Chapter 40 – Peter – Laredo City Part VII
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The heavy container truck slowly entered a ranch 30 miles north of the city while the whole city was on fire because city mayor got attacked by a group of heavily armed criminals. Officers with long and short guns surrounded the silent house tightly until SWAT officers arrived to the scene at fifteen minutes after the explosion. Because nobody was talking back, SWAT team’s captain Mev decided to forcefully enter. But he also had bad premonition that criminals might have already left the villa. But who made the officers who arrived earlier to tell him that four explosions occurred at the villa with 2 minutes interval times between each other and they all said that criminals were still in the villa. Just as he thought, he didn’t even meet with a shadow of criminal after they entered the villa. There was only one shaking old woman in entire house. Moreover, their entire action was live streamed by the local TV station with a civilian helicopter and almost everyone in the city and people watching their channel was amazed by their action. Some were already calling their friends and neighbors to protest and denounce the incompetent action of police at the next day.

At the same time, the truck carrying the missing mayor and the criminals stopped in front of a barn. It is the ranch owned by a member of Iron hands gang which they normally do illegal activities and it was provided to Peter for their actions. A middle age man who dressed up like cow boy came out of the barn and greeted the bearded truck driver who was getting out of the cab. He walked to the back and opened the container door. Under the dim light, he saw several big guys in armors, a man with black sack on his head and well known little princess Emma. He waved at Emma and said calmly, “Follow me. I’ve prepared the place well according to your needs.”

Peter stood up, walked to the door and jumped out. His heavy landing made the man in cowboy dress backed a few steps directly in fear that the armor man might accidentally fall on him. Peter stretched and moved his body while glancing around. Ronald and other guys also jumped out one by one. Ben gestured Emma to go out first and pulled the arm of Joseh to make the latter stand up. Because he couldn’t hear anything nor talk anything due to the armor, he could only do physical guidance. Only after Emma got out, Ben pushed Joseh to the exit and pushed him down. Joseh suddenly kissed the hard concrete ground but he stood up hurriedly after making a groan. He was scared and afraid that he would be suddenly killed. As a high ranking person who has many things to enjoy, he has always cherished his life. He was still figuring out a way to get out of the sudden situation alive. With his old bones, he also doesn’t want to get beaten. But soon, he was pushed towards somewhere and he could only helplessly walk towards there.

After a moment, Joseh was tied on a chair facing two video cameras with a white curtain behind him as the background. At that time, the black sack was already taken off so he could look around the place which he was in. There were seven people, six armored men and a man in cowboy dress. Joseh couldn’t tell where he was exactly at but he noticed the only man without armor on him. It was the middle age man in cowboy dress. His nickname is Red Judge. He is a very popular man in the gang and he is someone feared by criminals and enemies of Iron hands gang. Unfortunately, Joseh didn’t know him at all although he was thinking about this familiar man. Red judge was here to assist Peter’s squad and as a jury from Iron Hands gang. Under the bright light, Red judge operated the video cameras and gave okay gesture to Peter who was patiently waiting at the side.

When Peter saw it, he nodded towards Ben and took out a red potion from his space ring while walking towards Joseh. Ben also followed him. They looked mighty and stood on each side of Joseh. The latter looked at the big guys and big guns in their hands while calming down himself as much as he could. Although he was forcing himself to believe that those criminals were only kidnapping him for a ransom with a certain condition and not going to attack him, it still didn’t prevent him to fear about his fragile life. A random stray bullet could take away his precious life and Joseh was really scared for that.

Peter pulled out the cork and held Joseh’s jaw with one hand. He forced Joseh to open the mouth and poured down the entire red potion into it. Not even a single drop was wasted. Joseh who was horrified by the sudden rough action could only swallow the unknown liquid down with anger and fear. Although Joseh swallowed the potion, Peter still continued to hold Joseh’s jaw tightly with his big armored hand for another minute in fear of him coughing out the potion. As soon as Peter’s hand left his jaw, Joseh leaned back on the chair and gasped for air desperately. It was not he was choked but he was scared to mess up in breathing.

Looking at Joseh between two big armored men, Red judge didn’t forget about his job and started asking the questions, “Who are you?”

“Joseh Celric Trueman.”

“What do you do for a living?”

“I am a politician with Juris Doctor degree from Yale. Now, serving as the 39th mayor of Laredo city, Webb county, Texas.”

“Talk about your family.”

“I have a wife, a son, a daughter and two lovers at the outside. My wife name is.”

“Stop. Let’s talk about other things. Do you know a man named Robin Witherwood?”, asked Red judge again while looking at the paper full of questions. At that time, Joseh was already scared out of his shits. He suddenly found out that he was willingly giving out the true answers strangely. He wanted to try to stop talking in fear of leaking out important things but he noticed that he could not stop it in horror. As a smart politician, Joseh immediately realized the motives of criminals who raided his house with heavy firepower to kidnap him. And he also understood that it was already too late to do anything. Now, all he can do is just to hope that these criminals would not ask something important. He also knew that his hope was slim due to the strange potion he was fed. Joseh thought that he was targeted by enemies of those strange mages. Nevertheless, he continued to answer the questions with fear in his eyes,

“I knew him. He was a target of organization so I solved him with some thugs I had over two months ago.”

“Do you know about missing young children?”

“Yes, I do. Our organization collects young children.”

“Talk about the detail.”, asked Red judge with a cold voice while controlling his anger. Joseh continued to give the answer truthfully.

“A member must collect at least two to three children from a county before new moon of every month and send these children to requested place. They would be shipped to another place by the middle men from there. Most of the times, we target children of single parents. They are easy targets and those single parents are also easy to solve. Sometimes, we get the goods from orphanages and those untouchable from other continents.”

Red judge got angry and shouted while pulling his revolver from gun belt, “Bastard! How dare you call them goods! These are the most innocent lives who are least deserved to suffer the pains of the society.”

Ronald on the side quickly rushed and controlled him so he would not do anything out of anger. Peter and other men just watched it coldly. Soon, Red judge calmed down, sat back on his chair and continued to ask as he understood that no one would let that bastard free after they finished the things, “What happened to those kids?”

“I don’t know. I am only responsible for kidnapping and sending them to required place.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because we get a magical potion at the new moon of every month from the organization and it can make us regain the lost young and strong body again.”

“What is your organization called?”

“I don’t know.”

“How long have you been in it?”

“Almost a year.”

0