Chapter 15 – End of The Fights!
2.9k 18 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

<Japan / UA / Oversight Room>

After All Might called an end to the confrontation between the teams, he quickly requested a pair of medical robots to take Todoroki to the infirmary in case that blow to the head was too strong.

After a dozen minutes, Lena, Toru and Shoji appeared.

It was quite clear the difference in mood between them.

While Lena and Toru almost looked gleefully smug about their victory.

Shoji averted his gaze slightly as he frowned clearly annoyed by the defeat.

While he wanted to put all the blame on Todoroki and his arrogance, he knew that he too had been at fault for this defeat. Lena's kicks and punches did hardly any damage to his body or limbs, he could easily keep moving forward while ignoring the pain of the attacks, but instead he concentrated on fighting Lena in hopes of defeating and capturing her, not knowing that this would waste a lot of his time and losing for the very lack of it.

As bitter and upset as he felt, he could only swallow his pride and admit defeat.

Seeing that his companions had arrived, Karishima and Ashido quickly jumped towards them with big smiles on their faces.

"Toru! Lena! You guys were amazing!" Ashido gave Lena and Toru a quick hug while making a smile that could melt a freaking iceberg. "Your plan was amazing I never would have thought of that!"

Toru and Lena simply smiled before striking up a conversation with Ashido, the latter seemed to be doing all sorts of poses and almost looked like he had stars in her eyes.

"Dude you were great!" Karishima said as he lightly punched Shoji on the shoulder to get his attention. "Man! You put up an awesome fight!"

Shoji shook his head as he bit his lip in frustration. "But I lost, besides I didn't do much, I just gave Lena and Toru's location to Todoroki and wasted time while fighting Lena."

"Dude, think of it this way" Karishima gave Shoji a sympathetic smile. "Even though you lost you gave a mind blowing battle against Lena who is the Top 3 in the hall! Not only that! Her attacks basically tickled you! You were like a fucking wall bro! You held your own for quite some time fighting one on one while locked in a narrow hallway and still managed to hit her a couple of times! If that's not awesome I'll take a truck fall!"

Shoji simply looked at Karishima in surprise before smiling slightly. "I guess I made a good impression..."

Karishima chuckled before taking a pose with a raised fist. "Totally man you're awesome!"

Suddenly a loud but pleasant chuckle brought all the students out of their chatter.

"HA! HA! HA! That was an awesome team battle wasn't it!" All Might laughed as he looked at his students. "Anyone want to do the battle analysis?!"

In no time Yao raised her hand as fast as a missile.

"Go ahead Miss Yaoyorozu!"

"Alright, for starters Lena and Toru's team did a great job, either individually or as a team. Both Lena fighting to buy time against Shoji and Toru moving the bomb from place since the target site had already been discovered were very good moves. However, I have to remark that this result was mainly due to Todoroki's decision not to completely freeze the bodies of his opponents, if he had decided to completely freeze the whole building with bomb and opponents, he would have won easily. Which brings me to my next point..." Yao took a moment to breathe, the class simply nodded steadily as Yao's words went in one ear and out the other. "Todoroki and Shoji's team didn't do so well, Todoroki relied too much on his Quirk and what little information he had about the situation inside the building, besides pushing Shoji away. If he had taken Shoji inside the building they very possibly could have avoided the blindness produced by Toru and dodged Lena's attacks getting a quick victory, but they were overconfident..."

All Might simply nodded without really understanding what he was talking about. "Very good analysis Yaoyorozu, and according to you who would be the MVP of the event?"

Momo put a hand to her mouth as she looked thoughtfully with her head down, after a few seconds she raised her head to answer, "I think the MVP was Toru."

Toru looked at her in confusion. "Me?! But if all I did was follow what Lena said?"

"No, actually she's right" Lena said as she scratched her head making the whole class look at her making her nervous. "What I mean, is that she was the one who reacted immediately to Todoroki's attack and it was because of her reaction time that she didn't freeze next to me, she was also the reason why I was able to knock her out Todoroki without much trouble and she also moved the bomb to another room while fighting with Shoji"

'Umm, I understand what you mean and I partially agree, but you're forgetting that Toru alone couldn't defeat either of them in combat... this confrontation was a demonstration of teamwork... so-' All Might thought before audibly coughing. "Good! But I think Team Toru and Lena performed masterfully so they both take the MVP! Now on to the final showdown!"

As the teams prepared to leave for the final showdown, Lena approached All Might at a slow pace.

"Before that" Lena spoke softly as she looked at All Might anxiously "Could I go eat?"

All Might looked at her for a moment before nodding slowly. "Of course! Tell Lunch Rush that I sent you!"

"Thanks!"

Neither of them noticed a certain girl with strange ears looking at Lena with a curious look as her ears twitched slightly.

 

***

<Japan / UA / 13:02>

Slowly opening his eyes he could see an unfamiliar white colored ceiling, he didn't feel like getting up the bed was too comfortable to do that, but he couldn't stay like that all the time.

With a little effort Todoroki got out of bed looking down at his lap still groggy from waking up.

"Ugh... Where..." Looking around Todoroki could see that he was in a medical room, but he couldn't remember-. "Shit!"

"DON'T SCREAM!"

Before Todoroki could understand where the voice was coming from a shadow hit him across the forehead making him look up at the ceiling involuntarily.

Todoroki groaned in pain while rubbing his forehead, he slowly turned his head to look at his attacker which turned out to be....

An old woman.

A little old lady.

Todoroki looked at her in confusion as he began to theorize that he was in the middle of a dream. "Who are you?"

"My name is Recovery Girl brat, I'm UA's Doctor" Recovery Girl said as she looked at Todoroki with a frown. "Who knew that two people would come to my infirmary in a single day... one of them being a recommended student, that's not a very common thing you know?"

"..." Todoroki said nothing and simply got out of bed, his head still hurt from the blow he received but he didn't care, he simply walked out of the medical room as he made his way to the supervision room ignoring the little old lady's scream.

'I lost...' The very thought of this made him stop in his tracks, the word itself was foreign to him, it wasn't something he was used to and he didn't know how to feel about it.

'I became arrogant...' Todoroki thought to himself as he looked at a nearby window reflecting his face, his gaze fixed on his large scar in the middle of his face. 'Just like the...'

Suddenly the temperature dropped very low and small shards of ice could be seen coming out of his hands and feet. Todoroki's gaze became much colder as his heart burned with pure hatred.

'No! No! Calm down Shoto... I'm nothing like him and I never will...' Todoroki thought as he walked back down the hallway, his heart felt heavy as he bit his lips, his breathing a little slower than before. 'I don't care what I run into I'll crush him without using his Quirk...'

After a moment his breathing and temperature returned to normal as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 'Lena Oxton...'

"No matter who it is..." Todoroki opened his eyes to show the world that "I will crush them all..."

After a long time, Todoroki Shoto is excited.

'UA is much more interesting than I thought...'

 

***

<Japan / UA / 13:47>

After the last confrontation of the day, everyone could finally go home. Some of the students were feeling exhausted from the stress of the battles and the excitement of them.
In front of the school gate, a group of girls could be seen happily talking to each other.

They were none other than Lena, Jiro, and Toru. By the end of the day they had formed a sort of group among themselves where they talked about almost anything, Lena was genuinely surprised at how she went from not talking to anyone to talking to 3 people at once.

Obviously Lena wasn't used to having a group of people talking to each other so she felt a little uncomfortable, Jiro was in a similar state.

"Hey Lena, did you plan that strategy against Todoroki from the beginning or was it something you improvised on the spot?" Jiro asked as he gave Lena a narrowed look.

The smaller girl was very happy with today's result. She had managed to win without much trouble thanks to the good combination between her Quirk to locate the enemies and Kaminari's Quirk that electrocuted them until they were knocked out.

Toru followed her as she tilted her head forward. "Yeah, I was wondering that too!"

"To be honest with you, at first I thought it was an inevitable defeat" Lena admitted as she scratched the back of her neck nervously. "Their combination was simply too good."

"Really?!" Toru exclaimed with her mouth open, of course Lena told her that she didn't have a previous plan but....

"Yes, but when you told me that you could generate light my brain went to work, I don't think I'm good at making plans and it just came to me on the spot without taking into account any variables... plus luck played a very important role too" Lena explained while shrugging her shoulders with a slight smile. "As Yao said, If Todoroki had frozen everything or Shoji had followed Todoroki it would have been a "Game Over" for us from second 0."

"I see..." Jiro nodded as she made a mental note in her head. "Then you're an airhead."

Lena blinked as she looked at Jiro with a frown on her face and hands on her hips. "Oi! And why is that?"

"I mean... because you slept instead of thinking of a possible plan?" Jiro simply gave Lena a flat look as he raised an eyebrow. "I don't think that was very smart of you."

"She's right" Toru confirmed as she rolled her eyes at Lena.

"Oi! Toru I thought you were on my side!" Lena exclaimed as she put her hand over her heart pretending to have been pierced by an arrow "Agh, look I just didn't want to stand still while watching the others' battles..."

Jiro simply facepalm, and though she couldn't see Toru, Lena could tell she was looking at her with dead eyes.

"Ahem, and how did your fight go Jiro?" asked Lena in an attempt to deflect the conversation.

Suddenly Toru looked at Jiro, Lena could picture her with a giant grin on her face. "Yes Jiro~ tell us how your confrontation went~ you looked very happy with Kaminari~"

Lena seeing the chance not to be cancelled on Twitter by her two friends, looked at Jiro with a shark smile "Yeah Yeah, tell us~"

Jiro simply frowned as she averted her gaze "It was nothing, I was just happy to have a partner that was easy to work with..."

"Aww... so you're not interested in him? Then how about the other girls in the class?" "Do any of them seem handsome to you?"

Jiro simply looked at Toru with a blank stare, though her cheeks were a little flushed. "Almost all the boys in our class are handsome."

Lena simply looked up at the sky as she shrugged her shoulders. "I can't disagree, well there are some exceptions but..."

"Ohu?" Toru raised an eyebrow. "So are you interested in any of them?"

Lena took a thoughtful pose as she closed her eyes, after a few seconds she opened them again as she shrugged. "Nope."

Jiro and Toru bowed their heads as they looked at Lena curiously.

"I've never fallen in love with someone so I wouldn't know if I like someone."

Toru in less than a second grabbed Lena by the shoulders and shook her hard, which was a bit difficult because of the height difference between the two. "You've never had a boyfriend or anything?!"

"I can understand that..." Jiro muttered making both girls look at her. Jiro simply grabbed her Jack's and started to shake them nervously "I haven't had a partner either...although I have had crushes on a few people."

Toru simply looked at them both with wide eyes, not that they could see her eyes....

Toru placed her hands on her hips as she sighed depressedly. "That's weird... but well, stuff of life I guess."

"Now you're talking like an 80 year old woman."

"Shut the fuck up!"

As they continued talking they walked off towards the bus stop.

...

If you like the story you can support me on my Patreon! You can read up to 5 chapters in advance!

https://www.patreon.com/rTem

...

138