Ch 2, Vol. 1 – Nope, it was a Frying Pan
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slowly my vision began to clear and the ringing in my ears began to cease, once again my body new peace. Or so I thought.

 

Removing my hands from my head, I stood up and began to look around at… unfamiliar territory. There was no cement road where cars drove nor any houses, just a low fog painting the forest floor in white. Yes you heard correctly, a forest. Not a jungle, not a rainforest just your standard gathering of oak you’d find in minecraft. Without the blocks though, these were real trees. Looking upwards I saw the night sky with stars a’ plenty which is peculiar since it wasn’t night a few minutes ago. This must mean.

 

“I GAWT ISEKAI’D BABEH,” my voice shocked a blue owl that had been sitting in one of the trees at it quickly flew away, leaving a trail of misty aqua… wait, owls aren’t blue. Aww, who cares I’m in a fantasy world!

 

For a good minute or so I was jumping around in circles, it was a dream come true to be released from the pits of despair (that I loved). I couldn’t help but keep thinking about what magic I’d use, what skirts I’d chase, that sort of thing.

 

Then I realised that I’d have to ask help from people and talk to them. Then I also realised this may be an isekai where the MC starts off with nothing. I also began to think that maybe it wasn’t an isekai but some magic high school story. The realisation at possible working and talking and things all in all not being the best resulted in my excitement disappearing. This cleared my mind enough to realise… AFTER HOW MANY YEARS OF WAITING AND I’M GONNA MISS NGNL SEASON 2! @#$%!

 

Fifteen minutes it took for me to cry until I had no tears left, punch some trees, roll around on the floor and get back up again. Life is misery no matter where you are, it was that moment I realised this one true fact.

 

I had already begun to feel out of breath when I started to look around. Did I forget to mention how weak I am, this is one of those times I wish I had a dragon or something.

 

………….

………

 

Damn, I was hoping one would show up. Does this place even have dragons? They better, I mean who doesn't love dragons?

 

Anyway this fog is quite entertaining. It’s low to the ground, barely reaching above the ankle, and when you walk through it it moves around. I just can’t get enough, it’s like walking through cotton candy or fairy floss or whatever you wanna call it. 

 

I now reckon I’ll explore this place and try to find someone. Will there be an automatic language translator because I suck at learning languages, tried to learn French once but it didn't go so well. The teacher wasn’t even hot anyway so it wasn’t MY fault I found the class boring.

 

Walking through the forest I begin to notice a few odd things. Firstly, the wood is ashen grey and so are the leaves which I feel would be bad for photosynthesising seeing as plants are green for a reason. Ya know, chlorophyll and all that jazz.

Secondly, the sky appears to have not one but TWO moons, a big one and a smaller one. Kinda like something you’d see in Familiar of Zero but they’re both white and kinda far apart from each other. I wonder if they pass over one another, is it called a lunar, lunar eclipse?

 

The forest was dead silent which struck me as strange, I should at least be able to hear birds or something but no. I had been wandering for who knows how long when I noticed a strange, white light. It seemed fuzzy and looked as though it was just floating there. Now normally, if someone saw something like this they would either freeze or run because those people would be sane but for whatever reason, looking at it helped me feel calm.

 

I don’t know when it happened but the light began to move and as if in a trance, I had been following it. I could not make out any form hidden in the light but it seemed to beckon me forward which was strange, so strange that I cannot even come up with a retort to this situation, following a strange light and all.

 

The spooky ghost like thing and I had not travelled far when the sounds of medieval clashings began to fill the silent forest. In case you do not know what that sounds like the best way to summarise it is metal on metal and loud, manly grunts. There was also the sound of gunfire surprisingly and occasionally you hear the odd scream but it was rare, which showed how well trained and determined those fellows were, one sound in peculiar did strike me as odd though. A few sounds actually, the sounds of fire and lightning crackling and the whoosh of wind and water.

 

“Summon the storm spirits!”

 

“Sir!”

 

Making my way into a small clearing, a scene of carnage is laid out before me. Two sides battling each other, one side having you classic medieval weapons like bows while the other have more modern weapons like guns, both sides used swords, surprisingly. I guess guns aren't that effective in a fantasy world.

 

The modern side had those wearing modern armor like what the S.W.A.T wear. Many had rifles but a few were using things like swords that seemed to glow with magic, some bullets even left a trail of glowing dust behind. Behind them were glowing humanoid beings that seemed covered in mist and lightning crackled around them. The modern fantasy mix was quite the sight.

 

On the other end we have people wearing cloaks and gowns, some even had hoods over their heads and black cloth covering their lower face. Some held staff while others had longswords and bows, each also covered in the luminescence of different coloured specks.

 

Between the two sides was the corpse of an unknown creature. If I had to guess, that creature must have valuable resources that both parties want and must have simultaneously found it or one decided to try and steal it. Thus, resulting in the scuffle before me.

 

The ghostly apparition disappeared after reaching the clearing. I had thought about looking for it but decided it was too dangerous to move because I don’t think I could defend myself if they thought I was an enemy.

 

“DAMN STRANGERS!”

 

“AH, SCREW OFF YA LOWLY HUNTERS!”

 

Oh, they seem so kind towards one anoth-. Thump.

 

Three seconds was how long it took for my brain to register the pain in my left shoulder. Had I moved to look for the apparition I may have been safer, possibly, but due to not moving a stray arrow found its new mark. In the blink of an eye, the pain soared throughout my body and…

 

“AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!”

 

… I fainted.

 

0