Take this." He threw a cube he took from his drawer.

"What's this?" She made a move with her hand to take the item.

It had a soft, silky, and icy texture.

"This is known as a pocket cube. You are able to put whomever you want inside it. Be careful since there is a limit of fifty individuals that can fit inside. And this is your identification card. You'll need it to access your sleeping quarters as well as while you're buying food."

Lin Feng had warned her.

"How can I put this to use?" Ayame took the ID card and the cube off the table.

"First, place the back of the cube into the person's back or stomach while they are unconscious, and then press the button on the top of the device."

"If you ever need help, just ask anyone in the base, even the supreme commander. She seems to know you a lot." Lin Feng stated.

The identification card was examined by her.

There was no photo of her on it, and her name was not even listed.

It only had a string of text, the group's name, which was Eclipse, as well as QR codes.

[C137-0601-0104-06]

"Okay." Ayame made a very modest bow with her head.

After that, she walked away without looking back.

However, before she could leave the room, she needed to ask about something.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I totally forgot to ask where my living quarters are."

"If you exit this building, go and enter the fourth building from the left. Just follow the corridor until you arrive at an elevator. Use the elevator to reach the basement 3rd floor. After that, keep walking the corridor until you find the door marked with your codename. There should be a bed and a small shower there. If you want food, go to the cafeteria near the entrance." Lin Feng told her.

"Thank you very much. And, just in case I forget, please remind me when it is time for me to return and participate in the competition. " Ayame waved him farewell.

Ayame strolled along the street after leaving the administrative building until she reached the fourth building.

There were several doors on both sides of the corridor.

She discovered the cafeteria entrance and entered inside, where she spotted numerous soldiers who appeared like hardened criminals seated at tables and eating. Some were wearing armor, and others wore casual clothes. A couple of them had guns strapped to their waists, and some carried knives while drinking beer or smoking cigarettes.

They were all looking at her with strange expressions.

Ayame approached the worker in the cafeteria and checked the food that was available.

After she had finished making her selections for what she wanted to eat, the employee scanned her identification and then placed her meal on a tray for her.

Ayame walked up to a table in the area and sat down there.

She started chewing her food.

"Mmm… good stuff!" She mumbled between bites.

After a little period, two men approached her from behind.

They sat down next to the chair she was using.

They were enormous, ripped, and towering above everyone else.

Ayame asked, "What do you want?"

Both of the men let out a hearty chuckle.

"Delicious meal. You seem pretty rich. Are you the commander's cumslut?" Both men laughed. Their voices sounded rough.

Ayame continued to chew on her meal as if she had been unaware of what he had just said.

The guy who'd spoken first continued laughing. "You don't seem to understand what we're saying. We're going to make you our slave, bitch. Don't worry, though; we won't hurt you too badly. On the contrary, you'll be forgetting the commander's dick soon."

One of the men grabbed her by her hair.

"You have a really adorable face. I have a feeling that the two of us will have a fantastic time together." The second guy had a malicious smile.

"Sure," Ayame answered indifferently.

The second one stood up and urged Ayame forward after saying, "Ohh, let's go."

She chuckled to herself as she got up from the chair, moved closer to the men, and smiled.

Ayame seemed to be getting ready to give someone a kiss by shutting her eyes, turning her palms up, and raising her hands over her head.

Just as their faces were going to contact with each other, in the blink of an eye, Ayame delivered a penetrating knee strike towards his head.

When her knee made contact with the man's jaw, it rendered him unconscious.

His partner tried to punch her.

But Ayame evaded it easily.

"Try harder. Or are you a one-pump chump like this guy?" Ayame taunted him.

There was a third person there who had shown up to provide assistance to him and was attempting to grasp her arm.

However, she dodged it without any difficulty.

After that, he rushed forward and tried to grab her by the shoulder.

Ayame dove to the ground and grasped both of his legs.

She first took him down with a jiu-jitsu takedown, then she circled around him and finished him out with a soccer kick to the temple.

Three more guys were charging toward her now.

She took a few steps back before launching her Deathblow Knee Strike to the head of the leading guy.

His nose is gushing copious amounts of blood, and there is blood all over the place.

He was knocked backward and immediately lost consciousness.

Another one rushed forth and swung at her.

Ayame parried the blow with her forearm. Then she leaped forward and twisted her body, using her momentum to spin around, using her elbow to hit the side of the attacker's head.

As time went on, the other assailants were eventually defeated as well.

All six of the guys were unconscious and lying on the ground.

Ayame said with a smile that stretched from ear to ear, "A bit of a letdown, but that was fun."

Ayame got down on one knee next to one of the unconscious guys and inspected him.

He suffered severe wounds, and he required emergency medical assistance right away.

Ayame dragged the six of them outside into the street.

As she left the cafeteria, the remaining soldiers were doing their best to avoid making eye contact by gazing at the ground rather than at her.

She went outside and immediately started sprinting in the direction of the hospital when she left the building.

After leaving the building, she immediately started sprinting in the direction of the hospital.

It was distant but not so far that getting there on foot was physically impossible.

Ayame arrived at the hospital after an undetermined period of time had passed.

After being dragged on the pavement, the men she had attacked had much more injuries than before.

She entered the building and saw the same doctor that she choked.

"Hey, uhh- What's your name again?" She asked the unnamed doctor.

"It's Eun Sung-Ho."

Ayame nodded, "Okay, Mr. Sung-Ho, can I leave these guys to you?"

He sighed. "Of course," he replied calmly.

He stopped talking and stared at Ayame for a few seconds.

"So, what? Are you not going to explain what you just did you do to them? They're all fucking messed up. One of them even had a skull fracture!" Mr. Sung-Ho said furiously.

She shrugged and said with a condescending tone, "I just gave them a little concussive therapy to teach them what happens if you mess with a girl trying to eat in the cafeteria.".

Mr. Sung Ho just looked at her in silence and sighed, "Haah… okay…" he muttered.

12