An Eye Opener
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Loyd's consciousness drifted back into the waking world, he found himself greeted by the familiar glow of the system window hovering above his bed. Its message glimmered in the dim light of his room:

"Congratulations. The Tutorial Is Now Over."

"Terminating Guide."

"Welcome to the land of Heroes."

Another window materialized alongside the first, its contents obscured by strange symbols and cryptic characters:

"As you are not a constellation yet, you cannot view things like #̵̦͓̾̔$̵̼͖͉͐̀͑%̴̢̙͚͋͆͝%̴̟̘̝̓̒͝#̵̢̺̺̔̽̕!̸̢͖͕̽̾̚#̸͕̪̙̔̾͑ or #̵̦͓̾̔$̵̼͖͉͐̀͑%̴̢̙͚͋͆͝%̴̟̘̝̓̒͝#̵̢̺̺̔̽̕!̸̢͖͕̽̾̚#̸͕̪̙̔̾͑."

But before Lloyd could decipher the meaning behind these enigmatic words, the system began to glitch violently, its digital façade fracturing like glass. A sense of unease crept over him as the cracks spread, revealing a darkness that seemed to seep from within.

Then, from the heart of the glitching window, emerged a grotesque appendage—a demonic hand, its twisted fingers clawing at the fabric of reality. Lloyd's instincts screamed at him to retreat, to flee from the unholy presence that had invaded his sanctuary.

But before he could act, a new message appeared to his right, its words burning themselves into his mind:

"The one who wanders the cold hell invites you to his abode."

And just as suddenly as it had begun, the glitching ceased, the demonic hand retreating back into the depths of the system. Lloyd blinked, his heart pounding in his chest, as reality snapped back into focus.

For a moment, he lay there in stunned silence, his thoughts swirling like a tempest in his mind. What had just happened? And who was this "one who wanders the cold hell," beckoning him into the abyss?

But despite the uncertainty that hung in the air, Lloyd knew one thing for certain: he couldn't ignore the call to adventure, no matter how perilous the path may be.

With a steely resolve, he rose from his bed, his gaze fixed on the horizon. The land of Heroes awaited him, and whatever trials lay ahead, he would face them head-on, armed with nothing but his wits, his strength, and the unwavering courage of a true hero.

Lloyd's eyes widened in surprise as the card and talisman materialized in his hand, their presence adding to the mystique of the situation. With trembling fingers, he examined the card, its surface smooth beneath his touch. In bold, ornate lettering, it bore a single word: "Summons."

A shiver ran down Lloyd's spine as he considered the implications of the mysterious invitation. Was this the key to unlocking the secrets of the cold hell, to facing the one who awaited him there? And what of the talisman, its demonic aura pulsing with malevolent energy?

Though uncertainty gnawed at his resolve, Lloyd knew that he had no choice but to press onward. With a deep breath, he pocketed the card and talisman, their weight a constant reminder of the path that lay ahead.

As he prepared to depart, Lloyd cast a final glance around his room, his gaze lingering on the system window that had heralded the beginning of his journey. Though its glitching had ceased, he couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to it than met the eye.

With a silent vow to unravel its mysteries in due time, Lloyd stepped out into the night, his heart alight with the promise of adventure. The land of Heroes beckoned, and he would answer its call, come what may.

And so, with the card and talisman clutched tightly in his hand, Lloyd set forth into the unknown, his destiny waiting to be written amidst the stars.

0