Chapter 1 – The First Otherworlder, Jill Carter
60 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nothingness

Void

Those were the words I thought of after I died.

My name is Jill Carter, a former mage and professor of a university. Well, that was a really long time ago. It has been 32 years since I retired, and I am proud, as well as happy, to say that I lived a healthy and fun life.

I lived to the age of 92 years old, which is a very respectable number for an age. I can say that, even though I died of old age, I am satisfied. Besides, every person will eventually die, right? And to die of old age, that meant that I only died because the human body was that way biologically, and I didn't get into an unfortunate accident or contract a nasty disease or anything of the sort.

Well, back to my current situation, everything is void. I see nothing, hear nothing, smell nothing, feel nothing, you get the idea.

"So, this is the afterlife, huh...", I muttered to myself, not expecting a reply. But then...

"Indeed it is, young one"

I heard the voice from behind me. I turned around, and suddenly I was blinded by a white light.

When my vision came back, I saw a young man, who looks to be around 25 years old, wearing a white shirt and black long pants with black shoes, as well as a trench coat. He was grinning at me. We stayed like that for a while, before I asked him a question.

"Is this the afterlife?"

"Hmmm... I guess, from the world you are from, it would be called something like that." Answered the young man.

"So, are you god?"

"Based on your concept of god, I guess you can call me god."

After his reply, we both stayed silent for a while, before I asked another question.

"Sooo... Why have I been called by god himself?"

He flashed a grin before replying

"Basically, I saw something interesting in one of the worlds I created, and I wanted to mess around a little. So, I was searching for a soul to send over to that world. All for my entertainment."

Hearing his reply, I was surprised and confused.

"Another world..?"

"Yep. Your world isn't the only one, you know. Well anyway, going to the main point, before I send you there to be reborn as a baby all over again, is there anything specific you want to request?"

I started thinking for a while.

"Can I choose to be reborn without my memories?"

"Of course."

"Then how is it supposed to be "entertaining" for you, if I don't remember anything?"

"Well, should you choose to be reborn without your memories, I will give your new self very powerful abilities, that is sure to shake up that world. Of course, even if you choose to be reborn with your memories, I can still give you all that."

"Hmmm... Well, I guess that would be pretty interesting for you. Can I choose to be reborn without my memories, but after I reach, say, 20 years old, I get them back?"

When I said that, he nodded his head.

"Ok then, I will get you reborn without your memories, but I will let it go unselaed when you are around 25 years old. Anything else you want to ask for?"

"I wonder, what are the races in that world? Wait, what is the name of the world in the first place?"

"To answer your second question, the name of the world that the primordial beasts decided was "Fanctus". As for your first question, tell me what you want to be reborn as and I will find a similar race for you."

"Well, okay, I want to be reborn as an elf. My grandchildren often tells me her dreams of wanting to be an elf, and I am interested in becoming one now that I have the chance."

"An elf huh... Well, in that world, I guess the filts are quite similar to the elves you are thinking about. They have long pointed ears, generally long-lived, and are almost always beautiful. Also, they are born with a great connection to the archaic system."

"The archaic system?"

"Basically the laws that govern Fanctus. It's pretty much like the magic of your world, just slightly different."

"Ah ok. Well then, I guess you can send me o- Ah, before that, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"What is your name, if you have one?"

"My name huh... Well, I don't really have a name, so you can call me... Zeta. Call me Zeta."

"Well then, Zeta, send me off to Fanctus, please."

"Sure thing. Good luck, and make it fun!"

And with that, I was once again blinded by a white light and I feel my consciousness fading.

0