Chapter 5 – Thoughts
133 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5

Sunny and warm days were normal in Konoha and today was no exception. The sun was bright and shone brilliantly in a clear, blue sky, along with white, fluffy clouds that seemed to float without a worry. People of Konohagakure loved this beautiful weather because it represented their hope and aspirations.

Dai was already on the outskirts of Konoha. He was surrounded by the towering trees that were supported by thick roots. 

Dai was not fully healed, so he did not do any physical exercise to prevent his body from complete recovery. He stood still with eyes closed and looked above, allowing the light and shadow to dance across his face.

After a moment of relaxation, Dai grabbed a leaf that was within his range. Sitting down in a lotus position with his leg crossed and his back straight, Dai fell into a deep concentration. He could sense his chakra flowing like a river all over his body. The chakra in his body then all flowed in his forehead at his command. Dai quickly stuck the leaf into his forehead.

‘Leaf concentration practice, this is basic but very effective as it improve my chakra control’ 

After hours of boredom, Dai suddenly stopped this. If he wanted, he could have held even further. He then went to a different location to find a lake.

Sames as before, Dai focused his chakra on his feet. Without hesitation, he stepped on the water and began walking. He took few trails to succeed because the amount of chakra that needs to be emitted changes constantly. Once he was comfortable, he ran and even jumped without being submerged.

‘It’s quite easy’ Dai was surprised at this fact.

‘I don’t need tree climbing practice because of the skill I created’ He thought as he looked at the skill’s description. 

[Floor tilting - Allows the user to change the direction which gravity or space pulls objects within a certain area.]

Dai kept on doing this light exercise. But this time, he made a clone. While the clone was tasked to experiment with his gravity manipulation. He was improving his chakra control.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pov – Third Hokage.

Using his ‘magic ball’ to see Dai training. Sarutobi could not help but smile at his fast progress. The ‘magic ball,’ combined with telescope technique, allowed him to see activities of anyone whose chakra signature he knew. He would never misuse it but only he can answer this.

‘His kekkei genkai, which allows him to manipulate gravity... Looks like I underestimated it.’ he thought as he remembered the report from Anko. 

Once he heard the full report, even he was shocked. ‘He could fight against a special jonin and even have an upper hand for few moments.’ Sarutobi was excited thinking of powerful leaf ninja that would be feared by all other nations just like Minato and his two sensei, Hashirama and Tobirama. He knew Konoha needed a pillar. However, it would be a lie if he said there wasn’t a hidden fear in his mind that made him restless.

Orochimaru, his mistake and his regret for taking him as a student. ‘He was a genius; his intelligence was unrivaled even among the Nara clan. But his obsession for eternal life made him go astray.’  But he did not hate Orochimaru, he blamed himself to this day for not being a better teacher.

This is why Sarutobi was very adamant when Danzo wanted him to join the root. Sarutobi knew Danzo would not listen to him, so he even threatened Danzo to make him a rogue ninja to ensure Dai’s safety. History has already shown all the ninja’s in his care. He did not want to make Dai a mindless killing machine. 

Dai always wondered who protected him from Danzo but would not know for sure. He could only speculate that he had the protection of the Third Hokage.

‘It’s good that I did not allow Dai to graduate early’ Dai did not have any family, so he did not experience any Familia love. So, he at least wanted him to have a normal childhood and create friends, which would eventually make him have some attachment to Konoha.

Thinking of how everything was going smoothly, all according to his plan. He began to think about a suitable mission to give him while smoking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Konoha Library.

Dai entered the library. After graduating from the ninja academy, one has access to D rank without a cost. However, if you contribute to a village through mission, you can learn higher rank jutsu. He browsed through thousands of low ranking jutsu searching for one that would be extremely helpful when he created that skill. 

After going through series of shelves, he came to stop when noticed the jutsu from the corner of his eyes. 

‘Found it. This would be my ticket to make me even stronger’ smiled Dai as he saw the name of the jutsu, ‘Body flicker jutsu.’ This and the skills he has been developing over the past few weeks would support each other.

Dai did not underestimate this technique, especially when Shisui became famous using this. It allows the user to have extreme speed to the point where it makes it look like instant teleportation.

He borrowed the scroll. He noticed the sun starting to set on the horizon. But before heading home, he brought some ingredients from shops as he wanted to try out a new recipe he found from the book from the library.

7