Chapter 3
26 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What is that form!!!?! What's with this power!!" The fire demon yells out

"Can't you tell? I'm a hero"

The fire demon takes a step back as if realizing he's outclassed

"Don't screw with me!!!!! There's already a hero!!!!!!!" The demon yells

"That's right, but the hero we have now is one that can stop the four demon lords, but the reason why I'm here is not cause of that."

"You mean-"

"Yeah, The reason why I'm like this, Is because if there is demon king who can destroy everyone, THEN I'M THE HERO WHO SAVES EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING"

I walk towards the demon, he begins swings arms towards me as if to claw me in half, but to me it's so slow, all I did was step out of his range and with a single jab from me was enough to have him keeling over.

Before I deliver the final blow I hear a voice.

"Rai?"

I turn towards It's Lyle and sister May is with him, They must've came when they saw the pillar of light clear the fire eating the town.

The demon taking advantage of my surprise turn towards them and fires flames at them with extreme speed I take the fire aimed at them with my body.

"DIE!!!!!!"

Because of my suit I take little to no damage, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried for them when the demon tried to kill them.

"Why aren't you dead!!! I know it connected!!!"

"...."

This bastard must've fired at them so I would take the hit, Despite that all I feel is not pain or scorched flames but instead a burning rage at myself for not killing it sooner and at this monster for even considering of firing at them.

"Say something damn it!!!!!"

The demon cries out

I press the sigil on the belt two times in a row

"MAX FINALE!!!!!!!!!!" The belt noise says

I can feel the energy flowing through me I jump towards the demon with a spinning right kick. landing the kick cleanly on it's jaw then sending it flying at a monstrous speed.

Turning away gracefully I hear his death throes shortly followed by an explosion.

[Sacred artifact: Heroic Belt LVL up]

*You now have weapons Max sword and Max bullet.

*One more power slab obtained Max Flame.

A power slab? Whatever, that doesn't matter right now, I could feel myself get stronger.

  More importantly I turned back and I saw Lyle and sister May

"Rai..."

Sister May spoke

"You're the hero now"

She continued

I powered down, removing the suit.

"....I had only realized just now, I'm sorry."

I replied, I had felt ashamed that sister saw me like this. I was achieving a long lasting desire of mine I thought I have given up. Especially when I had believed that becoming a hero didn't matter to me.

"You don't have to apologize if you didn't save us, everyone would've ended up much worse." Sister May had said smiling at Lyle

Sister May then looks at me and with a smile.

"Let's go home and explain everything, I already knew I'd see you off one day! It's common sense not to keep a hero on a quest chained down!"

___________________________________________________________________________

The next morning I had explained to the others at the orphanage what had happened and my sacred artifact.

0