Chapter 132 – Undercurrents
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Undoubtedly, the news about the world bearer cult spread around fast even in the silent period without proper working internet and telecommunications which were only working in regional sector.

No one was manipulated to spread the story of world bearer cult but nothing can stop gossiping culture.

The heat of this topic was so high that half of the American continent would soon know about this in just a month because everyone started arguing after they talked about it with nearby people.

After repeated inquiries, they realized that those under the age of ten didn’t know anything at all.

Only those above ten years old passively received the strange memories about the world bearer church.

With different personalities, different ideas, different world they grew up in, different people had different opinions on this matter. Some felt that their privacy and rights would be violated by Gods.

Some felt that this kind of news should be shared more so everyone could avoid the lunatics.

Some believed that emergence of the so called Gods was not a good thing. They shouted that the mankind should be left alone and they didn’t need the protection nor the mercy of Gods.

They felt that Gods were obstacles to the evolution path of mankind and the science.

Another part believed that Gods were necessary for mankind. They opted that Gods of order would be the fairest judges with their omniscience insights so there would be no more injustice of mortal law enforcement system which was already corrupted deeply by the greedy and power hungry mortals.

Especially, the voice of latter group was actually becoming convincing as the current government had become bad and partial after years of decays caused by the militant faction which united the two major political parties. Almost nobody can refuse the temptation of benefits or the death threat.

Although this country has a good history of revolution and liberation, the two world wars had brought countless benefits to the militant faction. But this will stop if there is no more war. They don’t want it.

Even today, the country, which became great after uniting the whole American continent with the great ambitions, now have a lot of internal problems. Crimes are everywhere. They’re intentionally built.

As one of the four major super powers and as the first country in wealth and power rankings, it is a huge failure to be unable to provide its citizens with a good home, a lawful environment and a job.

Yes, the inflation and the financial crisis have bred countless hopeless criminals during these years.

This is the second year after the start of great depression. While the poor and the hopeless are jumping from tall buildings and bridges to end their depressed lives, the rich and the politicians are enjoying their life to the fullest extent. And, the riches are becoming richer while the poor became poorer.

A single fraction of their daily dinner party can liberate a poor family from financial hell for a year.

However, this has never been how the world works. Everyone will say they’re not obligated to help.

The riches support the politicians with money. The politicians will then put forwards new projects and laws favorable to the riches and elite class. Thus, the riches have a huge benefit from the country while the politicians are spending the tax payers’ money. The elites who work for them can also enjoy well.

The lawlessness was intentionally brought and adopted because there is something still threatening to their status and lives; the second amendment of this great constitutional republic which allows every sane adult to own guns. They know that a single bullet could take away everything from them.

They want to abolish it. They started controlling the public opinion after various researches became fruitful. But, not everyone is stupid and they also know that. So, they’re building a good reason for it.

During these years, everything was going well. Mental hospitals are slowly getting shut down one after another after they intentionally exposed some abusing cases of several mental hospitals.

The education system is also starting to get into the track they designed cleverly.

The experts working under them estimated that everything would be under their total control in just two decades. At that time, they will become shepherds and they will no longer have to hide anything.

As long as they want a fool to be a president, their brainwashed sheep will vote that fool for them.

Lunatics in need of mental health care will walk around freely and all they need would be to let them know a certain thing to achieve something. They will have endless killers who don’t need money.

But suddenly, they heard the news about the world bearer cult. It was unexpected because the rootless transcenders in contact and in business with them had never told them about the existence of Gods.

They had never thought that the new obstacle on their path to total authority would be that huge.

General Lee C. Thomas of Mexico state garrison force, which is being stationed at the huge base built in the good location forty kilometers away from Mexico City, is also one of those who became dissatisfied with some people called Gods sitting on their heads.

The base was in the radius of Angel Julia’s will so he became one of the people who knew it first.

Although most soldiers under him who knew everything about the world bearer cult hated the group of beasts of San Gualdo, General Thomas had a different opinion. He felt that police should be informed.

He believed that they were humbling their government and justice system and they were trying to take away the authority from their hands. Mankind will never surrender to Gods, he muttered.

He immediately contacted his upper layer of the private society he belonged to. In fact, these private societies are not secret things. They exist for better networking, background and benefit sharing.

These societies strengthen the existence of bureaucrats and families by providing a vast connection, insider news and a powerful background. It’s hard for a rootless official to climb up into a high ranking position without a society background. Because the cake is limited, every new party is their enemy.

After informing his society, he then contacted the Pentagon and informed his superiors about the whole story. The radio operators were long bought with money and power by him so everything went well.

After sitting near the old radio room for nearly an hour, the reply he got was just to stay quiet and forget about everything like as if nothing happened. No surprise, General Thomas was outraged.

He felt that there were probably a group of Gods’ minions inside the government.

The government is in fact the first party who knows about the existence of Gods and occult world.

And, everything involving with the occult world matters would be handled by sector zero, which is the most mysterious department of the government. Most people never know the existence of sector zero.

It was founded by the founding fathers of the republic when the nation was first established.

They record everything involving the occult world on physical papers known as MOWK files.

Not everyone can contact into these classified files under the code name MOWK series.

It doesn’t matter with whether one has a high rank or not. Even the president will know nothing if he personally doesn’t come into contact with mysterious cases involving the occult world.

Of course, even the members of sector zero can only have limited access to the files based on their ranking and branches they belong to. Even the top ranking members don’t know how many branches there are in sector zero and how many classified files under code MOWK exist.

But, their existence is deemed to be noticed by some caring people. Even so, these caring people only know the existence of sector zero and nothing else.

They tried and they are always trying to investigate sector zero but it still remains as a mystery.

When General Thomas went to the radio station, a burly man with resolute face walked along the underground passage leading to the underground armory. The name tag showed his name, Nicolas, and the stripes on the uniform showed that he was a tech sergeant. He’s on equipment maintenance duty.

Soon, he reached to a gate being guarded by four soldiers in full gear. After greeting each other, he swiped the lock with identity card, entered the password and stepped into it after the gate opened.

After the gate closed, he hurriedly rushed to a corner and pressed a brick with a white dot on it twice.

As if some mechanism was touched, the brick was pushed out and a metal handle was seen inside.

He caught the brick and pulled out the handle slowly at a certain constant speed.

At somewhere, he heard a small click sound and stopped immediately. Then, he pulled the handle right.

After that he pulled back the handle, pushed it back along the original path and fixed the brick back.

Then, he waited peacefully in that place. Nearly a minute later, the piece of smooth floor under him sank and dropped down like elevator. Several seconds later, it stopped and a passage appeared in front of him under the last rays of light from above. It was a corridor in the complete darkness.

But he stepped into it as if he could see through the darkness. He walked several steps forward and suddenly stopped. He then pulled down something with his left hand in the dark.

The light bulbs flickered and soon the whole corridor was full of light. It was the main switch.

0