Reincarnated
1.5k 10 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell happened? And why does my head hurt so much?" asked a confused voice as he lay on the ground rubbing his head to get rid of the headache.

"You died." said a female voice.

"I died?" he said, opening his eyes to see a vast expanse of white.

"Yes, you died. Can you get up from the ground so we can get on with this? I have other people to attend to." she said, sounding a little annoyed.

"Damn, you'd think the afterlife would have better customer service." said the boy as he stood up and took a look around. It seems he was in an office space complete with walls.

Confused at his location, he looked up to see nothing but the same vast expanse of white he saw earlier.

"Why is there no ceiling?"

"Budget cuts. Sit down." she said.

Turning to look at the voice, the boy saw a kingdom-toppling beauty. Jade skin and emerald eyes, ruby red lips that looked supple yet firm.

"Ew. Don't describe me like that. What's wrong with you?" she said, with a look of disgust.

"Oops, sorry. It's a force of habit after reading so many Chinese novels. That's how they describe pretty girls there." he said as he sat down.

"Anyway, as I said earlier, you died." she said as she was typing on her computer.

"Can I ask how?" he said, having no recollection of his death.

"The bus you were taking to your university got crashed into by a drunk driver. Unfortunately for you, you were the only one to die." she said as she scrolled down.

"Damn, talk about unlucky."

"Yes, but it seems to have been a mistake on our part. You weren't supposed to die there, you were supposed to pass in your sleep decades later."

"Uh, is that supposed to happen?" he asked, baffled that something like that could occur to an obviously all-powerful entity.

"Not usually, no. But the probability of it happening isn't zero either. So, I guess you're lucky rather than unlucky."

"How so?"

"You get to reincarnate as an apology from us."

"Cool. Can I reincarnate back in my world a few years before I was originally born? I want to make it rich."

"No."

"Aw, man."

"Don't worry. As reincarnation is usually only for those with good karma, you'll get the same perks as they would." she said as she started typing away on her keyboard.

"What does that include exactly?" he asked.

"I'm about to get there, don't rush me."

"Sorry."

"Good. What that includes is a spin on the world wheel, a spin on the appearance wheel, and a spin on the power wheel. The power wheel is linked to the world you land on so don't expect something extremely game-breaking, though there are a few options like that." she said before pressing the enter key and a wheel appeared on the screen.

"What worlds are included in the wheel?"

"All of them. Even the ones you don't know about. Here, press the Enter key to spin the world wheel." she said before pushing the keyboard toward him.

"Lady luck shine your light on me." he said to himself before pressing the Enter key and the wheel spun for a few moments before landing on one that said My Hero Academia.

"Okay, next is the appearance wheel." she said.

"Uh, wait."

"What?" she asked, annoyed.

"What is My Hero Academia?"

"It's a world where the people have superpowers. It's an anime in your world, you haven't heard of it?"

"Oh, anime. I only read Chinese Cultivation Novels."

"It's not that. It's a world with heroes and villains. Okay, appearance is next, come on." she said before he pressed the Enter key and it landed on one that said Buddha - Records of Ragnarok and a picture of the person.

"That's what I'll look like? Cool. And his name is Buddha, even cooler."

"Yeah, yeah. Next is the power wheel. In your case, this will be your quirk, which is what they call the powers in the world you landed on." she explained before he pressed the Enter key for the final time and the wheel landed on one that said Cosmic Constructs+.

"Cosmic Constructs+? That means I can create constructs from solar energy, lunar energy, star energy, etc. right? Look like a character named Buddha, and I can create constructs. I can finally make my dream of fighting with giant Buddhist constructs come true!" he said.

He was such a big fan of Chinese Cultivation Novels, but not the MCs with Dragon Blood or Demon Blood and the like. He was a fan of the Buddhist practitioners that created giant Buddhist Constructs to attack. A giant palm, a giant fist, a Buddha that moves, any Buddhist Art was his go-to.

"Yup, lucky you. And the plus sign at the end of it means you're not limited to only using the ambient energy, you can store some in your body to use whenever you want. That's one of the better ones on the wheel. Anyway, that's it. So, off you go." she said pressing the Enter key before he disappeared.

"Oops, I forgot to tell him he'll gain some of the personality traits of the appearance he got. Oh well." she said before going back to playing solitaire.

~

In an alley as dirty as any other, a disheveled woman lay there with her sweat-matted hair covering her face, breathing heavily, and holding her stomach. The woman had light green hair and was quite beautiful, if slightly emaciated.

"No, no, no. Not right now." she said as she looked around and saw a blanket on the ground before slowly walking over and picking it up.

"UWAGH!" she shouted, as she held her stomach and her entire body clenched with pain.

"No, please, please not right now." she said crying before groaning again. Feeling like the baby would come out any second, she set the blanket up like a tent before removing her pants and squatting.

"Come on, come on." she said as she pushed before the baby came out, crying.

WAH WAH

"Shh, shh. I-it's okay." she said, clearly tired as took off her shoelace before tying off the baby's umbilical cord and cutting it with a razor blade. Done with that she threw away the razor blade and put her pants back on before taking down the blanket and wrapping the baby up in it.

As she looked down at her baby, she saw a sight she would never forget for the rest of her life. A tuft of her light green hair with black on the sides, sharp canines, elongated earlobes, and the most hauntingly beautiful eyes she had ever seen. A blue lily in each eye sparkled with the moonlight for a few moments before the eyes returned to normal.

"Oh, my baby. So beautiful. I'm sorry, little one. I'm sorry mommy can't take care of you. You deserve better than what I can give you." she said as she shakily brought the newborn to her face and kissed him as a tear rolled down her eye.

"The only thing I can give you my sweet prince is your name. That'll be my final gift to you. Your name is Yuuichi. I love you, Yuuichi. I love you, till my end of days and beyond." she said crying as she clutched him to her chest.

After crying with the baby for a few minutes, she got up and made her way through the quiet night streets until she reached a wealthy area. Deciding to give her son the best start one could have, she left the baby on the doorstep of one of the manors, but not before writing down his name on a note.

"I love you, my sweet prince. Goodbye." she said kissing him on the forehead one last time before knocking on the door and then leaving.

'Sigh, that was hard.' thought Yuuichi.

He had been aware the moment he was being squeezed out of his mother. And even though he didn't understand a word she said, he could feel what she wanted to say.

'To think, my mother would birth and then drop me at some stranger's doorstep. The best thing to do, I guess. Thank you birth mother for giving birth to me, I appreciate all that you have done. I will live on and live life to the fullest.' he thought before noticing that the door was opened.

"Oh my, honey, someone left a baby on our doorstep." said the young lady as she bent down to pick up the baby.

"What? Oh, poor thing." said the young man.

"Look, there's a note." said the lady as she handed it to her husband to read while she checked the baby.

"It says, "To whoever reads this, I hope you can take care of my baby and give him the love and environment he deserves. I can't raise a child nor do I deserve to raise one, but circumstances have led me to this. Please, I beg of you. If you don't, please make sure he goes to a good orphanage. And please let him have this first name, Yuuichi. Thank you." said the man.

"Oh, how tragic. What should we do?" said the lady.

"Fate has left him at our doorstep today. Let's raise him as our own."

"Don't you think we're a little young?" said the lady, her words belied by her tone of voice.

"I don't know, but I know you, and I know you won't let this innocent child be raised anywhere but here now that you know about it." he said with a smile.

"I was planning on waiting a few more years before I got pregnant, but you're right. I can't let him suffer. Not when I can help." she said looking at the baby.

"That's why I fell in love with you, Kiyomi." he said before kissing her.

"Let's go get him checked out. His umbilical cord is being clamped by a shoelace and this blanket looks dirty. We don't want him to get sick." she said before the husband went back inside and got his car keys before the couple hopped in a car and drove to the hospital.

'Looks like I got chosen by some rich people if the car is any indication.' thought Yuuichi as he stared out the window and saw the lights passing by.

Shortly after, the couple reached the hospital and went in through the emergency room entrance.

"Hi, this baby was left at our doorstep and we came by so you could check on him. It looks like he was recently born." said Kiyomi as she walked up to the nurse at the front desk.

"Okay, ma'am. One moment." said the nurse before talking into a phone before another nurse came with a baby crib.

"Place him here, ma'am." said the other nurse as Kiyomi gently placed the baby down.

"Please, take care of him." she said before the nurse nodded and left with the baby.

"We'll need some information ma'am." said the nurse.

"Of course, anything you need."

"First and last name as well as some identification."

"Kiyomi Yaoyorozu and this is my husband Ren Yaoyorozu." she said.

Meanwhile, back with Yuuichi, he was being looked at by the nurse, before everything stopped.

'What's going on?' he thought.

'Sorry, forgot one other thing, you're not supposed to be aware until 4 years old. That way it'll be easier to adapt to your new life.' said the lady that reincarnated him.

'Oh, that kinda sucks.'

'Yeah well, it's the rules. Don't worry, it'll feel like just a moment for you. Later.' she said before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

New novel! This one is an idea I had that I wanted to implement and this one really will be updated at completely random intervals, but will try once a week.

Let me know what you think about his powers. Also, his adoptive parents are Momo's parents, but ten years before she was born. So he's Mirko's age, wink wink, and Momo won't be born for another ten years give or take. His personality will be carefree like Buddha in RoR, but very confident. Throughout Heaven and Earth, I alone am the Honored One.

I was originally going to only do constructs for quirk because I really do love the Buddhist Cultivators in CN, but I decided to add Buddha's appearance from RoR. But as I said in the description, I don't mean to offend anyone, I have a great appreciation for Buddhism. I won't venture into Buddhism as a concept that much if at all, just because I don't want to butcher it.

61