Chapter 3 : Cruel Kindred (3)
195 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Although she hasn't stole it, that's...mine!”

Penelope had always swallowed her anger, but this time she finally couldn't take it anymore. How was this her mother? Completely siding with a stranger and ignoring her woes. 

Contrary to what she expected, Kristine still hadn't expressed any motherly concerns. She rocked her head in frustration and yelled at Penelope, “Is that what I am hearing young lady? You. Are. Not. An. Elder. How dare you speak to me like that!”

“But I'm sick of it, you don't understand me at all. All you have in your mind is May. Aren't I your child!?” Penelope yelled back, screaming at the top of her lungs. Her curly butterscotch hair scattered on her forehead and on her shoulder. Her face had already turned red. She hasn't yelled back at her mother, this was an exception.

“Insolence!” Kristine rushed forward and lunged a slap on Penelope's cheek. Penelope least expected this and was immediately flung to the ground. Therefore explaining how much force Kristine had enveloped her palm.

“Auntie, auntie, you two don't fight anymoreee.”

“Oh May, I'm very sorry you have to see this.”

“Auntie, Big Sis Penelope hadn't meant to start a fight. Let her have this pendant back, May has understood the meaning of sharing is caring.”

“No, no, no, don't bother about it May. She deserves it.”

Penelope overheard their conversation and lowered her head dejectedly. She missed her grandma. Grandma would always protect her. 

Kristine looked at Penelope again and ordered, “Go back to your room, don't leave unless I tell you so.”

Penelope nodded her head obediently as she went up the stairs. As she went closer to her room, she looker back at the two downstairs with a peculiar glare in her eyes. A moment later, a streak of tears dropped onto her cheeks.

Life before May came was bearable... Whimpered Penelope as she shut her door. There were ton of pent up emotions stuck inside herself and it was painful. Her institution was right, something was amiss. 

Why had May not remain at her home? 

Why did she have to come here? 

She doesn't live here, she 1 Penelope does. 

It's so unfair. She was being treated like a stranger in her own home. If only Penelope's maternal grandmother Princess was alive, she would shield her from the cruelty of her parents. Just like what was done when she was one year old...

Penelope slid down to the ground and embraced her knees. 

‘Life when the apocalypse came was beautiful.'

 Later, a voice stated.

...

“Today's date, September 16, 2014. At January 10, 2014 Someone accidentally let a virus loose. This virus was in a shape of a cone with a sphere inside of it. When the virus affects animals, it creates pre-death and revival, however the revival does not mean rebirth entirely.” Spoke a solemn voice.

“The subject of the virus enters a death state within 24 hours, but this is due to the little amount of virus implemented from the original virus. Research says that when the stronger part of the virus comes in contact, death within 30 minutes is predestined. Soon, they enter revival, nevertheless does not allow the once “dead” subject to regain their consciousness nor memories. Instinct is left within the body, and without any signal of the mind, causes a ton of deformities. Once, a rabbit was infected by the virus and ate it's mate. It showed disgust towards it's usual meal and had the constant thought of eating... —But further investigation led to the result that the virus is unlike the zombie virus from movies. If more experiments are made, we might discover a way to immortality.” 

“So your saying that other than the apparent factors of the rabbit being carnivorous and detesting it's vegetarian habit, it eats cooked food.” Spoke another voice.

The former voice replied, “Yes. However it is not clinically prove yet if the virus affects humans and/or if it's dangerous.”

“No, no, no. I mean, you are just staying put here while a virus who made a rabbit go cannibalistic is out loose?”

“It's not harmful to humans...–—”

“MARK, DID YOU EVEN READ THE NEWS?! THE VIRUS BROKE FREE AND A LOT OF ANIMALS WERE AFFECTED FIRSTHAND! PEOPLE HAVE ATE THE ANIMAL'S MEAT AND HAD GONE SICK!”

“...”

“THE VIRUS IS EXTREMELY HARMFUL TO HUMANS. THEY LOST IT!”

“What do you mean?”

“Animals do not have mind ability such as humans who have an advanced intelligent. These infected humans have gone insane and after a few minutes from their mental breakdown has transformed into cannibalistic man eating monsters!”

The man named Mark widened his eyes and his hands shook. His partner sitting across him was pulling his hair in fright and his glasses crookedly saddled on his nose. Mark covered his eyes before moving down to cover his mouth. Fuck.

That day, the entire nation fell into fear.2Explanation: The virus infected animals and the animals are either sent to other towns locally or sent via out of the country thus the virus completely enveloped the entire nation or even worse, the whole world. An example of this is corona. 

Hospitals were filled with sick patients and those patients later became zombies. They do not have self consciousness anymore. They brought danger, hazard and risk wherever they went. 

The government issued a notice that all vulnerable residents of the country should evacuate and gather enough supplies. However, the fast multiplication of the zombies was beyond human like means. 

The zombies find a person, they bite him, he dies, he becomes zombies, then the new zombie finds a person, bites her, she dies, she becomes a zombie and so on.

Updates 2 times per week. Thank you for reading. I apologize beforehand that I can't reply to messages cause my email is not confirmed yet. Anyways, another thank you.

5