Chapter 137 – Quiet days
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Flora! Didn’t dad tell you to not play with the bears? What if you got accidentally injured?”

Peter who had just come out of the drill ground didn’t have time to drink the already scooped water from the nearest fountain of life as he saw Flora riding the big black bear. He felt really helpless.

The girl waved her hand excitedly at Peter and patted the bear under her to move. The latter slowly moved towards the tomato field planted by Tina and several other women in the cabin community.

Now, the fort is divided into two main sections with the cathedral as the core in the middle. The west side is where the former rancher’s house was and it’s the place where the cabin community exists now.

Then, they got the huge drill ground in the middle between their cabin community and the cathedral.

Of course, it doesn’t occupy all the place. The drill ground is just at the left side of the road leading to the front gate of the fort. That well paved road built by Peter during the early days when they moved in divides the whole fort into south and north, two parts. The drill ground is at the north so there are still a lot of free lands around it at the north west region of the fort and the whole south west region is free.

The Amish people have moved into the east side of the fort and they only occupy the north east region.

They are occupying more lands than the cabin community because their houses are bigger.

After they moved in, the fort’s residential population surged up to nearly two thousand people from around two hundreds. But, this also emptied the local Amish community. They are now all in the fort.

As for the free lands of the fort, vegetable plants are mainly planted on these lands.

With magical existence of water of life, these crops are simply planting today and reaping tomorrow.

Of course, that is only the plants watered by high quality water of life so their number is too few.

Still, the plants can be harvested after a week. Normally, it takes at least two months for the plants from growing from the seedlings, reaching the right age, bearing fruits and to reaching time to be harvested.

Beside, reducing the crop period, the water of life also gives them magical recovery ability after being watered by water of life. Basically, these crops and plants became magic plants.

Although everyone in the fort accept all of these animals who came to live inside the fort as they are, the carnivores strangely changed their taste. Actually, they don’t even need to eat as long as they drink water of life. It gives them the best vital energy necessary to survive. Still, they chose to eat something.

Seriously, Peter felt funny as he watched the beautiful jaguar coming over with a big apple in her mouth. He felt ridiculous at first but then he remembered that the vegetables in the fort were magical.

After eating these fruits, radishes and plants in the fort watered by water of life and drinking the water of life from fountains scattered over the fort, the herbivores became stronger first.

The carnivores who arrived later tried fight and hunt down the herbivores who arrived earlier than them due to instincts. After failing repeatedly, the hungry carnivores got no choice but to try the fruits.

Since then, the family of jaguars started eating fruits. They even became so lazy to hunt the rabbits.

While thinking about the funny scene of the jaguars being kicked by small rabbits during hunting, Peter couldn’t help but started laughing. The female jaguar looked at the laughing human with strange eyes.

However, she chose to neglect the familiar human and leaped onto the thick reservoir wall, dropped the big apple in the mouth and lowered the head to drink the water of life. She acted really elegantly.

Peter stopped laughing and rubbed her head until she tried to attack him with her paws.

The female jaguar didn’t pursue further as she was already taught several times by Peter about who was the boss between the two parties. Peter also didn’t continue teasing the poor jaguar and sat down.

These animals are now becoming smarter and peaceful so you rarely see them fighting each other.

It is another peaceful day. He felt that he could continue living like this for decades.

Unlike the harsh environment of cities, Peter really loved living like this. But of course, he also understood that a normal person would never able to live like him for a long time.

Even he can only enjoy the moments like this for a while. His free days are either full of various trainings or sparrings with other brothers. Besides, he also occasionally needs to take on tasks.

Especially, various tasks about ghosts are alarmingly higher than before during these two months.

So, many brothens has to take these tasks from San Christobal church almost everyday.

Sometimes, a squad will do. Sometimes, several squads has to go out in a day. But task has rewards.

Life is always full of struggles unless you’re too lazy and easily satisfying with little things.

Even so, the lazy man still has to work and do things for his daily life if he doesn’t want to put more loads and struggles on the people who takes care of him. But, will he be willing if he loves them?

After enjoying the beauty of nature for a while, Peter touched his heart with his fingers and said,

“Praise you for another day. Praise you for your protection. Praise you for the resources. Praise you for your unconditional love. Praise you for everything. Thank you mother Tera.”

Then, he headed back to his home. As for playful Flora, he knew that nothing would endanger her.

After a while, Peter opened the blue door of the blue cabin house and walked in. Jenny loves blue color.

Unlike sixteen square meters cabin house with nearly three meters in high you can see from the outside, the space inside is actually bigger than that. It is the masterpiece of Jenny.

She confined and stabilized the internal space with special runes array and stretched and folded the confined space with spatial runes. Thus, the internal space of small cabin house had become bigger.

Of course, the knowledge involved in and the materials required are rare and expensive.

But, for them who have endless water of life, both of these things are not a problem.

Unfortunately, only Jenny can do it for the moment as one needs to be at least tier three to touch the spatial runes. As for the angels, everyone felt that it would be inappropriate to ask them.

So, Jenny became the glorious builder who was helping everyone by making their cabin home bigger.

Now, everyone is considering whether to let the Amish people rebuild their houses into cabin houses and then give them bigger internal space so the fort would be more spacious with only cabin houses.

Jenny and Tina silently glanced at their husband and turned back to the TV show.

Peter didn’t get annoyed nor angry at the two women in the living room. He calmly put the shoes in place and went into the bathroom to take a shower. Looking down at his strong brother, he felt bitter.

Jenny and Tina are now in the seventh month of their pregnancy. He has no choice unless he cheats.

After taking the cold shower for nearly thirty minutes, Peter came out with a towel on the shoulders.

Jenny and Tina turned their heads and looked at their man’s muscular body with bright eyes as usual.

At that time, the door was opened from the outside and Flora trotted in with Violet.

The two girls cheerfully greeted at the three and rushed towards the bathroom while leaving dirty footprints along the way. Peter shrugged and pointed at the floor full of dirty footprints.

Jenny rolled her eyes and cleaned the well polished wooden floor with a wave of her hand.

Peter nodded in satisfaction as the floor was clean and spotless again like mirror.

Well, he does has a reason because he had spent time in polishing the floor carefully.

The time has unknowingly come to December but unfortunately Chiapas state where they’re in does not snow. But it actually doesn’t matter much because they can snow it if they actually want.

Even, Peter feels that the current condition is much better as his two wives are going to give birth after another two months or so. Everyday, the sun shines warmly and everyone loves it.

After changing into comfortable set of loose shirt and shorts, Peter walked out into the living room and asked, “Are we having the dinner at home or cafeteria?”

Jenny took another potato chip from the chip bowl on her laps and said calmly, “Cafeteria.”

Peter looked at Tina and only to see the latter staring at the battle scene on the TV.

Sensing his look, Tina said while taking another slice of coconut flesh from the bowl on her laps, “Don’t look at me. Did you forget that we haven’t been cooking for once since we arrived here.”

Peter speechlessly shrugged and sat down on the free sofa. He wanna argue back at them based on the fact that they now got their own kitchen in the house and they could cook by themselves.

But, he still suppressed these useless thoughts and decided to eat another delicious meal at cafeteria.

He also took out a bag of potato chips from storage ring and started to eat while watching TV.

After a while, two little girls in clean pajamas came out of bathroom, they ran over and sat down on the long sofa. Before they took out their snacks from the storage bags, Peter put away his chips bag and said, “We have been waiting for you guys. Come on. Let’s go to the cafeteria for the dinner.”

The two girls threw several angry stares at Peter but they still honestly followed the team.

Jenny and Tina who found the actions of two little girls as cute smiled at each other and laughed softly while wiping their hands with napkins. Then, the family walked out of their home for dinner.

0