Chapter 128 – Julia who wanted to fish
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Old bastard, your sins and filth disgust me. Stop acting. You know who we are and why we are here.”

Isolde stepped into the main worship hall and scolded the old man under the black robe.

“Haha, it’s a good joke, ma’am. I really don’t know who you are and why you are here. Our small church..”

The man stood up while talking as if he was surprised by the sudden visitors. Under the hood, his face wasn’t aged old like he sounded. It was unexpected but nobody here was mortal so they were not surprised.

With sun tanned skin without any wrinkles, black eyebrows and brown hairs, he looked like a healthy man in his peak period. Just when he turned around while saying something, a rain of bullets interrupted his speech. It was Peter who started shooting all of a sudden and his brothers followed too.

Fuck. These guys didn’t give me a chance to say something. The man wanted to scold.

But he wasn’t a dummy either. A black shield appeared in front of him instantly and resisted the bullets.

The steel core bullets with glowing runes inscriptions on them failed to penetrate the black shield and dropped weakly onto the stage after their forces were devoured by the shield.

Of course, they were not useless either as the runes consumed the energies in the shield for resistance.

When Peter noticed that their attacks didn’t show good results, he took back the gun into storage ring and summoned out his sword. It wasn’t the god given sword but the sword gifted by that old Nsak.

He put his spiritual power and activated the runes inscriptions on the sword while charging forward.

Suddenly, Peter raised his shield to withstand the incoming fireballs mixed with dark energies in them.

Two hits his shield and dissipated directly. A few other fireballs passed by him and flew to his brothens.

Dark energies in them disappeared after they clashed with the light energies in the shield and got neutralized. But some light energies stored in Peter’s shield were also consumed.

Peter suddenly realized that he didn’t have time to replenish the light energies of their shields.

After sensing the amount of light energies inside his shield, he shouted his brothers to end the battle fast.

Like the two fireballs which hit Peter’s shield, several fireballs also dissipated at the shields of Chester and other people. Two which went to Isolde were directly extinguished in a wave of her hand.

Ben and the other guys also sensed the amount of light energies in their shields and wanted to quickly finish the battle. But they didn’t switch to melee weapons and continued shooting the purification bullets.

While they’re pulling the triggers again and again, tens of ice cones flew towards the black robe man.

Isolde finally made her move. The black shield seemed like a paper in front of her ice cones.

The ice cones were condensed and came too fast for the man to even react to them.

These ice cones penetrated the black shield in a sieve and also penetrated the man behind the shield. They were then blown up.

The man was killed directly and became a pile of bloody residues.

Ironically, he got the same treatment of those innocent victims who fell into their hands and his remains fell onto the cold tiles of the stage just right in front of the statue of the world bearer he believed in.

But he failed to witness all of these because those ice cones directly destroyed his physical body and the explosion of divine power protype carried by the ice cones also broke his soul into pieces. Even his true soul wasn’t spared.

After his death, a large part of dark energies and red resentment energies started to turn into golden white positive energies and they flew towards Isolde and the eight knights at scene.

Instead of letting them enter their bodies, Isolde used her divine power to gather all of them and started condensing them into something. The unstable figure of a golden crystal with milky white mists inside was seen in the golden holo between her hands when Peter looked.

The remaining dark and red energies started to slowly scatter and spread around. But of course, Peter who was already in front of the stage wouldn’t let that happen.

So, he used the last bit of light energies inside his shield and summoned the purification holy fire.

The fist size milky white fireball flew towards the bloody residues of flesh, bones, internal organs, and brain. Then the flame started to spread on all of them and started burning brightly.

Those black and red energies floating in air and invisible to normal eyes were also caught in fire.

After the flame went out after a few seconds, Peter held the sword and stepped onto the stage. As for the shield, he felt that it couldn’t be used effectively anymore so he put it back into his tattoo and let it be nourished by his light energies.

Chester, Ben and the rest also spread around and checked the whole worship hall carefully.

Isolde glanced at the big statue and searched the entire cathedral with her divine sense.

After she found nothing special, she walked out to the outside while holding the condensed crystal.

“Villains die of talking much and virgins suffer from not taking actions.”

Peter muttered and looked up at the big statue. He spread his spiritual power and operated it as a radar again. But he still found nothing. The result really disappointed him even if he had already expected it.

However, he took this time’s experience as a lesson and didn’t choose to trust entirely on his spiritual radar anymore after that.

“Search every corner and every tile. They must be hiding somewhere and doing something sneaky.”

Then, he started slashing and stabbing the places which he thought that the hidden paths would exist.

“All church personnel and guardian spirits, come back to the square in front of the cathedral now.”

While everyone was busying, Angel Julia’s order suddenly appeared in their mind.

They immediately stopped what they were doing at the moment and rushed back.

At the square in front of the cathedral, five armored figures were standing peacefully after everyone dispersed to search.

The two at the left were standing slightly behind the three at the right.

Angel Julia stared at the several heretics chanting and portraying the strange magic circle with dark liquid and decided to call back everyone. Strangely, she didn’t bother to stop the heretics.

“Sister, what are we going to do with those townsmen rushing towards here?”

Angel Julia closed her eyes, took a deep breathe and said calmly, “We shall give them a chance. Show your identities and let them know their sins and how to repent by doing good things from now on.”

Angel Cyris pointed at the guys in the secret underground chamber and asked, “What about them?”

Angel Julia took out a milky white metal rod from her space ring and said coldly, “Grant them eternal death. Their souls have already been polluted deeply by that outer god.”

She held the rod and prayed softly while inputting her divine power into it, “Father, please protect us.”

Then, she released her hands. The rod shot a thick light ray into the sky and started glowing while floating in place and radiating the milky white light. The milky white light spread around and finally formed a light domain. 

With the floating rod as the center, the milky white light domain got a radius of ten meters.

Meanwhile, with the death of black robe man in the main worship hall, several heretics in the secret chamber also seemed to notice something and started accelerating immediately. They looked pale and became thinner like mummies as if they're paying a heavy price.

It was also at that time when Angel Julia used her divine sense and called back everyone.

Isolde arrived first as she was already coming out of the cathedral to inform about the black robe man and the blessing crystal she just condensed to the three angels. She was surprised to see the light domain but walked into it without asking anything.

Just when she opened her left hand with the crystal and wanted to tell about it, Angel Julia nodded at her and said, “I saw everything and I also know what you want to say. Keep it. It’s your reward. No one else deserves to take it.”

Isolde felt fortunate and put the crystal into her storage ring. In the past, mission leader would take the spoils so she was surprised. And, she also felt that she should give back something to those little brats later. After all, she also took away some energies meant for them.

The blessing crystal is a rare existence even the Gods want to have. One can only condense these crystals from two special spiritual energies of gratitude and thanks. It is also one of the things which Gods can't directly create them through laws and divine energy.

Moreover, to condense one, one also needs a lot of them.

After the black robe man died, those spiritual energies which came from the hatred and the resentments of those dead victims transformed into the purest special spiritual energies of gratitude and thanks towards the people who fulfilled their wish and ended that devil’s life.

And, that’s also how one can get them. It is the only way so blessing crystal is very precious.

Soon, everyone arrived and gathered together in the light domain. Nobody even bothered to question.

From the starting point of coming out from Daphne to regrouping in the light domain at the square, only several minutes passed.

But it was enough for nearest townsmen to arrive to the church. As for the other townsmen living in other distanced parts of the town, they were already on the way with vehicles full of munitions.

The ones who arrived earlier also didn’t directly come into the church and attack the hostile visitors. Under the led of the two nuns in black robes, they were checking their guns and waiting for their reinforcement patiently.

Both three angels and Isolde saw them and knew what they were doing. But they chose to neglect them.

Because a big guy was already in the net. Of course, only three angels were able to see the heretics in the secret chamber and Angel Julia was planning. As for Isolde, she didn’t even see nor notice the existence of the secret underground chamber which was dozens meters under the cathedral, not to mention what's going on inside it.

Her calmness came from her confidence of being a veteran demigod.

0