Underground Masquerade 2
448 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CLANG

At the clanging of the bell, Rapper rushed Yuuichi fists at the ready while Yuuichi waited for the cage fighter to approach.

As soon as Rapper was in range, he started a rush of punches that were too fast for the average person to see much less dodge. But Yuuichi was able to see them clearly and dodged each and every one.

"The Rapper's opening move is a murderous rush of blows! But Monk is just casually dodging them like they're not even there! What level of fighting is this?!" said the MC.

"Come on, don't tell me that's all you got. It's not even enough for a warm-up." said Yuuichi with a bored look.

"Tch!" said the Rapper before starting his flurry of blows again but this time with more variation to it, which was still unfortunately not enough to land a hit on Yuuichi.

But Yuuichi knew that he had to take a dive, so he pretended to get hit by one and threw himself against the cage, acting as if he was hurt.

"Incredible! It seems Monk's dodging was unable to keep up with Rapper's fists this time! But will it be enough?!"

"Hahaha! Where's that big talk now?!" said Rapper.

"Such a shame. Would've been fun." mumbled Yuuichi as he stumbled forward and fell flat onto the ground.

"Eh?" said Rapper.

"Oh! That's it! It seems he took more damage than we thought! Monk is defeated and Rapper remains undefeated! Give it up for Rapper!" said the MC as the crowd cheered while medics put Yuuichi on a stretcher before taking him to the back.

While on the stretcher, Yuuichi paid attention to where they were taking him and plotted the route back. After a few turns, they entered a back room where the other fighters were bandaged and laying down on cots while "medics" took a look at them.

The medics carrying Yuuichi slowly placed him down and bandaged his arm where he had gotten hit by Rapper as well as bandaged his nose from when he fell face first onto the ring.

After resting for a few minutes, a group of three people with the man in the lead looking like an important person made their way to Yuuichi's cot.

"That death match was a sight to behold, Mr. Monk. Victory may have escaped your clutches this time but we of the Underground Masquerade would like to honor your efforts." said the man in the lead as he reached inside his coat pocket before pulling out a needle.

"To help nudge you toward a rematch and future win, we've prepared this. This cocktail combines a Quirk Booster with all manner of stimulants. It's a wonder drug that will make you a mightier warrior than ever before. We on the medical team decide when to administer it but if a fighter is still conscious, we do make a point of asking for consent. After all, this entire operation is based around free and willing participants." he explained.

"A deal with the devil, huh?" said Yuuichi.

"Something like that."

"Nah."

"Sorry?"

"I said nah. I will take that drug as evidence though." said Yuuichi as he constructed chains that constricted all the medical personnel and the guards present in the room.

"What are you doing?!" said the man in charge as he struggled to get out of the chains.

"My job." said Yuuichi, standing up before knocking out each of the personnel with one swift chop to the neck.

"Man, I shouldn't have taken the dive. I wanted to fight that Rapper guy some more. He was a good test for my eyes." said Yuuichi.

Over the past 2 years, Yuuichi had been trying to get his eye power under control so he could use it whenever and not just when in critical danger. Unfortunately, Yuuichi did not have much success with it until a few months before the Underground Masquerade Infiltration.

But just like when using it in critical danger, Yuuichi was unable to keep up the eye power for long. He had managed to make it slow down time less which allowed him to have it active for longer, which is what he used when fighting Rapper. Still, it put a strain on his eyes so he only used it when necessary or during serious training with Nagant.

"Oh well. Let's get some evidence."

Taking out a small camera and flashlight, Yuuichi began to rummage through the boxes full of files looking for any evidence that they were distributing drugs. But he was also looking for the name of their supplier.

After a few minutes of searching, Yuuich had enough evidence but he had not found a name. Unfortunately, he couldn't risk staying any longer for fear of getting caught, so he put everything away and walked out the door only to be met with Rapper.

"Hey. Shoulda known you were okay, bub. That last punch didn't feel right like it didn't really hit home. So I had a feeling your heart wasn't in it." he said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a stack of cash.

"Here. For you. Half the prize money and a bonus. You started out strong, though. It was looking like a fight I could sink my teeth into." he said, holding out the money.

"No. Keep it. I'm fine. Appreciate it though." said Yuuichi.

"Your loss." he said putting the money away, "So let's go again, yeah? But all the way this time! No holding back!"

"I wish I could, but I got places to be." said Yuuichi with a smile as he began to walk back toward the ring to make his exit.

"Aw, don't be a party pooper. I can tell you wanted to give me a beat-down." said Rapper.

"Maybe."

"Maybe? There's no maybe in life. Only yes or no. And this is a yes. Life's no fun without a little stupid. Your life will feel empty if you go through it making nothing but smart moves. A man's fist needs words from the soul. That's my, uh... philosophy? Creed?" he said.

"Next time. I promise we can go toe-to-toe till one of us is on the ground." said Yuuichi.

"That's more like it! I can't wait!" he shouted, fist-pumping at the thought of the beatdown.

"What's all that noise?" asked Yuuichi, hearing a loud commotion coming from the arena.

"Probably a fight." said Rapper as they arrived at the arena.

"Ha haha! I knew it! I totally knew it! I got a nose for these things! If there's a fight to be had then don't leave me outta it!" said a female figure that was bouncing around the arena, grabbed a mask off someone and landed on the cage.

"What's this, now?! Do I spy a school uniform? Who is this surprise schoolgirl intruder?!" said the MC.

"Who the hell're you?" asked someone from the crowd.

"Who am I, you ask?! I'm, uhh...umm. The Masked Mystery Beauty! Tiger Bunny!" said the bunny-eared girl.

As soon as Yuuichi heard the voice of the girl, he knew who it was, and her appearance and naming sense only served to further confirm his answer.

"Hang on... ain't that Usako?"

"You mean the chick from Hiroshima?"

"Totally! That's Usako the Fight Crasher!"

"No, umm...ahem. I am not the one you call Usako. No way. This makes hides my true face, clearly."

"Your cover's totally blown! Y'can't hide those ears! How dumb is she?!"

"Whatever! Let's rumble!" she shouted.

"It seems Tiger Bunny is here to issue a challenge?!" said the MC.

"Hey. Little lady. We're in the middle of a fight." said one of the fighters currently in the ring.

"Woulja mind coming down from there?"

"Also who was that "Let's rumble" for? Me? Or him? Or maybe both at once?!" shouted the fighter as they both rushed her only for her to take them both down with one swift and beautiful kick to their heads.

"You two ain't enough! How 'bout everybody in this joint?!" she shouted

"Count me in!" shouted the crowd as they all rushed to the cage.

"It's total mayhem! Any semblance of order has gone out the window! With all these unregistered challengers in the mix, all bets are off! Literally, there's no betting on this exhibition match! The whole audience is invited to join this fray for the thrill of it! Nothing to gain, nothing to lose!" said the MC.

"You haven't changed at all, have you?" said Yuuichi with a smile as he saw Rumi taking down person after person without breaking a sweat and without ever dropping the smile on her face.

"Hm? You know her?" asked Rapper.

"We're acquainted. You're not joining? Seems like something you would like."

"Naw. That's no proper death match. Besides, chicks just don't get my manly philosophy. How could they? They're chicks."

"Don't let her hear you say that." said Yuuichi.

BEEEEP

FSHHHH

"Hm?" said Yuuichi seeing gas coming out of the vents and the staff putting on gas masks.

As for all the people who had breathed it in, they started screaming before their bodies started changing.

'Quirk Boosters.' thought Yuuichi as he saw the people's quirks start going out of control, just like Kuma had. Seeing the area where the gas was coming from, Yuuichi backed away so as to not accidentally breathe it in.

"Whoa, now what?! What's wrong with you folks?! Not feeling so hot?!" said Rumi as she stood on top of the cage, avoiding the gas.

"Poison gas with some type of Quirk Booster mixed in. And it's spreading too." said O'Clock who had appeared next to them.

"Whoa! Who the hell are you?!" said Rapper.

"Don't worry about it. Right now we need to figure out how to escape." he said.

As Yuuichi looked out into the crowd, he noticed a black gas appear behind a guy whose body was covered in magma and as the black gas touched the man, his body reverted back to normal. Seeing the gas do the same thing to other people, Yuuichi realized what it was.

"That black gas is sucking quirks away. Be careful." said Yuuichi as he noticed the gas appear behind Rumi, activating his eye power at the critical danger.

Constructing a bonsho around Rumi to stop the gas from touching her, he then moved the bonsho next to him before canceling it.

And right as he canceled it, Rumi bolted right at him, wrapping him in a hug.

"Yuuichi! I knew I recognized that Quirk!" she shouted as she squeezed with all her might.

"Hey, Rumi." said Yuuichi as he hugged her back.

Seeing the two of them hugging each other in silence while the arena was in chaos, O'Clock and Rapper gave each other a look of understanding.

"Ahem." said O'Clock, causing the two teens to let each other go.

"What are you doing here?" asked Rumi who was not the least bit embarrassed by her hug.

"We'll talk later. Right now we need to escape. And be careful of that black gas, it's taking people's Quirks." said Yuuichi as he took off his ski mask.

"Be right back." said O'Clock as he disappeared and then reappeared with four gas masks that he stole from staff members before handing them out.

"Here's the plan. They've blocked the stairwell and emergency exit which means there's only one way out. But there are some guards, though they shouldn't be a problem. I'm gonna bulldoze my way across." said O'Clock.

"Sounds good. We'll dive in first to get their attention." said Yuuichi.

"Just go easy on them, some of them are civilians. And just in case, our backup plan if an unexpected threat shows up down here is to have one of us run out the door and call for All Might." said O'Clock.

"I'll do it! I'm the fastest!" said Rumi.

"Okay. Good luck." said O'Clock as everyone rushed out into the fray.

21