Chapter 11 – Quirks Apprehension Test
3.4k 14 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

<Japan / UA / 11: 31>

"AMAZING!" shouted a red-haired boy, Lena tried to think of a nickname for this boy but couldn't come up with anything. "This is going to be fun!"

"Just as expected from the best hero academy!" Mina exclaimed as she jumped up holding Toru's hand. "UA is awesome!"

Bakugo just smirked and smugly smiled. "Hmph."

Lena just looked warily at Bakugo. 'I'm pretty sure this idiot might attack one of us if we bothered him...'

Lena turned her head to look at her two friends. Jiro had a perfect poker face but her Jack (as she called them) was twitching slightly which made her look nervous, while Yao seemed to be relaxed by the confident little smile on her face.

"Fun?"

Suddenly it was as if the whole cheerful atmosphere disappeared and was replaced by a heavy, very heavy one.

"So you find it fun, I see, so you were planning to have 3 years of relaxation at UA?" muttered the professor as he looked at the students, even though he was mumbling his words echoed loudly in the students' ears. "That's not acceptable..."

He suddenly had a very bad feeling....

"Then why don't we make this more fun, eh?" The teacher smiled with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, I could feel my body stiffen instinctively almost as if I were standing in front of a hunter. "I'm going to calculate the performance of all of you, whoever comes last will be expelled from UA forever."

It was as if the whole class had been struck by lightning and set them thinking intensely about their chances, some like Bakugo and Yao were relaxed without much concern, others like Toru and Lettuce were very worried and scared.

Lena meanwhile, wasn't so worried, unless it's some test of strength she shouldn't have much trouble. 'But who knows what the tests will be... better not to underestimate anything...'

'You can't do that! That's not manly at all!" the redhead shouted with fury in his voice, he didn't seem to be nervous about the tests but annoyed at the unfairness of the situation and the situation of some of his classmates. "This isn't right!"

"Yes! It's our first day here! And they're already going to expel someone!" shouted Ochako as she scowled at the teacher. "It's so unfair!"

"Natural disasters, massive accidents, calamities happening all the time. Japan is full of villains that appear out of nowhere just to cause harm to the society we have worked hard to protect, our job as Heroes is to stop them as soon as possible and save as many people as possible even if it means death" Said the professor as he glared at the students, and maybe a little at himself. "That is our job as Heroes, it is a job full of hardship and death. At any moment you can see your partner die in front of your eyes without being able to do anything, but we stay strong because we are Heroes! Do you think it's unfair? Life is not fair! That's just a useless ideal! Now you woke up from your sleep little babies?! Well?! Then welcome to the Department of Heroes!"

 

***

<50 Meter Race>

Lena watched the races unfold, she wasn't worried in the slightest, after all she only needs to do an 'Acceleration' she will instantly appear at the finish line already.

Although thanks to this test she was able to learn the names, and some of their Quirks.

There are some Quirks that are very interesting, like Mina's or Uraraka's, but undoubtedly the most interesting was Todoroki's.

'Another person with a very powerful Quirk... apparently he's Endeavor's son so it makes sense that he's so strong' Lena thought as she looked sideways at the half and half boy.

After a few minutes it was Lena's turn, she was paired with Shoji a very tall guy with several limbs which were obviously her Quirk.

"3...2...1...Bang!"

0.22 SECONDS!

Where Lena was before there was now a sky-blue trail that quickly disappeared to join Lena's body. The latter had only a victorious smile on her face before returning to the group with the other students.

This time puzzled all the students, everyone thought Yaoyorozu would be the fastest at 1.31 seconds but apparently not.

(A/N: Momo used rocket boots to reach that speed).

Shoto and Bakugo were alerted for a moment but then dismissed their concern.

'No matter what happens I will always win in the end...' Todoroki thought as he looked up at the sky again and waited for all this to be over. 'The sky is very calm today...'

'What nickname should I give her? Maybe Flash?' Bakugo thought as he racked his brain to think of a good nickname for the fast bitch.

 

***

<Pressure force>

Well, Lena didn't expect at all that Yao would create a hydraulic glove that would break the pressure machine.

Indisputably Yao got the first one followed by the silent Shoji who got 540KG.

Lena, applying all the strength she could from her arms managed to get a respectable 216KG, not bad for having minor super strength even if she has hardly trained her arms properly.

 

***

<Long jump>

Nothing difficult, but people who can use their Quirk to lift themselves obviously have an advantage, but Yao didn't get first place this time. Jiro was able to get a high score for firing a big blast of sound on the ground sending her flying quite far, I'm more surprised she didn't take any damage from the fall than anything else.

'Maybe her Secondary Quirk...' Lena analyzed as she rubbed her chin.

 

***

<Prolonged jump to the sides>

Jiro, Yao and I didn't do badly in this test, we didn't get first places but we were very close. I managed to pull ahead of the other two thanks to Recoil several times but only made it to 4th place in the race.

I'm getting a little hungry, but at least there is not much left to finish the trials, otherwise I could be in trouble.

 

***

<Launch>

To the surprise of the class Ochako managed to get an INFINITE on the throw.

Obviously the INFINITE range is not correct but I assume the ball just went out of range.

Jiro did the best she could, but she didn't have crazy sonic strength so she only got a slightly above average result.

Yao on the other hand pulled out A DAMN BAZOOKA and shot the ball, almost reaching Bakugo's score.

I... well, not bad I guess, I used Acceleration to make myself spin really fast before firing it with all my might. I honestly wasn't sure it would work since time freezes except for me, but it worked somehow.

Thank you kinetic force for existing!

-612.7 meters-

Now it's Midoriya's turn to throw the ball, I honestly don't expect anything from him, not that he's a person with bad intentions but he hasn't shown anything that has proven why he's here in the first place.

Rather my current question about him is: How did he pass the entrance exam?

"Will he be okay? He hasn't done anything in the last few exams" Uraraka muttered with a worried look on her face.

"That's because that idiot doesn't have Quirk!" Bakugo exclaimed in a mocking and condescending tone as he looked at Midoriya in disgust.

I looked at him in surprise for a moment before shrugging, this is Bakugo we're talking about possibly it's a taunt or something.

"You're wrong, he has one and a very powerful one, but every time he uses it his body takes a lot of damage" Tenya refuted as he adjusted his glasses and kept his gaze fixed on Midoriya. "You'll see."

Midoriya looked ready to throw the ball, as he was about to throw it with all his might....

Nothing interesting happened.

Midoriya looked confused looking at his hand. "What?"

"I temporarily erased your Quirk. I'm going to be blunt I don't understand why you're here" The cause of that was a pair of red eyes coming from our teacher when he mentioned about erasing Midoriya's Quirk.

I instantly realized who the teacher was. While designing my hero costume I searched for various sources for inspiration.

During one of these searches I came across news of an Underground Hero who has become renowned in recent years for his dreaded Quirk.

His name was...

"Eraserhead! The Eraser Hero!" shouted Midoriya in a very.... well, fanboy.

"Who?" asked Jiro ducking her head, it seemed most of the students didn't know who Eraser was.

"Eraserhead, he is one of the few people in the world who possesses a Quirk that erases others as long as he keeps line of sight with that of the person in question, he is not well known due to working mostly in the slums he has gained a very good reputation over the past few years" Lena explained as she looked closely at our teacher, his hair seemed to be rising, his eyes were red and none of the lazy expression from before could be seen anywhere.

The students around her looked surprised and some scared, which was normal, Quirks are a natural part of our life, erasing them even if it's temporarily is cruel...

Eraserhead approached Midoriya and started talking about.... something, I couldn't hear them but from the look on Midoriya's face it must not have been anything good.

After some small talk Eraser gave his Quirk back to Midoriya and slowly walked away leaving Midoriya with a distressed look on his face.

'God poor thing, it looks like it's going to have a panic attack...' Lena thought while biting one of her lips, his distressed face reminded her of herself during her attacks....

To everyone's surprise, he looked up with determination as he tightened his grip on the ball, took his stance and...

BOOOOOOOOM!

With a sonic sound the ball shot out with great speed soaring so high that it could barely be seen with the naked eye.

!!!

The whole class was impressed at the display of power Midoriya had, but Lena realized something else. Tenya had mentioned that Midoriya got hurt every time he used his Quirk but he saw no damage to any part of his body.

"I'm still standing!" shouted Midoriya with tears in her eyes and a big smile.

'Ah' Lena could now see where the damage was, a finger, he only used his Quirk on one finger and that was all he needed to generate such power, what would happen if he used the whole arm....

The class was shocked and Iida looked pleased to be right about Midoriya.

But Bakugo was not.

"Explain this to me Deku!" shouted Bakugo with anger in his voice.

He suddenly shot out towards Midoriya with obviously violent intentions, his hands started to generate small explosions as he goes head first towards Midoriya.

Lena uses an Acceleration to quickly kick Bakugo away, and Eraser took the opportunity to wrap his scarf around him and erase his Quirk.

"Don't make me use my Quirk, more than I should, it dries my eyes. And you, Oxton although aggression between students is not allowed, since your intention was to protect Midoriya I'll let it pass. Bakugo you do something like that again and I will expel you immediately."

Lena apologized for her aggression towards Bakugo to the teacher and walked away looking coldly at Bakugo. 'You deserve it, bastard'

After that we continued with more tests....

 

***

<UA / 1:35>

"Well, here are the results" Announced Eraser as he took out a paper from his pockets and handed it to Midoriya, quickly the whole room ran to see the results....

But there was no paper.... because Lena used Acceleration to take it out of his hands.

...

-Test results-

1- Yaoyorozu Momo

2- Todoroki Shoto

3- Oxton Lena

4- Bakugo Katsuki

5- Iida Tenya

..

...

..

18- Jiro Kyoka

19- Hagakure Toru

20- Midoriya Izuku

...

Lena was happy to get 3rd place in the test, it seems that Todoroki narrowly beat her, which honestly bothers her because it's been two times in a row now that she narrowly missed a higher place.

On the other hand, she was worried about Jiro, She hadn't scored great, although Lena was aware that this test is basically the worst kind of test for Jiro as her Quirk was at a huge disadvantage.

Yao, well, she almost always scored 100/100 on the test due to the absurd versatility of her Quirk.

"By the way, the expulsion thing was a lie" Eraser suddenly said as he walked away.

"WHAT!" Shouted almost the entire class.

...

If you like the story you can support me on my Patreon! You can read up to 5 chapters in advance!

https://www.patreon.com/rTem

...

152