Chapter 138 – Flesh ball monster
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Check all the rooms. Catch all the evil ghosts you see. Don't let a single ghost escape.”

Peter grabbed the wounded ghost full of black air all over the body and stuffed it into the crystal orb.

The crystal orb seemed really very fragile and small on his hand covered by gauntlet. But, Peter knew that even if he held it tightly, it would not break so easily unless he applied a lot of force on it. This is a special item created mainly to catch ghosts and souls.

Peter put away the crystal orb and calmly walked out of the room. Fortunately, the door is big and tall enough to allow his burly body wearing the thick armor to pass through well.

“Second floor is clear.”

“Third floor is clear.”

“Basement needs backups.”

Hearing Mark’s request for help, Peter rushed towards the staircase while saying all the other people to get down to the basement quickly. Except for him, the other people were in a team to two.

Ronald and Allen went to the third floor while Ben and Glenn went to the second floor. Peter alone took care of the first floor. Mark was with Dale and they went to the basement.

They’re now in a mission which is to clean up an old style three stories building which is used as a motel at the downtown of San Christobal. It also has a well reinforced basement for storage and other facilities like laundry and a small kitchen.

According to the owner of the motel who issued the quest under the help of a priest, strange things started to happen in his motel five days ago. First, the building became colder than usual.

Then, some guests complained to him about their experience of being harassed by invisible ghosts.

He didn’t believe it at first as he only thought that these guys might be trying to scam his money.

After all, these guests really asked for compensation and he did has to pay them. It caused him some losses.

Moreover, he is a believer of Goddess Hera who is the God of marriage and protection so he believed that he and his property were protected by the Goddess Hera.

Next day, the cooks working under him told him that some meat in the cold storage room were strangely missing. He didn't care much.

On the fourth day. A cook who had been working under him for years also confessed to him that he fell unconscious for a while and found out by another cook while he was eating raw meat. He swore that it wasn't him. Then, he quit directly at that day.

Then, at that night, many people together fell into hallucinations of ghosts trying flying back and forth in the motel at the same time including him. Fortunately, for unknown reasons, they woke up after several seconds. They all rushed out. Nobody dared to stay in the motel anymore.

The motel owner was finally scared and he came to an understanding that there were really ghosts in his motel.

Bad luck hit him. But, the man instead got angry as he thought that his property was stolen and occupied by the ghosts.

Overnight, he rushed to the Origin Church and knocked the door of cathedral.

When he confessed about his experienced to the priest on duty, he was brought to the second floor to open a quest. Everything he had to pay was just donating a sum of money as much as he wanted to willingly. He gladly donated a thousand dollar.

According to the priest, his donation will become the charity for daily free meal to those in need.

The motel owner also peacefully went back his home to sleep. As for being scammed, he felt unlikely.

Really, Peter and his brothers arrived to his motel at the next day early morning.

The motel owner was still having his usual breakfast at the regular cafe and bakery two streets away at that time. He hurriedly rushed over when the cashier girl informed him.

When he saw the over two meters tall giants in cool armors standing in front of his motel, he was really surprised. At the same time, he immediately knew the identity of these people.

“Guardian Spirits”, almost everyone in San Christobal and nearby small towns are now very familiar with the name of these armored giants. At the same time, the Eternal Sun God has become well-known.

During the recent months, more and more supernatural cases have emerged like mushrooms and people were more or less suffering. When they were helpless, they realized that only the Origin Church was able to help them.

Not everyone knew the Origin Church at first but someone from the church would always come as long as they either reported about the supernatural case to the local police station or spread the news around.

Like that, Origin Church became slowly well-known as well as the armored guys called Guardian Spirits as these guys appeared to solve the supernatural case most of the time.

After contacting the motel owner, the typical smiling middle age Mexican man with sun tanned brown skin and beer belly, Peter led his brothers into the three stories building to clean up all filthy things on each floor. He didn’t want to waste time so Peter directly divided his team into four.

That’s how the previous scene occurred.

When Peter arrived at the basement, he immediately saw Mark and Dale who were fighting with an ugly monster full of flesh all over the body. It’s a huge body almost touching the ceiling. Well, it was probably taller them by two heads.

The basement is really well built and it’s built big and tall to store more items well.

With the rounded fleshy body full of red meat which looked like the beef and dozens of arms all over the rounded body, it has nothing looking like a human. Besides, it doesn’t even have head and eyes.

But, in the middle of the round meat ball, there is a big mouth full of densely packed sharp bones.

Peter felt really disgusted by its appearance. Nevertheless, he also noticed a big problem as bullets fired by Mark and Dale were not causing any effective damage on this flesh ball monster.

However, Peter was confident that he would be able to solve it easily because he could use energy.

With various thoughts, Peter immediately took out the sword given by old Nsak after he stepped into the basement and saw the problem. He was ready to kill the monster without wasting time and without giving it any chance although it's doomed to disappear tho.

At that time, the flesh ball suddenly mutated. One of the arms suddenly became bigger and longer quickly and swept Dale.

Peter slightly moved to the sight and dodged Dale who was flying over. His move caused the latter to crash into the wall. He knew that he couldn’t catch Dale and Dale wouldn’t be injured. So, why bother.

Peter activated the rune inscriptions of the sword and rushed over with the flaming sword in hand.

He passed Mark who kept firing on the meat ball monster swiftly and slashed at the monster in a very fast speed. The flesh slashed by the flaming sword caught on fire and the wound didn’t heal again.

But, the monster simply shed the wounded flesh and surrounding flesh together to the ground.

Peter was speechless but he wouldn’t just stand aside and watch the wonderful operation of monster.

He stepped forward quickly and stabbed the sword into the fleshy monster until only the hilt was left.

Under his thought and spiritual power input, endless flames emerged from the sword and finally the monster let out a soul stirring wail under the sufferings of being burned to the soul. The flesh ball also cracked and started to fall apart under the flames coming out from the inside.

Peter let go of the hilt and stepped back a few steps. Mark shot another purification bullet and cursed as it didn’t work again. Peter was speechless but he didn’t comment anything.

Mark was also complaining. They really met a strange monster in the basement unlike other guys.

When he and Dale came down and looked around, they didn’t see anything strange at first.

It started after they opened the cold storage to check inside. Good guy, what did he see? A meat ball actually rolled out. However, it got stuck at the door due to its large body.

He and Dale, of course, didn’t just wait and see the situation. They knew that anything abnormal was the problem so they started shooting anyway. At first, they thought that explosive bullets would end it.

As usual, explosive bullets serve the physical problems and purification bullets for soul type problems.

It was unexpected. They failed. The explosive bullets didn’t work well as usual and as they thought.

The flesh ball monster squeezed out of the door like slime and simply absorbed back the exploded pieces of flesh scattered on the ground. After that, arms started to appear on the surface and a mouth.

Fortunately, the movement speed also dropped a lot after it took that form so Mark and Dale were able to retreat while they kept shooting at the flesh ball monster.

On the way, they also switched to purification bullet but it still didn’t work. Moreover, explosive bullets still did some damage to the flesh ball monster but purification bullet simply failed.

The purification bullets stuck on the flesh and they were soon squeezed out to the outside.

Hearing the story of Mark, Peter was speechless. These two guys were really unlucky.

Ben and the other brothers also arrived at that time. Ronald cursed after seeing the charred meat pile on fire.

Peter calmly pulled out his sword and scanned the meat ball monster which had become meat pile.

Then, he pulled out a ring embedded with a red jade on it with his spiritual power from the meat pile.

Peter took it away as well as his sword and said while walking towards the exit, “Let’s go back. As for the cleansing, let the motel owner handle it. May the sun bless this place. Damn, I feel like I’m going veggie today. What about you guys?”

0