Chapter 140 – The empty church
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the fifth day of Origin Church of San Christobal city being sealed by the newly arrived commander.

This situation is uncommon and it’s happening all over the various states, counties and cities of United States of America. Senate, Congress and White house jointly passed the bill to ban the Origin Church.

This made the followers very furious. However, the angry followers were calmed down by the priests.

Otherwise, nobody knew whether these people would have rioted and started the second civil war for their belief and Gods.

One out of every four people in the country is a follower of a certain God and regularly go to Origin Church. They’re peaceful but not weak.

In other countries, the government is either the largest armed force whose level is like hundreds times higher than the second ranked armed force or the only armed force in the entire country. The latter happens when the respective government had banned guns and weapons.
But, the second amendment of the united states has allowed every citizen reaching adulthood to arm themselves from head to toe with the most advanced weapons and train as militias. If one can afford it, he or she can even own tanks.

This also created a situation of the military under the government can’t completely fight against these civilian militia forces unless they want to wash the whole country with missiles bearing a huge loss.

Of course, this situation will not easily occur and the government has also tried many ways to divide the public, to brainwash the new generations and to get rid of the damned second amendment.

Nevertheless, what they had never realized was the Origin Church was way stronger than they thought.

Fortunately, the church itself has many rules and they don’t bother to take care of some clowns jumping here and there unless they broke the bottom lines. Moreover, the occult world forces have many ways to solve a problem as long as they want.

Besides, the lifespan of normal human is too low for these transcenders, demigods and Gods.

Unlike the maximum lifespan of around a hundred years of a mortal human, the lowest tier one formal transcender can live a minimum of five hundreds years and the maximum of over ten thousands years if they solely aimed for the longevity instead of just power. The tier two can live a minimum lifespan of two thousands years and the tier three starts from ten thousands years.

The difference between the two parties is just too huge.

According to legends, some Gods chose to sleep a good rest and ten of thousands years had passed fast when they woke up.

This might also be another reason why Gods don’t bother to care too much about mankind beside regulating the society to keep it running good with laws and rules good for everyone and also for Tera.

And, mankind also never failed to disappoint them by repeatedly seeking death and dying in own hand.

Similarly, some people are seeking death today in San Christobal again. The new troops are refusing several city residents from entering the church compound and conflict is almost going to break out.

Four chubby aunts are now confronting the stationed squad of soldiers in full gears in front of the gate.

These bastards are so hateful that they aren’t even letting them walk into the church. But, they are also really anxious and have real reasons to enter the church. It all started two days ago.

It turned out that these chubby aunts are all closed neighbors of a street. Two days ago, a neighbor family of three started to get haunted by a female ghost. As for how they knew that was female ghost, they literally got the same dream about her last night. The ghost was swearing to take revenge.

Coincidentally, the death of that family was found out at this morning. Everyone was scared when they saw the horrible death scenes of the victim family. The point is they got no clue at all about the female ghost. Who the fuck is even that from the first place?

They can swear that they have never done any bad thing in their lifetime. That also made them doubt about their life. At first, the family told them about being haunted but they only advised them to go to the Origin Church and ask for help. After all, they also got no supernatural power and couldn’t solve the ghosts on their own.

However, the church had already become an empty place after the preachers calmed down and preached the angry crowd for one last time. Then, they quietly moved away under the eviction order. Honestly, the aunts also blamed the church for not informing them first.

Nevertheless, it had already happened and nobody knew where they went. San Christobal’s Origin Church has become a place which couldn’t be more normal than normal since then. There is no magic cast on the buildings anymore. The glories of Gods also left this place.

The cathedral building’s underground layer also magically disappeared as if it had never existed from the first place.

The residents have no choice but to cast their eyes at the left behind church as they want to inquire about the information with some hopes in their hearts. They thought that there might still be some clerics to point them on their new address or some information about their new address left behind at the church.

However, unlike what they thought, it’s really empty. But, it was artificially made later.

When the church personnel were found missing overnight, the newly arrived commander let his troops search the church again a few more times. Only after seeing that it’s really an ordinary church, he calmed down in disgust.

However, he also destroyed many statues, paintings and murals. As for the buildings, he left them behind temporarily for other usages. After all, they're built strong and magnificent and can be used as strongholds in special times.

Actually, he wanted to arrest all personnel of Origin Church and he had already planned it. But, they quietly disappeared overnight.

Old Billy really left their new address at the cathedral main prayer hall but it was later destroyed under the order by the commander who thought that liars wanted to regroup again in another place. He also didn't bother to capture these crowd of liars in his mind.

“Son, you don’t know anything at all. We really need to contact the church. Or, we are all going to die.”

“Yes, son, listen to us. The situation is really critical and that female ghost will kill everyone.”

Facing the aunts, the young soldier in full gears responded calmly, “Please calm down. This church is the organization of a group of liars and it’s already proven. We searched and found nothing special here. The commander has vowed to not let this group of liars lie to the city residents ever again.

Please, we are almost reaching to the new century in a few years. You have to believe in science.”

“Son, you’re confused. Gods are real and they protect us. It’s just you can’t see them because they hate our filthy society.”

“You must believe in us. A family has already died. This is not a matter you can handle with guns. We need the priests. Please let us in. We will immediately leave after we got the new address of church.”

Despite of them kept trying to communicate well, the group of young soldiers didn’t seem to get moved much. They whispered each other and laughed as if they heard the biggest joke of the century.

The leading young soldier calmly stared at the aunts and said coldly, “Stop confusing the crowd. If the homicide occurred, please go and report it to the police department. You should trust the government instead of blindly searching for a group of liars who are preaching about random imaginary gods.”

His words made the group of aunts fried instantly. They couldn’t believe that these soldiers actually defamed the Gods they were worshiping and believing in. This is a blasphemy and a blatant heresy.

The angry aunts pointed their fingers at the group of soldiers and couldn’t wait to fight with them.

But, most of the teachings they got preached and they learned were all pointing to the path of tolerance with love and good will. That was definitely not because they didn’t bring any gun.

“Leah, stop talking to this crowd of heretics. Let’s go back. I don’t believe that they can guard here all the time and stop us.”

“But, Hazy, we haven’t got the new address yet. We can’t go.”

“Alright, Leah, let’s go back. Hazy is right. We are just wasting time here.”

“Right, we can find another way from somewhere else.”

“Yes, talking about another way, we seemed to forget about someone.”

When the four aunts angrily left, the young soldiers didn’t even bother to keep their voices down anymore. They started to talk loudly and mocked the stupid sheep believing in liars.

They didn’t know that the original opened eyes of two angel statues guarding the gate slowly closed.

The last trace of magic left in the Origin Church also disappeared in silent.

“I cannot transfer my command authority to you, major. Yes, I am the captain and my rank is lower than you. But, don’t you ever forget that even if you’re a major, you’re the major from 35th infantry division and there is nothing for you here to boss around our 42nd division. We don’t welcome you.”

“Don’t regret it, captain. I will report about everything in San Christobal including your neglection of duty to Pentagon command office. When your removal order arrived, we will meet again.”

Wick looked at the man waving at his men while walking back to his Humvee and said loudly, “Yes, I am waiting for your removal letter. We shall see it at that time. But now, get the hell out of my place.”

Then, he waved at his boys and said, “Come on, boys. Show these stupid fools what we got if they dare to come bossing around us. We are all brothers and I won’t surrender you for not obeying their order.

These fools have no idea about the real world nor the benevolence of Gods. They will pay for their actions soon. Under the grace of Athena, we are invincible. Don’t be afraid, brothers.

At worst, we will all mutiny together and join the brother Peter of Guardian Spirits.”

0