Chapter 03: The enslaved ones seek liberation
29 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[6 months later Tonegawa Castle]

"How is it going?": Gozai, one of the dungeon guards asked. Gozai's life for the past half a year was tedious, he and his team were elite Shinobi but they were tasked with training, educating, and looking after this brat.

The shittiest part of the job was that at first, he was just assuming that he was going to be teaching a little kid but later on he pretty soon came to realize that no matter what field he tried teaching to the little bastard he has already knowledge of it.

The annoying brat was ahead of even himself in many of the different studies, at times he even felt like he was not dealing with a little brat but one of those old Kage-level monsters but then came to his lack of knowledge about common sense.

The brat didn't know shit about chakra, Ninjutsu, most common Taijutsu styles, the world, or even what year we live in, and which Clans fight against each other.

"Not very good the old Tonegawa is barely hanging on but this son of a bitch is still not broken yet.", came back a sharp reply from another one of the mentors.

Inside the little cell that was being guarded, a little child was chained to the wall and looked like shit.

Anyone could see at first sight that the boy was malnourished and mistreated for quite some time, his body was riddled with scars, and had a purple color on the places beaten by the guards.

'Hey Atsu, how much longer till you finish devouring that guy? Slowly but surely I am getting insane here.': Tenzen asked, the two of them after their initial cold start had begun to develop a serious friendship.

Ever since his first encounter with Tonegawa, which by the way went horrible, he has been either beaten up for insubordination or trained to the bones by these lackluster wannabe Shinobi.

As for why their meeting was a disaster, well because Tenzen asked if he can marry into Tonegawa's family but the asshole shot the idea down immediately by saying: "Young one, I think you are not aware of your current circumstances. You. Are. A. Slave. This mean's what you own belongs to me, what you belong to me, and no matter who you become you still belong to my family and me. So why should I let you marry someone from my esteemed family?".

And then began the gruesome training, as they love to call it, but in truth, it is just beating you into submission.

The old bastard Tonegawa once nearly had a stroke because he found out that Tenzen could use his Chakra for neither [Ninjutsu] nor [Genjutsu].

Tonegawa was livid because of this information and so he caned Tenzen for hours as if caning the boy would magically make him able to be able to use ninjutsu.

Only hours later did the old fool stop but even then he was angry, and only after calming down, he decided to double Tenzen's training.

Any forms of necessary knowledge were forcefully taught to Tenzen such as survival Techniques, Acting lessons, Infiltration, trap building, Weapon smithing, Martial Arts, and anything that is known to mankind to efficiently kill or escape, all to accomplish his missions.

The old man saw that Tenzen already had too much knowledge/talent, so he tried to unearth it all for his Clan and his descendants.

He even went so far as to employ a crazy Fūinjutsu-expert to place some kind of seal on the boy's body, now Tenzen for the very first time in both his life's had a Tattoo, and unlike what he expected didn't choose the design.

On his back, there was now a dense row of seals that resembled a spider if one looked at them from some distance.

The main function of the seal is to deal as much pain as possible once activated, and to pinpoint his location at all times just in case he ever tries to be insubordinate or try to escape, the old man paid a lot to get this seal designed but because Tenzen cannot use Ninjutsu it was still affordable.

'New Tenzen, I need a bit more time maybe six months to a year.': Atsugewi finally replied after musing about the situation.

'Why so long?'

'Well, I am already 75-80% done but this guy's instinct's kicked in, and he realized that his existence is threatened if he ignores me, and now he is fighting back but it is a vain struggle. Hehehe.': Atsugewi was excited because if he manages to take over this one's Domain he will finally be free from the shackles of his lowly birth.

Minor Demons like Atsugewi had rarely a chance to escape their shackles, and gain freedom or a body of their own but if this plan succeeds then Atsugewi has a very high chance of being released from Tenzen.

As if a Demon would ever be satisfied with always staying imprisoned inside a little brat, it was humiliating enough with the old Tenzen but at least that guy was easily enough manipulated into a somewhat decent minion/madman but the new Tenzen is different be it his unique body or his mind.

In any world be it Bailed's, the Shinobi world, One Piece or some other one, there always will be plots because people seek for freedom from being repressed.

Even if the repression has a purpose to it, it still never will be accepted because all sentient being has one thing in common, and that is their subjective view of the world.

Tenzen seeks freedom from being a slave so that he can go and explore this new world, Atsugewi seeks freedom from always being beyond to a host, and Tonegawa seeks freedom from his own set of fears by taking the risk of enslaving a demon to protect his Clans interests.

"Hey Brat, It seems like the time has finally  come to prove your worth!": Gozai said.

"Huh?! Does that mean I can finally get out of here?": Tenzen asked, he already assumed that at some point he'll be released because what's the point of having a slave if you don't put him to work?

"Haha yes, you finally have a mission let's see how all that training we put you through and all that knowledge you were taught works out in the field.": Gozai said with a smirk because he was looking forward to seeing the little monster in action.

After being released and equipped with a sword, a bow, and some necessary items such as clothes, food, and so on he was brought before Tonegawa.

"Boy, it seems like the time has come to prove your worth. You'll be sent alongside Gozai, and his team but they're just there to observe your mission is to attack and annihilate a merchant and his family.": Tonegawa explained the mission.

"Is killing the whole family not a bit too much?": Tenzen asked, and immediately his nerves were flooded with pain. 

"You only speak when allowed!": one of the people said.

"Hah hah may I speak?": Tenzen forced himself to ask.

"Speak."

"Is it not a bad idea to annihilate the whole family? If we let the family stay alive they will find out who ordered the kill, and if we play out cards we can extend this feud for years, and suck both sides dry of a major part of their earnings we would also get more work, be it for protection, guarding, sabotaging or sth. else but if we clean up their enemies completely what reason would they have to employ our services?": Tenzen explained.

All the people present were seasoned killers but not one of them was a merchant or had knowledge of managing finances, and this is also why this clan eventually vanished because they were too extreme in their moves, and left little room for themselves to maneuver.

They created too many enemies for themselves by accepting such idiotic missions that other Clans would never take because it ruined business for everyone.

"Boy, who taught you such knowledge?": one old man asked.

"Huh?!? No one. It is just in my Clan people have different talents some are born to fight while others are not but even they have their own set of skills.": Tenzen was talking about the modern world because he never was even inside the Onigumo Clan.

"Mhh Tonegawa-sama, what the boy is saying has merit. We should even further fan the flames of hate amongst these little groups, and get more missions for ourselves.": another old man said quite excitedly at the prospect of earning more income for the clan.

"No! We have already accepted the deal! And our word will lose all value if we do not deliver but in the future, we will change our approach and our perspective on missions because indeed what the boy said has to merit to it.": Tonegawa said while looking towards Tenzen with a burning gaze.

'Hahaha, I knew it a lion begets no dog! His ancestor was a beast, and cannot have weak or stupid descendants!": Tonegawa taught.

"Okay. Old man, I am off don't die while I am not here.": Tenzen said before once more having his nerves flooded with pain.

'I swear to God if these old geezers keep on electrocuting me I will go insane, how the fuck can a little bit of ink under my skin deliver pain just because these people want it to! This is not scientific at all!': Tenzen kept on cursing inside his head.

Gozai picked up Tenzen's crouched body and carried him outside while being followed by his team.

"Hey Gozai, can you teach me Fūinjutsu?": Tenzen asked after regaining some of his bearings.

"No! It is the only knowledge that has been explicitly forbidden to be taught to you by Tonegawa-sama.": Gozai explained.

And then they began their journey.

3