Chapter 142 – The glory of Steller
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike the last week, today’s San Christobal is a bit deserted and it’s been like this for nearly a week.

It all started after the origin church was unbelievably sealed by the newly arrived commander from military. Over half of the city residents were outraged and very disappointed with these troopers.

However, due to the persuasion of the priests and clerics, they didn’t do any violent things.

Regrettably, nobody knew that many honorable things in the church buildings were destroyed by these troopers and Gods had withdrawn their glory and blessing on San Christobal.

It indirectly created a paradise for the evil and filthy creatures like ghosts. The vitality emitting from the city was also alluring over the wild bred lowly creatures scattering all over at the outside to it.

At the fourth day, many city residents had already fled from this place of right and wrong during these days as they witnessed the death of many familiar neighbors and also under the rumors.

Police officers are also shivering and helpless. The newly arrived commander tried to forcefully calm down the panicking crowd by controlling the radio stations and newspaper offices. It didn’t help.

They couldn’t stop the rumors from spreading around and those neighbors who witnessed everything.

Instead of believing that these homicides were done by evil and lowly creatures, the commander firmly believed that a group of killers were messing around with him by targeting the civilians.
Little did he think of the fact that most of city residents were heavily armed by themselves from the first place. And, he also chose to neglect the fact that the deaths were not coming from gun wounds.

The city now has more patrolling units but nobody wants to go out unless they really are in need of something and have to go out to buy them. The home is not safe either but they get no choice.

At least, they know that they are safe as long as they can stay near the one who has the angel blessed pendent. Moreover, they found out that these pendents could kill those evil and filthy lowly creatures.

Over a dozen soldiers had also died inexplicably at the sixth day and they also began to fear to something unknown which kept preying on them. It doesn’t matter whether they live outside or inside.

Just when private Rays drunk down the last bit of bitter coffee and opened his eyes wide after attempting to dispel the sleepiness he got from insomnia last night, Daphne landed at the parking lot.

Private Rays was at the gunner position of Humvee at that time while his four buddies were biting donuts inside Humvee while facing each other. Their vehicle was parked on the road in front of parking lot and it allowed him to see Daphne clearly. He felt that Daphne was cool and very scientific looking.

“Guys! Guys! Take a look at three o’clock. Quick!”

At that time, the hatch was opened and a group of heavily armored guys dressed up like knights came out. These guys are carrying big caliber guns. Overall, they look really cool. Private Rays thought.

Peter took out the sun banner from his space ring and turned his head to look at the Humvee.

Private Rays looked at the big electromagnetic cannon on Daphne and didn’t bother to hold his machine gun anymore. His buddies also looked at Daphne and became foolish.

Especially, after all fifty one big armored guys came out and stood in formation neatly, they didn’t feel safe anymore even if Daphne flew up and disappeared into the sky. They knew that storm was coming.

Neither Daphne nor those guys wearing good looking knight armor like mechas with beautiful and delicate decorations on them did seem their allied force and the peace loving guys. The guns say it.

Fortunately, Peter didn’t bother to take care of these soldiers at the moment as he was annoyed.

The evil and filthy overwhelming negative energies in the surrounding air greatly annoyed him.

Peter stomped the banner onto the hard concrete ground and said loudly, “Brothers, disperse into five men teams and take control of the church. Neutralize all resistance but you’re not allowed to kill. Move! We are going to occupy the church at all cost and create a domain of light.”

Under the complicated eyes of private Rays’ team, Peter led everyone and got into the church compound after roughly opening the gate. They also got back to their sense and reported about it.

Major Redfield who got the news got confused at first. Then, he became angry and started ordering his troops to surround the origin church. He felt that the troublemakers had finally appeared.

Wick who was watching the movements of major Redfield’s troops also immediately ordered his men to put on the gears and move out quickly as fast as they could.

Despite of the mobilizations in other parts of the city, Peter and his brothers had already occupied the church. Peter handed over the banner to Nick who was standing in front of the cathedral’s front gate.

And, he opened the big doors to left and right with a hard push by both hands and walked in alone.

Nick stayed at the outside with his other four brothers while silently observing around for threats.

The cathedral of origin church is actually a round shape three stories building with a dome.

Its main prayer hall has only one ceiling and that is the top dome as it connects all three floors as one.

It has no porch. After entering the gate is the entrance hall. At both and left sides, there are staircases leading to the upper floors. At the end of entrance hall, there is another gate guarding the prayer hall.

Peter silently walked over in the silent and deserted entrance hall while ignoring the damaged wall paintings, murals and statues. Then, he pushed the doors and walked into the prayer hall.

He immediately saw the damaged statue of mother Tera which was around ten meters tall.

Looking at half collapsed statue with traces of bullets and explosives, he couldn’t help but angry.

Walking along the aisle while glancing at the various damages and destroyed things in the hall, Peter slowly calmed down his nameless anger in heart. At the end, he walked in and stopped under the statue.

Dropping his knees onto the ground and he knelt while lowering his head as the collision between the paved hard stone slate and his knee guard sounded somewhat harsh and cold in the quiet hall.

Peter whispered, “Forgive me. I understand that you will not hate them for doing all of these things here. I also know that you will not blame us for failing to guard this place from this fate.

But, what those arrogant people did in return to your boundless favor, grace and love is a complete blasphemy. I’m ashamed, mother. Please bless us and all the good people in the city.”

Then, he drew the sun symbol on his thick chest armor along the decorated sun symbol on it and prayed, “O, great eternal Sun God Steller, the source of us and our strength, you rule over light. You are the symbol of mercy, the symbol of hope, and the symbol of life.

You represent the untaintable holiness in the dark universe. You are the fire of civilizations.

I, a son of sun, a guardian spirit, a loyal guard, a shield that defends the innocents from the evil and the damned, a sword that cuts down all the evil regardless of their identities, pray for your glory and honor.

Noblest existence in the sea of stars, the source of light and the origin of life, merciful Eternal Sun God, Father Steller, your will is our duty. Your glory is our everything.

I pray for your grace. I pray for your guidance. I pray for your protection.

Please set your sight into this insignificant place and bless this place with your glory.”

At the end of his prayer, Peter felt that a great being had set his sight onto him. His heart throbbed.

He felt that the light and the positive energies in nearby air had started to boil cheerfully.

That feeling was really unspeakable and it was indescribable. And, it was really wonderful.

Under the unwatchable will, surrounding energies surged and they started glowing visible even to normal eyesight. Then, various destroyed paintings, murals and statues were instantly repaired.

Nobody and even Peter wouldn’t believe that it was really a badly destroyed hall just a while ago.

However, unlike the original situation, there is an extra statue in front of the statue of Tera.

It’s just the statue of a man around two meters tall with a blurry face and a loose robe.

Compare to the tall statue of mother god Tera, his statue seemed really small. But, it made Peter happy.

The gloom and unpleasant negative energies in the surrounding airs were also directly purified into non attribute purest energies. It didn’t just stop at the end of the church’s compound and spread forward.

When the great will receded, the whole city welcomed a new outlook and bright atmosphere.

Even the residents hiding in the houses were able to feel it. Not to mention the ones holding the blessed pendents, they were amazed by the glowing feather shape pendents. They felt comfortable touching it.

Peter who bathed in the group of glowing light put his right foot forward, changed into one knee kneeing position and then stood up firmly when all the glowing light disappeared.

He bowed towards the two statues sincerely and walked towards the left aisle to go out of the cathedral.

After that, he stood calmly beside Nick with the banner and looked towards the entrance of the church compound. He knew that things would not end up so peacefully. Some people didn’t want to.

0