Chapter 1
745 7 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stretch a little and look at the profit I get from all my investments. Reincarnation has its perks, after all.

It has its perks, even when you do not have any power from your reincarnation or have reincarnated into a fantasy world.

That's right, people. For some reason, I get reincarnated into this world. What kind of world is this? Well, it was an alternate version of Earth. This world is the exact copy of Earth. I have noticed the difference between this world and my previous world but it was not too big to cause major events in the world to change.

So far, it has been the same.

Hell. I reincarnate into the same family at the same time as my previous world.

Because of this, I decided to exploit it. I will buy a lot of Bitcoin and other high price crypto coins in the future at a very low price. Now, I reap what I sow. One bitcoin is more than nineteen thousand USD, which is a lot in this country.

I was born and raised in Indonesia. One bitcoin gives me three hundred million rupiahs (AN* 25-Oct-2022 price), and that is a lot in this part of the world, and I have more than three thousand of them after buying them at low prices over the years.

"Jeremy! Come down here! The food is ready!"

"Yes, mom!"

Anyway, my name is Jeremy Revaldi Siregar. I just graduated from college three days ago.

When I arrived in the dining room, I saw my mom putting food on the table. Yenny Purba is her name, and she is my beloved mother. She is a stern mother who ensures my siblings, and I always stay in line but deep down, she is a caring and kind mother.

Sitting in front of me is a man reading a newspaper while taking a sip of his coffee. This man is my father, Linton Siregar. He is a carefree father who is willing to indulge us but never makes him angry because he is like a volcano when he is angry. In his youth, he got arrested after he broke someone's legs and arms after saying something bad to my grandmother.

"When are you going to search for work, Jeremy? You know that your Father and I are not getting younger."

I sigh a little and say.

"You know that I don't need to work any longer. I have a lot of money from my investments in the past. You already saw my savings and my assets. Hell, I have more money than even Aunty Carla!"

My aunt has a small business, and she has huge success from this business and receives a lot of money. My mother always told my sibling and me how rich her sister was and how proud she was. She also says something about how we should follow in her footsteps and make a lot of money.

However, here we are. I have a dozen billion in my bank account and many more in crypto assets, but my mother still wants me to work.

"I know! However, you still need to work, dear. I hear that crypto is not safe and can go down at any time!"

"Not really, mom. It can decrease in price, but I have a feeling it will not go down. At least not anytime soon."

I know it because it was still there when I died from choking those peanuts. I now have a fear of peanuts. I don't want to see and especially don't want to eat any peanuts.

"Leave him be, dear. He knows what he is doing and I trust him to be a successful man."

My mom can only sigh at my father's words before continuing to put more food on the table. However, instead of continuing to read his newspaper, he looks at me and says,

"However, your mother is right, Jeremy. You need to search for some work or at least an activity you can do. You were always stuck in the house, which was not good for you."

Well, it is already high time to get my own house. I hear there is a good house on the other side of the city.

"Don't even think of getting your own house to escape this rule."

Geh! He knows what I'm thinking.

"Maybe you should do that Youtuber thing."

"You want me to be a Youtuber? You know that it only makes me stay in the house even more, right? Many of them play games inside their house."

"No. I don't want you to do that. I want you as a traveling Youtuber. You go around the world and enjoy your youth and maybe when I retire from my work, you will take us with you."

"Why don't I take you guys with me?"

My father shakes his head and says.

"No. I still have a responsibility to make sure your brother and sister have an education and good job for the future."

"I can pay for their education."

"No. As your father, it was my responsibility. I still have the energy to make sure my responsibility is fulfilled. I also hate not doing something."

I smile a little at his answer. Yeah. Mom and Dad are always workaholics. They cannot just stay in one place doing nothing. They want to go out and do something.

"Good. You still get the dividend from all the companies you have their share, right?"

"Yeah. Every year, I will get a good amount of money."

"Good. That means you do not need to worry about money for your travel."

That is true. Besides crypto, I also buy many shares with a good future at a low price from the company. They will send money to my account every year, and it keeps growing because I know that these companies will succeed in the future.

"Yeah, sure. I guess I can do that. Lucky for me, I already know how to edit video and audio. Now, the only thing I need is a camera and learn how to use them correctly."

Now, where should I buy the camera? Should I go to the mall, or should I do online shopping? No. I need them right away. I guess I need to shop at the nearby electronics shop.

"Dad, can I use your car? I need to do some shopping."

"Hmmm? Sure. What about this? We all go there and have some family time. Today is a weekend and we can spend the rest of the weekend together."

"Sure."

"We are going somewhere?!"

I look at the stairs and see a twin run toward the table. They are my twin brother and sister. They are called Rachel and Richard. Rachel is the older one by a few minutes.

"We are going to the mall. Your brother wants to buy some camera and other things."

"Really?! Can we come, brother?!"

The twins quickly hug my legs and look at me with pleading eyes.

"Sure. We will go after breakfast."

"Yay~"

I smile a little at their cheer.

"Alright. Alright. Keep it down you two. Take a seat. The food is ready."

=||=

I release a sigh and look at the ceiling above me. I have been thinking about what my father said to me. He is right. I cannot just stay inside my home and not enjoy my youth. In my previous life, I was too busy with my job and never once enjoyed life.

I also started to distance myself from my family in my previous life because of my study and work. I thought that spending more time with them was enough.

Well, it was enough for me but for them? They did not want to see me just stay inside the house and not enjoy my youth.

I need some excitement in my life. I need to enjoy my second life and search for some adventure.

I take my phone and get ready to write my plan on my phone. However, before I could do that, I got a notification on my phone.

|Do you want to experience some excitement in your life? Do you want to have an adventure? Join the Multiverse Chat Group! Explore the greater universe and experience an endless adventure! Expand your group and invite more friends from other places because sometimes getting friends along the way is the greatest adventure you will get!|

|Do you want to join?| |Y/N|

I don't know what is getting into me, but I press the Y button without thinking twice.

17