Chapter 139 – New Situation
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Peter handed over the crystal orbs and the strange ring to the beautiful nun at the familiar second floor of the cathedral, the quest for the day was considered as complete.

The rest of the day may be freely arranged as they want because the requirement is only one task every three days. It is not troublesome and they can consider it as moving rigid muscles and going out.

Of course, there is no such rule in Origin Church but it was intentionally created by Peter himself.

He felt that everyone should not be lazy at home nor only spending the time in training.

So after discussing with all brothers, he added that rule to their legion until San Christobal and the surrounding areas completely calmed down. However, there is no restriction on maximum tasks intake.

Unfortunately, Guardian Spirits are not poor. But, several half crazes take almost one task after another.

These guys only come back to Saint Julia Fort to rest and relax their mentality for a day and also to refill munitions and necessary potions especially water of life. Then, they go out for missions again.

Of course, Peter is not one of these craze certainly but he still decided to do at least one task every two days. He will train, rest, spend time at cathedral and accompany his family for a day and go out to complete a mission with his squad at the next day. He believes that resting is necessary.

After spending five minutes and writing down the process, he gave the paper to the nun and waited for his brothers. It wasn’t long. After another five minutes, they also handed their papers over.

While silently walking down the staircase, Peter’s phone suddenly rang. He looked at the contact and found out that it was captain Wick calling. He accepted the call and asked, “What’s up, Wick?”

After listening to Wick for nearly a minute, he thanked Wick verbally for the information, hung up the call peacefully and calmly put the phone back into the jacket’s pocket.

Peter looked up at the blue sky and said to his brothers, “We are in trouble.”

Ronald also raised his head to look at the sky according to Peter’s eyes and said seriously, “What did you find out? I see nothing in the sky. Come on, what is the trouble? Speak the point directly.”

Ben chuckled. He also raised his head to look at the sky and said, “I also see nothing but a blue sky.”

The crowd laughed softly. Peter speechlessly shrugged his shoulders and said, “Alright, my fault! Isn’t it that dude Wick Sheffield? He told me that the crackdown on Origin Church had become more serious in other states recently. And, of course, that is not the point. The thing is some people with malicious intentions are coming to San Christobal. Wick just reminded me to prepare for the rainy days.”

Ben rubbed his fingers and asked, “What can they do to us?”

Then, he laughed, “Or are they going to fight against demigods, angels and even the whole city?”

Ronald hooked Allen’s neck and said with a smile, “And, don’t forget about those boys chanting prayers to her highness Athena. It would be fun if they directly mutinied over that stupid excuse.”

Mark nodded and said with a serious face, “Only the fools and the faithless will fall into that lie. We all saw the dark side of those so called elites, politicians and decision makers. They are the real reason of why the mankind can’t become great. They’re afraid of us like they are afraid of second amendment.”
Peter rubbed his chin and asked with bright eyes, “Why don’t we pay a visit to Washington?”

Ben speechlessly punched his shoulder and asked, “Did you forget about your two wives?”

The crowd laughed. Peter smiled embarrassingly and said, “We can run around quick with spaceship.”

Then, he sighed and said, “Actually, I have already bought the same model of Daphne. But, that ship is bare unlike Daphne and I requested old Nsak to refit it by adding some more firepower.”

Ronald gave him a thumb up immediately and asked, “When can we ride her?”

Allen hit him with elbow and said, “Dude, you sounded really weird for a moment.”
“Did it?”, Ronald asked back. Peter felt headaches and told them, “We will see her next week.”

“Have you already named her? How about we call her Jessica?”

“Come on, dude. Can you just shut up? But unfortunately, Jenny had already given her a name. She will be called Lily.”

“What a lame name!”

“OMG! Why am I even still here? You guys go first. Don’t wait for me. I’m going to have a talk with old Billy about the coming new government controlled troops.”

One hour later when Peter walked out of the church’s compound, he saw his guys sitting shirtless on the metal railings of parking lots while eating burgers and drinking beer.

Ronald waved his right hand holding beer bottle and shouted, “Brother, don’t worry, we will not leave you alone even if we have to bear the hot sun rays of Mexico for hours.”

As his sound with strange tone attracted the people nearby, Peter felt helpless. He really couldn’t handle this guy called Ronald. At the same time, he felt somewhat regretted and glad at the same time.

Peter didn’t immediately open his car and drive back to the fort. Instead, he joined in and enjoyed it.

Several minutes later, a Humvee stopped at the free spot in the parking lots and a burly man in army uniform stepped out of the opened co-pilot door. He then directly walked towards Peter’s group.

Peter grabbed a cold beer can from the insulated chiller box and threw it towards the coming man.

The latter also didn’t shy away either. He grabbed the incoming beer can, directly opened it and drunk half in one gulp. Then, he walked over, sat down on the railing beside Peter and grabbed some fries.

The men silently ate and drunk for another ten minutes just like that. It was indeed weird that a man in uniform was partying together with seven shirtless muscular guys at the parking lots.

However, nobody bothered them for enjoying their freedom and interrupted their relaxing moment.

Peter cleaned his hands with a napkin and said, “Wick, just follow along with them and wait for the right time. But, I still need you to watch out and prevent them from harming the innocent folks.”

Then, he took out a green vial, handed it over to Wick and said, “Take it. It will give you a second life unless you died directly without having a chance. Even if your heart was shot, it can save you.”

Ronald laughed and said, “Of course, that’s only if you was able to drink it. So, be careful, bud.”

Wick took out a feather shape pendent from his uniform and said with a smile, “Luckily, I’ve this. Alright, thanks a lot for your gift. I also wish you the best my friends.”

Peter smiled and said, “May the light and my lord Steller bless you.”

Wick nodded at them and said kindly, “May the wisdom and the victory be always with you under the blessing of lady Athena.”

After that, the two sides parted their ways and each went back to their own nest.

When the two pickup trucks drove into the fort, the Amish people along the way waved their hats and greeted them warmly. After a while, they passed the cathedral complex and drove along the well-paved road with big trees and statues on both of left and right roadsides.

Before they got back to their cabin-house community, Peter keenly saw Angel Julia riding four meters long and two meters tall black bear. The point was she was talking to two girls who were also riding another bear behind her. And, the worst was that it was Flora duo. Peter suddenly felt helpless.

Because there are fountains and statues of their lord ahead, they had to stop their vehicles and walk the last twenty meters distance. As for their pickup trucks? They put them into storage rings.

Now, they are all rich men and women in Fort Saint Julia. Their main source of income is just from selling water of life. Even, Jenny is now giving expensive gifts to her two sisters, Cathy and Lilac, and some beloved people like old Billy, old Nsak, V, several aunts and her adopted mother.

Especially, she collects top quality water of life at every early morning for that. Of course, she can’t just take these all alone by herself. Still, she really became the richest among their three sisters.

The men first paid their respect to the statue of Steller before they parted their ways and went back to their own nests separately. This is their usual routine. After taking a rest, they’ll go to the drill ground.

A few days later, San Christobal also welcomed a long convoy of military vehicles.

Then, the situations drastically changed greatly as the new commander directly issued a ban on Origin Church and sealed it at that evening. He personally led a group of soldiers to search the church buildings inch by inch. Unfortunately, they didn’t find anything special under some magics.

That caused outrages among the city residents and even among the troops under Captain Wick.

Nevertheless, no mutiny happened under the careful guidance of Captain Wick. The city residents also angrily endured under the preaching of priests. Otherwise, a big thing would have happened and these newcomer troops wouldn’t even know how they died as there are more guns than humans in the city.

0